Royal Caribbean anthem of the seas show The Gift

I was wondering if anyone knew if Anthem of the seas show the Gift plot was about ghosts? I read somewhere it was mentioned that it was about something magical or ghosts? I would just like to clarify this before going on our cruise later in the year. We dont like things with what I mentioned above. I'm going to book the show and would just like to know what the plot was about. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Kinda sorta about ghosts, but not really. I didn't care for it and to be honest even seeing it I'm not 100% sure what it was about. Basic plot as I recall is family; mother, father, and two kids. Mother dies and the rest of the family grows apart. Mother's spirit doesn't like that they've grown apart and she (as well as other spirits) help the remaining family members come back together and grow as a family.

Honestly I found it really hard to follow (and a lot of people share that sentiment, although I met a few who really enjoyed it.

while the show is a bit abstract, it has a nice lead up to the ending and and really unique and funny last minute that will make you chuckle. Please no one give it away. There is a lesson to the show and costumes are nice and sets are nice.

I think you should view the show (good for kids too) as it is not really a dark themed show but rather a life theme.

The sets are wonderful. I did not enjoy it the first time, but went back again and I did like it because I did not analyze just went with the flow.

So go and DON'T overthink, just enjoy and wait for the cute ending. Shhhhhh anyone who saw it.

Thank you. That was what I wanted to know. We will probably be skipping this show.

We loved “The Gift” and all that it entailed on stage....have seen it four times and continue to like it. It does involve the spirit of a lost love. Simply put, it is about Love Lost and Love Regained.

However, you already have negative feelings about it because of what you heard, I agree that you should skip it. Spend that time doing something you enjoy.

Hi Guitar1970 :)

The 'Gift' was beautiful, touching and had us feeling so many emotions, and even tears.

Many passengers do not understand the storyline of the Gift.

However, the storyline is handed to you & explained (within the first few minutes) of the show by the head ghost narrator.

Give it a try, it's only 50 minutes or so.

The Gift was a lovely, moving experience... I will never forget it.

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

I've seen We Will Rock You and Spectra's 17 times, and will be going again whenever I'm on Anthem. Tried The Gift twice and will not be going back. I got what it was about, but found it too depressing for a cruise show. The cast and sets are wonderful though. I want to see something upbeat and fun on a ship. We Will Rock You and Spectra's are fun shows.

We will be on the Anthem in September and had planned to see all the shows but think now we will skip this one. Since my Granddaughters mother died 2 years ago we do not believe it would be a good show for her. Thanks to every one for their thoughts on this.