Receipt Question

Just off Liberty and there were TONS of people in line to settle up their accounts the night before we got off. So, decided to just combine our room charges with our kids rooms and pay them, and settle up later. Problem is, we have no receipt now! Is there any way to get a copy of the receipt with room charges after the fact? Some of us had onboard credit and I want to make sure that was applied as well.

Thanks!

Just off Liberty and there were TONS of people in line to settle up their accounts the night before we got off. So, decided to just combine our room charges with our kids rooms and pay them, and settle up later. Problem is, we have no receipt now! Is there any way to get a copy of the receipt with room charges after the fact? Some of us had onboard credit and I want to make sure that was applied as well.

Thanks!

We typically get an email very shortly after getting off the ship. I would check your inbox or your spam folder.

We typically get an email very shortly after getting off the ship. I would check your inbox or your spam folder.
We got a printed copy of our bill on Independence on June 2nd left outside our cabin.

The next day we got an email with our bill itemized.

No email! I've been looking for one! Our bill seems abnormally high so I want to make sure we weren't double billed for something, or that our kids didn't go crazy with the room service! But we had 4 girls in one room, each girl from a different family, so I want to make sure each girl's charges went to the right family.

No email! I've been looking for one! Our bill seems abnormally high so I want to make sure we weren't double billed for something, or that our kids didn't go crazy with the room service! But we had 4 girls in one room, each girl from a different family, so I want to make sure each girl's charges went to the right family.

The number for questions after a cruise is (800) 256-6649. I would start there.

I always check the TV statement once a day. We have always gotten a paper copy in the door the last day. I did have a concern once and I had my TA contact RCCL and they Emailed a copy of the itemized bill within two days.

I checked MY account frequently, but the issue was, with 4 girls in one room (only 1 was mine), and our 20 year old son and his GF in another room (that my husband was technically in since 20 year olds can't have a room to themselves) so we have 3 separate "bills" and each of us had onboard credit. So, even though I know what MY account should be, I'm just trying to see what my son and his GF owe, and make sure none of the other girls room charges ended up on my bill. But thanks for the phone number! I will try there and see! I never got a bill outside our room, or the morning of disembarkation either!

Every cruise, regardless of cruiseline, before breakfast, no lines, go to purser's desk and get a printout of the previous charges. Caught some mistakes and don't have to wait to final day's blues!

Waste of time, just do the same on the TV at the end of the day, and if there's something there of question then go to the Purser's desk.

LOS is not in that category.

Technology wise it might be. LOS came out in 2007 and Oasis in 2009 a lot can change in two years. But not sure why LOS wouldn't show the daily bill, it worked fine for us. Plus, making reservations for shows, dinner, and excursions. Maybe that doesn't work as well on LOS.

It showed our bill on the TV, my issue is, my family was spread out over 3 rooms, with kids sharing with friends. I thought I would get a receipt and not have to go barge in on other rooms to look at their TV to see the bill! I have called the number and requested the bills from the 3 rooms and was told I would have them within 1 hour and still nothing (16 hours later or so). So frustrating!!

I have had the odd problem with being over-charged so I understand the concern.

On my last cruise, I made my two children (aged 20 and 22) responsible for their own accounts. I gave them cash spending money which they could use to clear their accounts before we disembarked. Anything over was covered by their credit cards. I also advised them to check their own accounts everyday and query any overcharges.

It was a good learning experience for the kids and less of a headache for me. Plus I noticed that they were much more careful with their spending and took more notice of the cost of drinks etc.

Personally I would let it go as it is really hard to query charges once you leave the ship. That is just my opinion.

Well my daughter was in a room with 3 other girls whose families were also on the cruise, I'm more concerned with seeing if those charges went to the correct families. They split the onboard credit between them so I want to make sure that got credited also. My oldest was responsible for his account, but since we had to put an adult in each room, things got jumbled.