Questions for the "Suite Life" dwellers - thinking of booking our first

voljeep

They used to give boutonnière type flowers on formal nights. That went away years ago. I can’t remember the last time we got them.

There used to also be an arrangement in the suite and that also changed to the orchid. Makes it that they don’t have to freshen them up often.

That has not been our experience. In the period between February 5, 2017 and February 28, 2018 we have spent 93 days in penthouse suites aboard Princess ships Regal, Caribbean, Emerald, and Royal and we have gotten the corsage and boutonniere every formal night.

The suites also come with an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, so you might want to schedule it for one of those mornings.

UBB complimentary? I don't see that on the suite perks listing on Princess. We've never done that before, but would certainly do it if it were included.

The suites also come with an Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, so you might want to schedule it for one of those mornings.

I know we have gotten that when it’s been a side perk of taking an up sell, but it wasn’t a part of our suite when just booking it in the past. Have they recently changed this? It’s not listed on the suite perks.

That has not been our experience. In the period between February 5, 2017 and February 28, 2018 we have spent 93 days in penthouse suites aboard Princess ships Regal, Caribbean, Emerald, and Royal and we have gotten the corsage and boutonniere every formal night.

Do you have to request them? They used to just deliver them to our suite on formal nights and the last few times we didn’t even get a form to put in if we wanted one. I asked our cabin steward and he said they no longer did them. This was on the Regal.

Guess I should have called! Glad you were able to enjoy the perk!! And the 93 days onboard!!

Thanks to those that answered my question regarding ordering room service from the MDR menu. We were hoping to take advantage of the breakfast menu on one or two mornings as we have early morning 'scenic cruising' and thought it would be nice to simply have breakfast in our cabin, so we didn't miss anything. Maybe we'll give it a try one morning and see how it goes. Thanks again.

It is a plus to have them bring the MDR menu and we always received them the night before, usually at turn down service. We hang onto them and I scan & post them in the reviews as seems helpful to other travelers. At times I will take food pictures & post them too. I always write on the back of the menu, what each one of us had as by the time I get back home, I can't always remember exactly what we had.

Do you have to request them? They used to just deliver them to our suite on formal nights and the last few times we didn’t even get a form to put in if we wanted one. I asked our cabin steward and he said they no longer did them. This was on the Regal.

Guess I should have called! Glad you were able to enjoy the perk!! And the 93 days onboard!!

We did not request them We don't take formal wear so we don't use them. We just put them in a glass of water for room decoration or give them away.

They used to give boutonnière type flowers on formal nights. That went away years ago. I can’t remember the last time we got them.

We had formal night flowers, both for the lady and the gent, on the Caribbean Princess in 2016. We didn't have to request them, they just appeared. We didn't use them and gave them to a couple down the hall.

Well, when you order from the dining room menu, that is where the food needs to come from.

Yes, I understand that. My point was that the "we have to go to the dining room" was a peremptory excuse for the delivery time.

When I called to initially give them my order, I was quoted, "Delivery will be approximately 45 minutes because we have to go to the dining room."

That is more information than I need.

"Delivery will be approximately 45 minutes," is perfectly acceptable.

It just bugged me. Then, again, talk about first world problems. I know I have a pretty good life.

I think the point they were making in that initial call was that there was a reason for the 45 minute delay when they normally quote 30 and often deliver in 15 minutes. You are right, they didn't have to tell you that.

To keep repeating it would get a little old.

Frankly, service involving the MDRs can be spotty. Daughter asked if she could take her dessert back to the room. The answer was no, but they could have room service deliver it to the room for her. The first time, it was delivered almost as soon as we got back to the room and the person who had seated us in the dining room delivered it. Room service personnel did not get involved. She asked them to send dessert to the room a few nights later and it never came.

Well, way back in this post, I mentioned that we tried a suite for the first time earlier this year but it would probably be the last. Lo and behold, I found a great deal on the same room we sailed on earlier this year ... so the suite life ... here we come again. Yooohooo!

My DH said he'd cut our cruise schedule to once a year if we could just get a suite ... so that looks like what might happen. So worth it, though ... just a taste and we can't go back to 'the cave' now.

Good on you Cruise Raider..... enjoy yourselves in your suite.

I make the mistake of taking the other half on our first cruise in a suite... now there is no going back

so 131 days until next suite and 249 days until the one after....

it is the first time we have two cruises to look forward to

Cheers Don

Good on you Cruise Raider..... enjoy yourselves in your suite.

I make the mistake of taking the other half on our first cruise in a suite... now there is no going back

so 131 days until next suite and 249 days until the one after....

it is the first time we have two cruises to look forward to

Cheers Don

You're a good man Don. I am sure your wife appreciates the suite life! Enjoy!! BTW, my husband made the same "mistake" for my 60th birthday cruise. ;):)

Luckily overtime at work has allowed me to book the majority of my Princess cruises in a full suite. DW & I both love the full suite breakfast perk, being able to order off of the full MDR menu, and the extra space (especially in our one stay in the GS:D). Course by course dining would be nice, but oh well. We make use of the Laundry and I usually exchange our mini bar set up for all diet cokes for my DW. Another thing we both fell in love with, starting with our Sapphire Princess Hawaii Cruise (2013), was a nice big aft wake view balcony. We've had all types in the various ship classes of Princess and usually will not book a cruise unless we can get an aft wake view balcony. We've hosted several sail away parties for other roll call members that were thoroughly enjoyed by all in attendance.

I'm really looking forward to our next two cruises as in November, we once again have the GS on the Star. In November of next year, we will have one of only two aft OS suites on the new Sky Princess. My one hope is there won't be any soot issues as there were on the Royal (2013).....:):):)

Regarding my earlier comment about the mini bar. I thought I saw recently where there was some change involving the mini bar set ups. I believe I read it was now per cabin instead of per person. Looked again online, but couldn't find what I had originally read. Can someone reading this, please advise if this is now the case?

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Regarding my earlier comment about the mini bar. I thought I saw recently where there was some change involving the mini bar set ups. I believe I read it was now per cabin instead of per person. Looked again online, but couldn't find what I had originally read. Can someone reading this, please advise if this is now the case?

Bob

I believe the policy has always been 1 mini-bar setup per cruise for booking the suite. I know you can get a second setup for your suite if you are Elite level in the Captains Circle loyalty club.

I believe the policy has always been 1 mini-bar setup per cruise for booking the suite. I know you can get a second setup for your suite if you are Elite level in the Captains Circle loyalty club.

You are correct.