Reservations at Blu

travel1light

Hi All,

Going on my first ever cruise with my family, 6 of us in total. My question is, can I make dinner reservations for Blu? Have gone on trip planner to make some reservations already, but Blu never shows up as an option. Just concerned as we are a larger group. Thanks.

Nervous Cruiser.

You should be able to work that out the first night (obvious question, but you do all have AQ cabins, right?) - they do have larger tables, and most people in Blu are parties of 2 so if you're flexible the first night I think you'll be fine. But you're right, no advance reservations.

Suite guests are only admitted to BLU for dinner if space is available

If your group are all in AQ class and you arrive together around the same time each night, it should work out okay...but as mentioned above, no reservations per se are permitted in BLU

Suite guests are only admitted to BLU for dinner if space is available

If your group are all in AQ class and you arrive together around the same time each night, it should work out okay...but as mentioned above, no reservations per se are permitted in BLU

But I think if they ask nicely the first night that they'd all like to eat together at 6 or 7 or 8 I can't believe they wouldn't do that?

I think having a set time each night would help Blu schedule for other large parties.

Hi again,

We are all in AQ cabins. We are looking to eat there on the 4th night of the cruise. I will look into it after boarding.

Another newbie question. Read somewhere that AQ class gets concierge class benefits as well, true?

My experience in Blu is that with a group of 6 or 8, they will talk to you about what time you want to come in advance and have a table for you. Our agreement was always that if we were not going to come or we were fewer, we’d let them know in advance.

It all depends on how many large groups there are but I’ve never seen more than two or three.

Good luck.

Remember BLU is your dining room. You do not have a table in the main dining room. All those first three nights you can eat in a specialty or at the buffet but don’t just show up at the dining room looking for your table. You won’t find one. If you want to eat in the main dining room some night have the maître d’ at blue make arrangements for you

Hi again,

We are all in AQ cabins. We are looking to eat there on the 4th night of the cruise. I will look into it after boarding.

Another newbie question. Read somewhere that AQ class gets concierge class benefits as well, true?

For one special night they will almost certainly set up a nice table for you.. We have had roll call dinners up to 10...we went at the time that was suggested by the maitre d. We had.great service. It worked out quite well.

As mentioned it should be fine. Groups larger than 8 can really kill the BLU dining rm for others, esp as the wine flows!

On our Infinity cruise they had 2 lg groups each night..one group ate early, one late. They set up the big groups at one long banquette table in the rear...and everyone else clustered in the front..

There are sev threads abt large groups in BLU and Luminae but 6 is not that large...They have round tables that would work well!

Have fun

On our last cruise on the Reflection, we had a party of 6 most nights, and most mornings for that matter. I asked the maitre'd if it would be easier if we made reservations and was told no no no, just show up. They wouldn't do reservations at all.

On our last night, we added two more to our party, and were moved to a long table in the back, instead of our usual 6-top round. No reservations ever, and I don't remember waiting more than a moment any time we went.

Remember BLU is your dining room. You do not have a table in the main dining room. All those first three nights you can eat in a specialty or at the buffet but don’t just show up at the dining room looking for your table. You won’t find one. If you want to eat in the main dining room some night have the maître d’ at blue make arrangements for you

Good point, I wonder where they are eating the first three nights and if they know that Blu is their dining room not the MDR.

Good point, I wonder where they are eating the first three nights and if they know that Blu is their dining room not the MDR.

I made reservations at Silhouette for the first night, seems to work as it shows up in my calendar. Murano for night 3. Going to try to book Tuscan Grille for night 2. Then Blu for night 4.

Another question, can ship credit among our rooms be combined? Or can cost for specialty restaurant be split among rooms?

Sorry about all the questions, total cruise newby here.

Thanks.

The only benefit Aqua does not get but CC does is the embarkation lunch in the MDR.

So, reading the class descriptions, concierge gets the following. Does that mean as aqua we get all these as well? And if so, how does priority seating work?

Concierge Class passengers receive priority seating at onboard restaurants and access to a special lounge on embarkation day, where they can wait in comfort to board the ship. In-room amenities include a welcome bottle of sparkling wine with a commemorative label, pillow menu, afternoon canapes, fresh fruit, special toiletries, an upgraded spa showerhead and use of binoculars, a golf umbrella and an extra hair dryer.

I made reservations at Silhouette for the first night, seems to work as it shows up in my calendar. Murano for night 3. Going to try to book Tuscan Grille for night 2. Then Blu for night 4.

Another question, can ship credit among our rooms be combined? Or can cost for specialty restaurant be split among rooms?

Sorry about all the questions, total cruise newby here.

Thanks.

Reservations in Silhouette?? Silhouette is the name of a Celebrity ship, not aware of any onboard restaurants with the same name!

I don't think you are understanding what Blu is all about.

You said you and others have Aqua Class cabins. If that is the case, then Blu is your assigned dining room. As Aqua class passengers you are able to eat breakfast and dinner there every night of your cruise if you wish.

They do not take reservations, you just show up to Blu when you would like to eat (check dining hours) and you will be seated either right away or after a short wait. Only Aqua class passengers are permitted to dine in Blu (or suite guests if there is room) and there is no charge for that, it's included in your Aqua class fare.

As far as using OBC (onboard credit) each cabin has their own account, so if you dine in a specialty restaurant let them know that you are using OBC and give them your seapass cards and tell them how many diners you are paying for. They will charge each account with the proper amount.

Reservations in Silhouette?? Silhouette is the name of a Celebrity ship, not aware of any onboard restaurants with the same name!

I don't think you are understanding what Blu is all about.

You said you and others have Aqua Class cabins. If that is the case, then Blu is your assigned dining room. As Aqua class passengers you are able to eat breakfast and dinner there every night of your cruise if you wish.

They do not take reservations, you just show up to Blu when you would like to eat (check dining hours) and you will be seated either right away or after a short wait. Only Aqua class passengers are permitted to dine in Blu (or suite guests if there is room) and there is no charge for that, it's included in your Aqua class fare.

As far as using OBC (onboard credit) each cabin has their own account, so if you dine in a specialty restaurant let them know that you are using OBC and give them your seapass cards and tell them how many diners you are paying for. They will charge each account with the proper amount.

Silhouette Restaurant

The magnificent and luxurious main dining room of Celebrity Equinox. With a two-story glass wine tower and dazzling chandeliers, this quintessential dining area has a decidedly Hollywood aura. Serving savory World & Continental cuisine, complete with Celebrity's famed European-style service.Yes

Silhouette Restaurant

The magnificent and luxurious main dining room of Celebrity Equinox. With a two-story glass wine tower and dazzling chandeliers, this quintessential dining area has a decidedly Hollywood aura. Serving savory World & Continental cuisine, complete with Celebrity's famed European-style service.Yes

That is the main dining room onboard the ship you are sailing. It is not a specialty restaurant and it certainly does not take reservations. It is for passengers who are sailing in inside, balcony and concierge class cabins. The tables in this restaurant are assigned to you for the entire cruise, reservations are not taken. Passengers sailing in Aqua class are assigned to BLU. Passengers in suites are assigned to Luminae.

There are separate dining rooms for different cabin categories.

That is not the dining room assigned for you to have meals in, you are assigned to BLU since you said you are in an Aqua class cabin. You would need the maître d' in BLU to make arrangements for you to dine in the main dining room if that is what you would like, although most people book Aqua class because of BLU!

That is the main dining room. I do not believe you can make reservations there if you are in Aqua class; I'm surprised the planner let you do that, but don't be surprised if they send you back to BLU.

Have a great cruise, and don't worry, it will al come together for a great time.

That is the main dining room. I do not believe you can make reservations there if you are in Aqua class; I'm surprised the planner let you do that, but don't be surprised if they send you back to BLU.

Have a great cruise, and don't worry, it will al come together for a great time.

Ha, I guess my planning panic is starting to show.

Anyway, I went with the anytime dining option if that makes any difference.

Thanks for you reply, I will try to take your advice.

Aqua/Blu guests do not "choose" an anytime option, it is the default. I think you are really confused about some things.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Blu is your assigned dining room. I doubt you will be able to go to the MDR on the first night, but with special, prior arrangement you may be able to later in the week. If you just want to "see" it, why not go for lunch (or breakfast) when it is open seating and you don't have to make prior arrangements?

Stay in Blu. The matra dei is great in Blu she will seat you the first night as a group. Stop by and tell her you want to link the other rooms to yours and each night the tables will be ready for you. As you leave each night tell her your plans for the next day and she will reserve the space for you on the nights that you are not at a special rest. Since you have 8 they will be waiting for you especially if you arrive between 6 and 7pm. As for credit card stuff, go to guest relations on 3rd floor and link the accounts to yours on the first day. You can do it via computer now if you like. I have done it several times with family. If you are asking about only when you go to the speciality restaurants then take care of it as you enter with the host. Either way it is easy just ask someone.

Enjoy. We are on the Equinox the next two weeks.

Celebrity doesn't make it easy for first timers!

So here is the scoop.

You are assigned to Blu, which is open seating.

Their computer system can't deal with this, because it's never been updated, so it asks you to choose any time dining, or traditional fixed dining. But those choices don't apply to you. We all wish their computer system wouldn't be so confusing but it is what it is.

There is a special dining room for Suites, called Luminae, and a special dining room for Aqua, called Blu. All other guests are assigned to the Main Dining Room. As an Aqua passenger you cannot make reservations on line to eat in the main dining room. That isn't to say that you can't make arrangements to eat there, you just can't do it on line. If you want to eat in the Main Dining Room, see the MaitreD in Blu who can make the arrangements for you on a space available basis. You may find that your preferred time is not available, and you might have to eat early or later than your first choice.

If you just go to Blu, it is open seating, no reservations needed.

If you want to eat in one of the extra-charge specialty restaurants, you can make those reservations on line or you can wait until you are on board.

As to on-board credit, it is possible to transfer this from one room to another. There's a form for this at Guest Relations. It is also possible for people in one stateroom to pay for something for their friends in a different stateroom.

So just to confirm what others have said, even though it might appear that you made a reservation for Silhouette, the Main Dining Room, you did not. If you show up there on the first night, you will be directed to Blu.

So here is the scoop.

Their computer system can't deal with this, because it's never been updated, so it asks you to choose any time dining, or traditional fixed dining. But those choices don't apply to you. We all wish their computer system wouldn't be so confusing but it is what it is.

There is a special dining room for Suites, called Luminae, and a special dining room for Aqua, called Blu. All other guests are assigned to the Main Dining Room. As an Aqua passenger you cannot make reservations on line to eat in the main dining room. That isn't to say that you can't make arrangements to eat there, you just can't do it on line. If you want to eat in the Main Dining Room, see the MaitreD in Blu who can make the arrangements for you on a space available basis. You may find that your preferred time is not available, and you might have to eat early or later than your first choice.

If you want to eat in one of the extra-charge specialty restaurants, you can make those reservations on line or you can wait until you are on board.

As to on-board credit, it is possible to transfer this from one room to another. There's a form for this at Guest Relations. It is also possible for people in one stateroom to pay for something for their friends in a different stateroom.

So just to confirm what others have said, even though it might appear that you made a reservation for Silhouette, the Main Dining Room, you did not. If you show up there on the first night, you will be directed to Blu.

Just to add one quick note, having 8 people would make it more difficult to secure seats in the MDR if you choose to eat there for a night. By the way, the food in Blu is better and the main reason for booking Aqua

So here is the scoop.

Hi,

Thank you and all the others who are being so patient with me. I now understand I can not access main restaurant as we are Aqua even though when booking I am given that option. I have actually been able to make a reservation online for the main dining room. I assume this is more of the same IT issues when booking. So, given that we are going to be turned away, is the right thing to do now to cancel that reservation?

Thanks again to all for straightening me out.