I thought if they upgraded you and you had a TA. that's who was contacted first

ontheweb

I got an e-mail from Holland America saying our cabin was changed. (It turned out to be inside to inside, pretty much the same location, but up one deck.)

When we have had previous upgrades (Carnival and Princess), our TA was contacted first. After I read the e-mail, I contacted him and he had not been contacted by HAL. He checked and told me the new room #. He then checked that it was not something we would not want. (Once before on Princess, we had been upgraded from an inside to an oceanview, but it was right below a bar and we really did not want it.) He also said that this cabin would be larger.

I thought if they upgraded you and you had a TA. that's who was contacted first.
That's always been the case for us except once when they moved us two cabins down the hall to another one of the same level, so it wasn't an upgrade. It was a surprise to our TA then too.

The email from HAL is standard. Normally, every change to your booking is announced this way. The TA is also told but a lot don't bother to say anything since they know you get the email.

I think we've had our TA let us know maybe twice in dozens of bookings.

The email from HAL is standard. Normally, every change to your booking is announced this way. The TA is also told but a lot don't bother to say anything since they know you get the email.

I think we've had our TA let us know maybe twice in dozens of bookings.

ca

When I called our TA, he did not know.

OP may be confusing this with upsell offers, which do go through the TA.

No, I have had cabins changed before, not upsells, and the information went first to my TA.

I have NEVER had an upsell.

Got upgraded to a Neptune Suite once over the Christmas holiday period and found out when I logged in to my account online... I emailed my TA and she checked and was almost as excited as me when she checked and confirmed it for me! We received email notification two days later directly from HAL.

Sensational Christmas present!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Forums mobile app

When I book a guarantee, I start checking my acct. daily when it gets to within 2 wks. of the cruise. I find out my cabin # and any upgrade way before HAL sends anything to my TA.

Roz