Our first Oasis cruise food review w/ dinner pics.

DW and I were on the ship with you. We too had a very positive dining experience. On the formal nights, we elected to eat in the Windjammer (didn't feel like changing out of my shorts and tee.) where we enjoyed the variety and relaxed atmosphere. Only ate at one specialty dining venue, Chops. I too had the 9 oz fillet which was cooked to perfection.

Having sailed Royal ships 14 times, we were a little disappointed at the reduced variety offered in the MDR and we made that known on our after cruise survey. We did however, like the new MDR change of ordering appetizer, entree, and dessert at the same time.

Enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing.

Hi,

Thank you so much! :D I just am not sure about your wife's 'Turf' of the Surf n Turf dinner selection. Maybe it's just shadows, but the steak looks like it's formed by combining other cuts. I don't know of a better way to describe what I see.

????

Bobbi

I actually don't know what cut of steak that was, but she said it was tender and delicious medium rare.

DW and I were on the ship with you. We too had a very positive dining experience. On the formal nights, we elected to eat in the Windjammer (didn't feel like changing out of my shorts and tee.) where we enjoyed the variety and relaxed atmosphere. Only ate at one specialty dining venue, Chops. I too had the 9 oz fillet which was cooked to perfection.

Having sailed Royal ships 14 times, we were a little disappointed at the reduced variety offered in the MDR and we made that known on our after cruise survey. We did however, like the new MDR change of ordering appetizer, entree, and dessert at the same time.

Enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing.

The MDR menus were a little short on choices, but since we never ate from the previous menus, I guess we weren't missing anything. We enjoyed all the food except WJ, even the pizza was decent at 11pm. Glad you had a good cruise.

Off the food subject, I've read about these items but didn't really see pics so for any first time cruisers here they are. I use a cpap machine and brought a 10 ft extension cord ( no surge protector) I heard there was was an outlet near the head board so a little investigating ce47e9de47a2b990903e5b2f300fef8b.jpgas for the coolers/ fridge not being cold enough, ours kept everything very cold.fc4f177e3731dce7fe855fea29fcdafc.jpg the showers are small, yes they are.dc430200a7929d73f1312778ed9cb1a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of your food pictures and further comments about the extension cord for the CPAP. We have not cruise the Oasis class previously and will in February. I've put in the order for the distilled water and cord. From your photo, I believe the plug is under the head board of the bed wall. Shower is average for a ship; hope it has a slider not curtain.

Our first RCI cruise was fabulous, the only food complaints were Windjammer and the MDR breakfast. We ate the buffet on the first day lunch, and that was the last time we stepped in there. It was pretty bad. The MDR breakfast food seemed to be sitting too long. We ate every breakfast in the Solarium bistro. Smaller batches equaled fresher food. Pic of us from CP 150[ATTACH]424385[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why was the Windjammer bad?

Thanks for all of your food pictures and further comments about the extension cord for the CPAP. We have not cruise the Oasis class previously and will in February. I've put in the order for the distilled water and cord. From your photo, I believe the plug is under the head board of the bed wall. Shower is average for a ship; hope it has a slider not curtain.

It is a slider.

What was the cost for lunch at Izumi? Did you need reservations?

Everything is A la carte for lunch. We ate dinner there the night before, and our server asked if we wanted to come back for lunch the next day. He penned us in for noon. The restaurant was not to crowded, but I would recommend a reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izumi charges by the item.

Everything is A la carte for lunch. We ate dinner there the night before, and our server asked if we wanted to come back for lunch the next day. He penned us in for noon. The restaurant was not to crowded, but I would recommend a reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the answer.