Jade April 2019 Transatlantic

Yllek

Jade has to be in Rome (Civi) May 12 as there's a bookable cruise out of Rome on that date!

However it's not obvious why it leaves from NYC on April 28 when its prior trip ends in Miami 4/22.

Need some sleuths:cool:

I think someone mentioned that it’s being chartered from Miami to NYC.

I hope they keep the itinerary the same, I’m booked in and like the itinerary and fares.

I think someone mentioned that it’s being chartered from Miami to NYC.

I hope they keep the itinerary the same, I’m booked in and like the itinerary and fares.

I believe the charter was just a guess. I'd far rather we left from Florida, much cheaper than NYC.

I believe the charter was just a guess. I'd far rather we left from Florida, much cheaper than NYC.

Yes, it was my guess and confirmed guess by the NCL phone rep... we all know what that means but I can't find any info re: ports of call during our TA or from Apr. 22 >28... that is actually more concerning to me than anything else.

The funky way the itinerary looks is one of the reasons I initially questioned if this was a mistake on NCL's website. While I have held my spot on the cruise I will hold off on reserving nonrefundable things like flights until the itinerary looks a little more complete online.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Me as well, I do like to book international about 6 months out so hopefully by Oct our questions shall be answered

Us too... we're planning to spend a couple of days in New York prior to the TA - LOVE that city!!

It's our home port and we love our city!!! I have not yet found one that I love more.

Us too... we're planning to spend a couple of days in New York prior to the TA - LOVE that city!!

I agree, sailing out of NYC was amazing for us. I’m from Sydney, sailing out of the harbour is pretty special. I want to sail out as many iconic cities as I can! I’m certainly having fun planning it ;)

Looking forward to sailing out of NYC again. Sipping a cocktail, Manhattan one side and NJ the other. Perfect.

We just booked this cruise over the weekend. When I was looking for one-way flights, I saw that that they are much more reasonable in cost if you spend points/miles instead of cash -- at least on Delta, our preferred airline. If you don't already have a Delta Skymiles account, there's still plenty of time to save up the miles for the flights. You could probably find a credit card that has a sign up bonus with a first 3- or 6-month minimum spend that might potentially cover all the points needed for a flight. We booked upgraded seats from Rome to home for only 45K points each vs. the ~2,500 Euro price. I know that I've seen American Express sign up offers for 60,000 miles recently -- that could cover both flights, depending on your home airports. Amex lets you transfer your points into a Delta Skymiles account and there are other airlines available too if you don't want Delta. Our first class flights to LGA were only 18,500 points each. 60,000 points is enough for both. Don't cave and spend cash that is better to have to spend on board and for excursions if you can help it!

We just booked this cruise over the weekend. When I was looking for one-way flights, I saw that that they are much more reasonable in cost if you spend points/miles instead of cash -- at least on Delta, our preferred airline. If you don't already have a Delta Skymiles account, there's still plenty of time to save up the miles for the flights. You could probably find a credit card that has a sign up bonus with a first 3- or 6-month minimum spend that might potentially cover all the points needed for a flight. We booked upgraded seats from Rome to home for only 45K points each vs. the ~2,500 Euro price. I know that I've seen American Express sign up offers for 60,000 miles recently -- that could cover both flights, depending on your home airports. Amex lets you transfer your points into a Delta Skymiles account and there are other airlines available too if you don't want Delta. Our first class flights to LGA were only 18,500 points each. 60,000 points is enough for both. Don't cave and spend cash that is better to have to spend on board and for excursions if you can help it!

While your advise is helpful not everyone will run to just open a credit card for air miles and ding your credit report.

If you are not worried about your air status book a round trip and throw the ticket back away, the roundtrip tickets I looked at are way cheaper than the one ways

I agree, sailing out of NYC was amazing for us. I’m from Sydney, sailing out of the harbour is pretty special. I want to sail out as many iconic cities as I can! I’m certainly having fun planning it ;)

Looking forward to sailing out of NYC again. Sipping a cocktail, Manhattan one side and NJ the other. Perfect.

Oh that is so nice to hear!! Yes, sailing down the Hudson out of NYC is amazing, the one time I did it was in December so it was almost dark and the lights etc was magical. Having been born and raised on the NJ side I love sailing from NYC

Decided to keep my DCL Transatlantic for now (and NCL Epic afterward) even though the pricing on this one is better. I have three kids though and I have a feeling there will be very few kids on this one (great for those needing some kid free vacation time!) Hope everyone has a great cruise!

Decided to keep my DCL Transatlantic for now (and NCL Epic afterward) even though the pricing on this one is better. I have three kids though and I have a feeling there will be very few kids on this one (great for those needing some kid free vacation time!) Hope everyone has a great cruise!

Thanks!! You as well

Online travel site now showing port call May 7 to be 10am to 7pm at Cadiz.

Thanks for letting us know, I've checked the other ports as well and all are showing the Jade on the correct dates, except for one port... NYC. Have to wait and see, maybe it'll be posted later.

Hi Kids!

Thanks to the post on the main page, I've just booked this trip.

I snagged an aft penthouse for about the same price I paid for a seven day..... nice and thanks to the OP.

From L.A originally, but living in Costa Rica for the last nine years.

My friend Sara will be joining me.

Let the planning begin!

Laurie:cool::cool:

Hi Kids!

Thanks to the post on the main page' date=' I've just booked this trip.

I snagged an aft penthouse for about the same price I paid for a seven day..... nice and thanks to the OP.

From L.A originally, but living in Costa Rica for the last nine years.

My friend Sara will be joining me.

Let the planning begin!

Laurie:cool::cool:[/quote']

Welcome, nice that you've joined the cruise. Here's the link to Roll Call for the cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2651538&page=4

Jade April 12 - 22, 2019 sailing is cancelled.

So now there is a blank slate April 12 - 28, I wonder what's going on ?

Wow... I wonder too :eek:

Wonder if they'll reorganize the whole thing. Hope they don't cancel our TA cruise, that would be very disappointing but I know it can happen. Fingers crossed. (yn)

Using cruisett.com still not seeing Jade in any of the listed price on the TA. Is there a better site for such info?

I'm assuming we will be ok as she is scheduled to leave Rome on 05/12 for Greek Isles, she has to cross the Atlantic to get there

Using cruisett.com still not seeing Jade in any of the listed price on the TA. Is there a better site for such info?

I'm honesty not sure they're better but I also check

Shipcharters.com and Landryking.com

I really don't think any of them have a complete list of charter cruises but for our purposes at least they give us some indication of what's happening with the chartered cruises.

HTH

Connie

I found the sailing on a travel site (not allowed to post on the forum). NY to Rome - Apr 28-May 12.

Prices:

Inside: $785

OV: $882

Balcony: $1027

Suite: $1270

I found the sailing on a travel site (not allowed to post on the forum). NY to Rome - Apr 28-May 12.

Prices:

Inside: $785

OV: $882

Balcony: $1027

Suite: $1270

Yes, I've been able to find and confirm that the TA cruise is valid and have also found all of the ports of call confirmed, however, the prior cruise April 22nd has not been confirmed and can not be validated.

I use cruise timetables to confirm the ta cruise and all ports are valid too... so far.