Platinum Boarding Question

rhinomike

They can board as soon as they start boarding. Hopefully they do not have a wedding party because they board before you.If you mean check in time you can go at any time also

You need to pick a boarding time, but you may disregard that and enter the port at a time of your choosing. Seems contradictory, but it works. Enjoy your cruise.
No, you pick a check in time... Also, i always pick the latest time so I keep the earlier time slots available for those who are not P/D/FTTF.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

No, you pick a check in time... Also, i always pick the latest time so I keep the earlier time slots available for those who are not P/D/FTTF.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

You should pick the check in time that closest matches when you expect to arrive as to allow staggered to check in to work as it's designed. If you are D/P/FTTF by you choosing the later time doesn't mean it will be available to those that aren't. I have tested out this theory on my own cruises. I changed mine to a later time to free it up for my mom who didn't have FTTF and it still wasn't available to her. I believe they changed the way the time slots are allocated awhile after they started the staggered check in process because many people had the same mindset as you and the early times were getting overwhelmed crowding the terminals.

At Port Canaveral, my wife and I were an hour late getting to the ship because our shuttle (Cocoa Beach Shuttle) didn't show up at our hotel as scheduled. After checking in at the Platinum/Diamond counter, we proceeded to the gate where an elderly man yelled "whoa...where are you two going?" I told him that we were Platinum to which he replied "we boarded you people an hour ago. Wait in line like the rest!" Very rude person! Instead of being onboard at 11:45, it was just after 1pm when we stepped into the Sunshine. All because of our late shuttle.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

At Port Canaveral, my wife and I were an hour late getting to the ship because our shuttle (Cocoa Beach Shuttle) didn't show up at our hotel as scheduled. After checking in at the Platinum/Diamond counter, we proceeded to the gate where an elderly man yelled "whoa...where are you two going?" I told him that we were Platinum to which he replied "we boarded you people an hour ago. Wait in line like the rest!" Very rude person! Instead of being onboard at 11:45, it was just after 1pm when we stepped into the Sunshine. All because of our late shuttle.

Never accept that kind of answer when you know the truth. Simply ask to speak to a supervisor and they will take care of you. It seems that Carnival is such a large corporation that they can't keep up with training new employees on their own policies. It happened to me a few weeks ago on the Dream when the representative at guest services informed me that the Diamond/Platinum party is only for Diamonds.

Also, it is very important to let the folks at Carnival know when you get back about what happened, that way they can retrain people.

Good luck!

That stinks. No chance I would have let that go. That guy needed some reedumacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same thing happened to us last year. Tried to explain to the carnival rep that we are platinum and he insisted we had to wait in the line with everybody else. I showed two other reps my boarding pass that clearly states that we are platinum but to no avail. After waiting in line for about 15 minutes I finally got another Carnival rep to listen and he agreed we didn't have to wait. He asked me to show him the guy that made us wait and I was happy to do so. He apologized and said he didn't know. Talk about lack of training.

No way I would have let that slide! Platinum and Diamond get priority boarding, no wait no line.

me neither, he was wrong and rude. We are Platinum and generally arrive around noon and walk right on the ship. On the Conquest in April we barely stopped walking, only to scan our passports.

Never accept that kind of answer when you know the truth. Simply ask to speak to a supervisor and they will take care of you. It seems that Carnival is such a large corporation that they can't keep up with training new employees on their own policies. It happened to me a few weeks ago on the Dream when the representative at guest services informed me that the Diamond/Platinum party is only for Diamonds.

Also, it is very important to let the folks at Carnival know when you get back about what happened, that way they can retrain people.

Good luck!

No one who works in the terminal is a Carnival employee. They change uniforms to work whichever ship is there, They can't keep track of who is what.

Do platinum members have an assigned boarding time or can they board whenever they choose?

If you show up before embarkation begins, you'll board in this order, weddings first, diamonds next, then Platinums, then everyone else boards according to their times! So you'll usually be in he first 100 to board the ship!:D

My husband and I have both been Platinum for years. We will be traveling on the Pride out of Baltimore in September with our adult son and his friend. My son, unfortunately is ONE day away from being Platinum after this cruise 😝, so close!! When we arrive at the port, is there any chance they can board with us as Platinum members? I know it is doubtful, but worth asking.

My husband and I have both been Platinum for years. We will be traveling on the Pride out of Baltimore in September with our adult son and his friend. My son, unfortunately is ONE day away from being Platinum after this cruise [emoji13], so close!! When we arrive at the port, is there any chance they can board with us as Platinum members? I know it is doubtful, but worth asking.

Probably not but you can wait and board with them.

My husband and I have both been Platinum for years. We will be traveling on the Pride out of Baltimore in September with our adult son and his friend. My son, unfortunately is ONE day away from being Platinum after this cruise [emoji13], so close!! When we arrive at the port, is there any chance they can board with us as Platinum members? I know it is doubtful, but worth asking.

How old is your adult son? Technically if both in room are under 25 they must check in with parent or guardian.

My older is under 21 and his brother is a teen and before they were platinum but I was, they checked in with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How old is your adult son? Technically if both in room are under 25 they must check in with parent or guardian.

My older is under 21 and his brother is a teen and before they were platinum but I was, they checked in with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually if they are both 21 or over they can cruise by themselves and don’t need anyone 25 or over. It’s only when one person is under 21 that they need to be linked to at least a 25 year old.

If you show up before embarkation begins, you'll board in this order, weddings first, diamonds next, then Platinums, then everyone else boards according to their times! So you'll usually be in he first 100 to board the ship!:D

Don't forget the FTTF people who should board after the Plat's, but there are always some that are too good to wait their turn.

My son is 24. I guess I will just inquire when we arrive at the port. I have never cruised out of Baltimore so not familiar with boarding routine there. Fortunately we will still have phone service so we will probably drop off the bags in the room and catch up when they board. Can't wait!!!! :D