What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I noticed there was only one suite left so called Norwegian (a nightmare to get through and then took 2 hours once I got through) but booked the last suite and went from a B3 balcony room to a SC 2-bedroom family suite for an additional $2,000.  That is less than I bid through the bidding process and it is a for sure!  Super happy I took the advice I read on this site vs. just pressing my luck.  Thank you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DixieChickEmily said:

I noticed there was only one suite left so called Norwegian (a nightmare to get through and then took 2 hours once I got through) but booked the last suite and went from a B3 balcony room to a SC 2-bedroom family suite for an additional $2,000.  That is less than I bid through the bidding process and it is a for sure!  Super happy I took the advice I read on this site vs. just pressing my luck.  Thank you.

Congrats! :)

So basically you just called and made them a verbal offer? Did you have to haggle back and forth with a price?

Was the $2000 per person?

Thanks for any additional info as I didn't realize this was even an option. 

Edited by Chesneygirl

I called and said I wanted to upgrade to a suite.  They told me only one was available but they couldn't do that for me directly.  My travel agent who I booked through had to call.  It was $2,000 total to switch.  The only thing she had to haggle over was a $500 penalty charge.  She talked to a supervisor and they waived it.  It wasn't an easy process but I'm super happy now.

So I'm paying less than my mid for the exact room I wanted, but it's a for sure deal.  First check to see what rooms are still available.  One reason we had issues is there was only one open.  When I was looking at it, it seemed to be holding it for me for 30-40 minutes because it "disappeared" for my travel agent and if I tried to go back in and find it.

• Like 2

I didn't make any kind of offer.  Look up the rooms available (prices seem to have dropped about 30 days prior to the cruise date) and you pay the difference between that price and what you originally paid.  When you call you just asked to upgrade to a different room and they will tell you the cost.  The only thing my travel agent negotiated was the $500 penalty charge, which was waived after talking to a supervisor.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 2:39 PM, drvmywifecrzy said:

Just got rejections for Breakaway for Sunday

H3 - $1530

H4 - $1000

H5 - $1020

H6 - $930

H7 - $1280

Surprised none of your bids were accepted...the ship 🚢 must have been full.

1 hour ago, DixieChickEmily said:

I didn't make any kind of offer.  Look up the rooms available (prices seem to have dropped about 30 days prior to the cruise date) and you pay the difference between that price and what you originally paid.  When you call you just asked to upgrade to a different room and they will tell you the cost.  The only thing my travel agent negotiated was the $500 penalty charge, which was waived after talking to a supervisor.

Or your TA just ate.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 11:44 PM, Tammyd549 said:

All the H9 for Escape July 7 sailing suddenly disappeared, there was at least 8 yesterday. Fingers crossed for my upgrade 🤞

I just checked & H9 16104 + 16102 are listed as available.  I don’t understand how NCL determine which bids to accept except for profit motivated.  It seems my H5  bid was accepted because they accepted someone else’s bid for a H4/H3 & NCL allowed me to maybe take vacated H5 original spot (although there is still 9 H5 listed as available).  Strangely my original mini suite stateroom isn’t listed as available.  I think when I was upgraded they upgraded someone into my original mini suite.  

27 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I just checked & H9 16104 + 16102 are listed as available.  I don’t understand how NCL determine which bids to accept except for profit motivated.  It seems my H5  bid was accepted because they accepted someone else’s bid for a H4/H3 & NCL allowed me to maybe take vacated H5 original spot (although there is still 9 H5 listed as available).  Strangely my original mini suite stateroom isn’t listed as available.  I think when I was upgraded they upgraded someone into my original mini suite.  

Yes there seems no rhime or reason to it. 

10 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

It is not NCL it is a 3rd party company that does all the upgrades.

Is there an easy way to see what suites are available on your particular cruise or do you have to do a mock booking?  I did put in my offers but most likely won’t hear anything until closer to our sailing date (Joy August 17th).

12 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

It's not strange at all that your mini-suite was never visibly relisted. This is how the upgrade processing works. Every upgrade really sets off a chain of upgrades below it. Which is why all of the upgrade processing usually happens around the same time for everyone. Upgrading someone to an H3/H4 freed up the H5 you upgraded into, which freed up your mini-suite, which someone upgraded into from a balcony, which freed up the balcony for someone in an OC or an inside room..... That's exactly how the process is supposed to work. And as for NCL determining bids based on profits, of course that is EXACTLY what they do. Why would they do anything differently?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wkgriff said:

Is there an easy way to see what suites are available on your particular cruise or do you have to do a mock booking?  I did put in my offers but most likely won’t hear anything until closer to our sailing date (Joy August 17th).

Yes I did a mock booking to see what staterooms were still available.  I believe a few rooms disappear because some cruisers book late to take advantage of price reductions.

56 minutes ago, threetocruise said:

Just heard this morning that my bid for a Courtyard Penthouse was accepted - we sail on the 14th on the Escape. We are so excited. 

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾 

Can you share your accepted bid amount?

1 hour ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾 

Can you share your accepted bid amount?

$800 (x 2).  🙂  We bid that on the Courtyard, Aft and Forward Penthouses as well.  Knew those were probably not going to happen but we are thrilled with the Courtyard. 

Edited by threetocruise

8 minutes ago, threetocruise said:

$800 (x 2).  🙂  We bid that on the Courtyard, Aft and Forward Penthouses as well.  Knew those were probably not going to happen but we are thrilled with the Courtyard. 

Congrats! Which balcony category were you upgraded from? 

1 minute ago, threetocruise said:

$800.  🙂

Wow...that was a better deal than my $1000/pp H5 accepted bid😳 😣 

This will be my first Haven experience & I plan to surprise my daughter for her birthday.  I was afraid if I bid less there was no guarantee my bid would be accepted.  I had a midship mini suite last year (2018) Mother’s Day on the Escape which was nice with the large bathroom shower.  I wanted a different experience this year since we are taking the same ship & I can’t wait to see my daughter reaction!!!

Enjoy your cruise...I know we will😎

22 minutes ago, threetocruise said:

I was afraid to bid on Aft & Forward Penthouses (even though the suites were larger& looked better) because they were located in the back or front of the ship.  With my luck I probably would have been accepted for one of those suites since I really wanted H5, H4 or H3!  Also I did ‘t want to get offered a suite on deck 9 or 10...I wanted to be in the Haven section of the ship to see if I like it.  I also bid on H4 2 bedroom & H3 Owner’s Suite but had no luck.  Still thankful for the H5 Courtyard!!!

30 minutes ago, julzie245 said:

I probably overpaid but got upgraded from BX -> H4 for the 7/14 Escape sailing $1620 (x 2)... only H4s and H6s were available to fit 4 people (according to mock bookings).

I’m assuming BX is a balcony stateroom so an upgrade to H4 for $3240 total (average $810/pp increase for 4 people) sounds good 👌 to me.

1 minute ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I’m assuming BX is a balcony stateroom so an upgrade to H4 for $3240 total (average $810/pp increase for 4 people) sounds good 👌 to me.

Yes BX was guaranteed balcony.  Your math is making me feel better 😀, and still saved about $2K if I have booked the H6 directly, so still very happy  

22 hours ago, DixieChickEmily said:

Why was there a penalty charge???  In the past you could just do the same thing,  call and pay for an upgrade?    No penalty involved. 

4 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Wow...that was a better deal than my $1000/pp H5 accepted bid😳 😣 

This will be my first Haven experience & I plan to surprise my daughter for her birthday.  I was afraid if I bid less there was no guarantee my bid would be accepted.  I had a midship mini suite last year (2018) Mother’s Day on the Escape which was nice with the large bathroom shower.  I wanted a different experience this year since we are taking the same ship & I can’t wait to see my daughter reaction!!!

Enjoy your cruise...I know we will😎

The total cost has to be known to know if anyone got a "better deal".    It's readily dismissed by a lot of people.   But the "bid" really tells nothing,  for comparing.