What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

I got a bid invitation yesterday, but we aren't sailing until Sept 15 !  ( Epic out of Barcelona).

The notice didn't say how long the bidding was open. so does that mean I can bid anytime between now and around the 12th ?

No necessarily, but possibly.  No guarantee that the bidding will stay open til Sept. 12th so if you want to bid, do it sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

Rejected. Booked jade 1x and got allocated  1E immediately. Price drop at 90 days got a refund. Bid 530 aus$ for balcony (range was 105-645)and friends won it at 40 days to B1 aft so I upped ours to max  then $190 for oceanview missed out on both -found out 8pm local Rome time -we sail tomorrow. 

Exactly 80 days from sailing - received the "Lets Get You Upgraded" email and website banner invitation.

3 categories of suites to bid on one is sold out and has been for quite some time.

Time to put the feet up on the ottoman have a drink and ponder just how all this is going to fare out.

The bidding meters are not slanted user friendly - almost at the point if I want to move up to next level

of a suite - I should simply should buy it. Upgrading by bidding is paying too much.

My previous experience has been better.

We are sailing on the 6/30 Breakaway. We received our offer to bid immediately after booking, which happened to be about 80 days out. Having booked an OX, I bid on both the spa and standard versions of B and M. Roughly mid-fair on all.

i tracked the pricing of that sailing pretty regularly, and read these forums pretty often as this is our first time with NCL (and only second time cruising). I understood that normally, prices for a sailing rise and fall depending on several factors. This one never fell, but ballooned to be very nearly double what we paid toward the end of its availability.  Because of that I increased some of my bids to where they ended up being mostly upper-fair.

2pm came and went in the Friday before without hearing anything. At 3pm I lost patience and checked the links to my upgrade page. 3 were “expired” and one was still hung up on “pending”.  At about 4 that changed to “processing”.

And at 515 I received 4 rejections from NCL. Upon checking the bid page, that M upgrade at 205pp shows “pending” again, but I think that’s on the 3rd party side. Far as NCL goes I’m certain it’s a “no thanks”.

Looking forward to a great week!