What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 6/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, gwade said:

Lots of pages to read through, haven't found the answer just yet. 

Has anyone already had a Haven cabin (e.g. - HA Haven family villa on Joy) and received, bid and / or won an upgrade to the 2BR family suite or the owners suite? Curious whether that happens and if so around what costs.

Joy only has two DOS vs say Escape with 8 DOS and OS so from memory I only recall one upgrade reported to a DOS on this thread on a ship newer than Escape.

ETA:  There are some reports of upgrade to H4 though.  Check NCL for how many rooms are available.

Edited by dexddd

Don't know if anyone has had this issue, but we are booked with CAS so we cannot just pay for an upgrade (or we could but it is $850 per person from inside to balcony - too high for me on this itinerary) on the Epic.  Ship appears to be nearly sold out for our sailing but I am concerned about some BF category cabins above Bliss lounge that have activities until 2:00 am on a very port intensive Med cruise.  So I only bid on mini suites, spa balconies, etc. (mid point of good range).  I would rather be in quiet inside than loud balcony and those cabins would be a possibility right? Even though they are showing sold out now? Do I have any chance at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I just got an email regarding my June 30th cruise.  It says that due to a change in my reservation my upgrade bids were canceled.  I checked my reservation and it still says OV with no room assignment.  Any idea why I was canceled even though no changes were made.  I did add the $25.00 insurance yesterday?

We just had the same exact thing happen to us for the second time in a week.

The first time made sense because we had changed our room assignment.

However, this morning our new bids got cancelled again "because of a change in our reservation".

For some reason all our dining reservations, pre-paid shows (like Supper Club and Wine Lovers) were cancelled and the value was credited back to our TA!

I called them this morning and at least resolved those cancellations, but now we needed to go back in to place new upgrade bids.

3 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

This thread is so long it is hard to find useful information

Yeah really! I wish Cruise Critic had a "Wiki" function where anyone could edit information in a post on the first page. I've seen this on some other forums and it's super useful when you have a bunch of people contributing different data points.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

I just got an email regarding my June 30th cruise.  It says that due to a change in my reservation my upgrade bids were canceled.  I checked my reservation and it still says OV with no room assignment.  Any idea why I was canceled even though no changes were made.  I did add the $25.00 insurance yesterday?

Just because you don't see the change does not mean a change did not occur.  Simply resubmit your bids.

30 minutes ago, cksv said:

Yeah really! I wish Cruise Critic had a "Wiki" function where anyone could edit information in a post on the first page. I've seen this on some other forums and it's super useful when you have a bunch of people contributing different data points.

As a long time forum admin, I can only imagine the confusion, dis-information, and abuse that would happen if anyone could edit any post.  Very bad idea.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, gwade said:

Lots of pages to read through, haven't found the answer just yet. 

Has anyone already had a Haven cabin (e.g. - HA Haven family villa on Joy) and received, bid and / or won an upgrade to the 2BR family suite or the owners suite? Curious whether that happens and if so around what costs.

Definitely CAN be upgraded or buy outright from H6 to DOS on the Joy!  Son and wife did it for May 18 cruise on Joy.

She bid on it but noticed that her bid was higher than the lowered price so she cancelled her bid and called and booked at the lowered price.  Watch continually, because if it doesn't sell, they keep lowering the price. It was wonderful!!!  They got it for $7,000.00 less than original price.

I'm booked on the June 23rd Escape to Bermuda and I just looked at my bids, the site is showing my H5 bid as processing, and my other haven bid is showing expired. So I'm crossing my fingers that I got into the Haven, I have not been notified, and my credit card has not been charged yet. But I like that my other bid expired. Once I'm confirmed I will reveal my bids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, scubareview said:

I'm booked on the June 23rd Escape to Bermuda and I just looked at my bids, the site is showing my H5 bid as processing, and my other haven bid is showing expired. So I'm crossing my fingers that I got into the Haven, I have not been notified, and my credit card has not been charged yet. But I like that my other bid expired. Once I'm confirmed I will reveal my bids. 

Good luck. 🤞 let us know once you have it confirmed which should be soon 🙂 

1 hour ago, scubareview said:

My most recent winning bid last month I was in that status for at least 3 hours, good luck and great cruising 

The rejection emails go out no earlier than 50 hours prior to sailing normal seems to be around 2 or 3 ish’. Eastern standard time

in my experience of monitoring this and the previous thread closely now for almost two years and winning all four of my bids, I have never seen anyone post that the received their upgrade after 5pm eastern standard time, remember though upgrade advantage is not run by ncl it’s a third party site doing whatever ncl contracts them to do

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CdnCruiseFan said:

Anyone know how late in the evening they’re awarding bids and emails are going out? Thanks

Did you check your reservation to see if your cabin # had been changed?

4 hours ago, scubareview said:

You have been

On 6/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, scubareview said:

Curious if you got your upgrade and are willing to share your bid?  Hope you did...

I'm on a June 30th cruise and have been monitoring one of the sites that gives available cabins.  I currently have a GTY OV, but it says all OV are booked.  I still have no room assignment.  I am unsure how to bid?  If all OV have been assigned will I already be in a balcony?  Should I still bid on one?

12 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I'm on a June 30th cruise and have been monitoring one of the sites that gives available cabins.  I currently have a GTY OV, but it says all OV are booked.  I still have no room assignment.  I am unsure how to bid?  If all OV have been assigned will I already be in a balcony?  Should I still bid on one?

You should probably still bid on a balcony. If you are in a GTY OV and OV appears sold out, you may still end up in one because someone who is currently in an OV could be upgraded and therefor vacate an OV.

This is my first time using the bidding option. I'm booked on the Escape 9/1. We booked inside cabins (and we're fine with that). One of the reasons we did inside is we just want to be on the cruise, the room is an afterthought...that being said, we bid on a balcony and a spa balcony (I didn't bother with an ocean view...should I???)

I bid pretty low ($75 for balcony and &125 for spa balcony), has anyone been successful with a low bid for either of those?? Right now the insides are sold out with the exception of sailaway and GTY IF. 

TIA

8 hours ago, nhquilter1 said:

This is my first time using the bidding option. I'm booked on the Escape 9/1. We booked inside cabins (and we're fine with that). One of the reasons we did inside is we just want to be on the cruise, the room is an afterthought...that being said, we bid on a balcony and a spa balcony (I didn't bother with an ocean view...should I???)

I bid pretty low ($75 for balcony and &125 for spa balcony), has anyone been successful with a low bid for either of those?? Right now the insides are sold out with the exception of sailaway and GTY IF. 

TIA

Good chance you will get one

On 6/12/2019 at 8:13 PM, deweytrader said:

Curious if you got your upgrade and are willing to share your bid?  Hope you did...

I did not get the upgrade yet, I must have caught them in their upgrade process when I looked at my bids, because several haven cabins disappeared on that day. When I looked back at my bids, they were back in the pending status again. I'm thinking if I do get upgraded it will not be until the last moment, 48 hrs before the cruise. 

My upgrade offer was approved today for Sunday June 16th, 2019 Epic Cruise from Barcelona. We originally booked Inside Cabin FWD 9030 and got an AFT Balcony 13289. Below is a chart of what was offered, my bids and the winning bid highlighted in Red ($265.00 CAD pp).

1247181228_ScreenShot2019-06-14at11_40_03PM.thumb.jpg.86f06a91ed80f6ebd90faddf9bf1a412.jpg

• Like 5