What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

8 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

Has anyone heard about bids for June 30th?  I've put in three.  I booked an inside cabin instead of my usual Solo cabin, so I could bid on upgrades because I thought it would be fun.  It is stressful 🙂 I check everyday.  Still can't figure out how to tell how many cabins available with a balcony.  I found the site mentioned in November but have not been able to navigate to the part where it shows rooms.  

You are highly unlikely to hear anything anytime soon with your sailing over a month out still. Usually bids aren't going to be accepted until about 3-7 days out from sailing. You should keep an eye on prices though. If the prices drop on the categories you are interested in, you could call to upgrade directly.

As for the site mentioned back in November, you have to do a "mock booking" for your sailing and click into all the room categories to see the list of available rooms remaining.

Hi all,

i upgraded my room from internal to mini suite on tuesday day when I go to advantage upgrade email it still shows an upgrade option of ocean view or balcony. Should I be seeing upgrade for suite/Haven? Do I need a new link? Or does this mean I don’t have a change to bid now?

thanks all

1 minute ago, Kenny1080 said:

Hi all,

i upgraded my room from internal to mini suite on tuesday day when I go to advantage upgrade email it still shows an upgrade option of ocean view or balcony. Should I be seeing upgrade for suite/Haven? Do I need a new link? Or does this mean I don’t have a change to bid now?

thanks all

You should have a chance to bid on Havens now that you are in a Mini-suite, however it sounds like this week we have had several reports of people's new room categories not being reflected on the Upgrade Advantage page after they upgraded directly. In the past it had taken 24-48 hours for NCL to get the new info to PlusGrade (the company that handles bidding), but something seems to be slowing that process down this week. Hang in there. Hopefully it will get resolved in time for you to bid. You could try calling NCL and asking for technical support, but it's hard to say if the problem is on the NCL side or the PlusGrade side.

Thanks, I am very happy in the minisuite but would love to bid to see if I can get into another room for a reasonable bid. Haven is showing sold out, doesn’t that mean no bids or do they take some incase of cancellations?

Edited by Kenny1080

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You should have a chance to bid on Havens now that you are in a Mini-suite, however it sounds like this week we have had several reports of people's new room categories not being reflected on the Upgrade Advantage page after they upgraded directly. In the past it had taken 24-48 hours for NCL to get the new info to PlusGrade (the company that handles bidding), but something seems to be slowing that process down this week. Hang in there. Hopefully it will get resolved in time for you to bid. You could try calling NCL and asking for technical support, but it's hard to say if the problem is on the NCL side or the PlusGrade side.

Can confirm this. 9 days out from my 02 June sailing on Breakaway and had NCL upgrade me from interior to oceanview since the price for OV was $120 less than the interior was when I booked. The upgrade site is still showing that I'm in an interior and I was changed on Tuesday, so it's been longer than 48 hrs. I put only balcony and spa balcony bids in, and not looking to bid on anything higher, just hoping my poor bid will look more solid maybe. 

Just received my confirmation that our upgrade bids were not accepted for this Sunday on the Escape.  We have a mini suite with large balcony (which we do love the balcony, bathroom and location).  Placed bid in upper fair around $1310 to $1455 for Haven Aft and Haven two bedroom (I lowered it this week) and also a poor bid of $1570 for the Owners Suite.   I am not surprised as there were not many Haven cabins left for the past couple of weeks.      So we still have a great cabin and now an extra roughly $3000 and we are spending the next week with our two college age children who just came home last weekend from college so we are good!

Leave Sunday on the Bliss - we’re in a Haven spa suite. Bid $1500 pp on a 2-bedroom and $2000 pp on DOS. Both were the max “strong” bid. Both rejected. Not surprised, as the ship has been pretty much sold out for weeks. Oh well - we’re thrilled with the suite we have!

Edited by ohhbother

2 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Well you will still have a fantastic cruise no doubt! Care to share any of your bids? 😉

We have a mini suite and bidding started at $500 for all except H6 was $800.

H6 - 850

H9 - 830

H7/H5 - 850

We were in the fair range for H5, H9, and H7

Edited by amindu

6/2/19 sailing on the Bliss. Just got notified that our $300/pp bid to upgrade from a midship balcony (BA) on deck 8 to a spa balcony (B9) on deck 15 was accepted! Since we were getting spa passes anyways, we're pretty excited to have improved our location for what amounts to only $50/pp. 😄

(We also put in a $350/pp bid on a spa mini-suite.)

1 hour ago, amindu said:

We have a mini suite and bidding started at $500 for all except H6 was $800.

H6 - 850

H9 - 830

H7/H5 - 850

We were in the fair range for H5, H9, and H7

Interesting.  We are on the same sailing and our minimums started out at $1000 per person and we booked a mini suite with large balcony. 

41 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Interesting.  We are on the same sailing and our minimums started out at $1000 per person and we booked a mini suite with large balcony. 

That is interesting wonder if we overpaid then for our room lol.

Just got the opportunity to bid for our August cruise on the Bliss. I am hoping to go from an inside room to a balcony.  I only put in a bid for $500. Don’t see much of a chance, but you never know.

question though..l I already purchased a thermal spa pass for both of us...should I bid on a spa balcony room? Will I get reimbursed for the purchase of the passes I already made.

Edited by Joeghartman

14 hours ago, mamamusings said:

6/2/19 sailing on the Bliss. Just got notified that our $300/pp bid to upgrade from a midship balcony (BA) on deck 8 to a spa balcony (B9) on deck 15 was accepted! Since we were getting spa passes anyways, we're pretty excited to have improved our location for what amounts to only $50/pp. 😄

(We also put in a $350/pp bid on a spa mini-suite.)

We’re also on 6/2 sailing & We received our Spa Balcony upgrade from midship balcony yesterday too!!!! We bid 325 pp.  I had it at 300 but increased to 325 this past week.  We had also bid 325 pp on Spa mini suite and regular mini suite.  8 days till sailing!! 🤗

7 minutes ago, Putter23 said:

We’re also on 6/2 sailing & We received our Spa Balcony upgrade from midship balcony yesterday too!!!! We bid 325 pp.  I had it at 300 but increased to 325 this past week.  We had also bid 325 pp on Spa mini suite and regular mini suite.  8 days till sailing!! 🤗

Did you get a spa balcony or spa minisuite??

Not to burst anyone’s bubble but we are here to educate but you could have just bought spa passes with your existing room for $400.. Both balcony rooms are the same the spa balconies are just higher up on the ship..

Hopefully you meant mini suite.. 

43 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Did you get a spa balcony or spa minisuite??

Not to burst anyone’s bubble but we are here to educate but you could have just bought spa passes with your existing room for $400.. Both balcony rooms are the same the spa balconies are just higher up on the ship..

Hopefully you meant mini suite.. 

Spa passes for this sailing are $249/pp. The spa balconies are a better location than our midship deck 8 BA and have a few nicer amenities. Since we had already bought the spa passes—which we canceled after we got the upgrade—it was well worth it for us to spend what amounted to an extra $50/pp for the spa cabin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mamamusings said:

Spa passes for this sailing are $249/pp. The spa balconies are a better location than our midship deck 8 BA and have a few nicer amenities. Since we had already bought the spa passes—which we canceled after we got the upgrade—it was well worth it for us to spend what amounted to an extra $50/pp for the spa cabin.

That makes sense then..  And Alaska so how amazing!! Enjoy!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Just called NCL, they states that since I had upgraded, I would not get another chance to bid on an upgrade. I guess they may have changed the rules on this, can anyone confirm this with their experience?

26 minutes ago, Andrea n steven said:

What is bidding and how do you do it please?

If you booked directly through NCL or a participating travel agent, at approximately 80 days  prior to sailing, you should receive the opportunity to bid on cabin categories higher than your own. The invitation to bid generally comes as an email as well as a message in your Message Center on MY NCL.

6 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

Just got the opportunity to bid for our August cruise on the Bliss. I am hoping to go from an inside room to a balcony.  I only put in a bid for $500. Don’t see much of a chance, but you never know.

question though..l I already purchased a thermal spa pass for both of us...should I bid on a spa balcony room? Will I get reimbursed for the purchase of the passes I already made.

You will be able to cancel the spa passes you paid for if you were to win a bid into a spa cabin.

4 hours ago, Kenny1080 said:

Just called NCL, they states that since I had upgraded, I would not get another chance to bid on an upgrade. I guess they may have changed the rules on this, can anyone confirm this with their experience?

It's TRUE. I was in mid ship balcony and when prices dropped in April and I didn't want to play the wait and see if I'm upgraded game so I upgraded to an H9 Spa .... thinking I could then parley that into an H4 or owners suite etc. Wrong. I never was offered another upgrade.  If you upgrade direct, you no longer get put back into the 'upgrade game'. Too bad! Made me sad.