What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I dunno. “Touting” is a broad term. Giving someone a TA site that will help them with something pretty much falls into that category, I’m thinking. 

In any case I think most people are wary about sharing names. 

FEF629AC-0188-416B-B14C-021E7DFACC2A.png

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I can try. I don't think that would violate the rules, just don't know if it will help you find the site:

CruC

How accurate have you found this?

I have found a site but it shows more Havens then on the NCL site?  

What do you make of that

6 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

How accurate have you found this?

I have found a site but it shows more Havens then on the NCL site?  

What do you make of that

This would stress me out, I have decided what I am happy to pay and if not, well so be it , still on the same ship 😎

14 minutes ago, debgreg said:

When is the earliest anyone has found out?

Tia

On European itineraries, I have heard of people finding out 60 days before sailing. On US itineraries, I think I have heard of people finding out 30-40 days out, but that is INCREDIBLY rare. Normally people find out in the 3-7 day range.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

On European itineraries, I have heard of people finding out 60 days before sailing. On US itineraries, I think I have heard of people finding out 30-40 days out, but that is INCREDIBLY rare. Normally people find out in the 3-7 day range.

I found out on April 1st that my bid was accepted for my April 14th cruise this year on the Escape. Last July, I found out the week we were sailing, about 5 days before (also on the Escape). 

• Like 1

My four bids, all accepted I found out, 5, 4, 3 and 2 days prior on this last one.  My best deal though I had kept decreasing my amount to bid from 200 and got it for 145 mini suite from ocean view, got it 5 days out, but again supply demand is the key that's the only of my last four sailings that was not sold out, it was Escape 2017 early December sailing 

14 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I can try. I don't think that would violate the rules, just don't know if it will help you find the site:

CruC

LOL! OHHHH them!

I used to use them as my primary TA. Not anymore. Yes, the perks were absolutely great, but too much stress, never can speak with anyone directly, some one always has to call back, too many mistakes....say something do something else, invoicing was terrible. Would charge fees for change. Would list perks on invoice and when on board it would not be there, calls would be made by GS, they would just deny it.  Finally decided we did not want to deal with them anymore. Our cruising friends had the same problems with them. They now book directly with the cruise line. We now use our other TA and sometimes book direct.

Edited by Arzeena

13 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Early November on this thread had some good information on cabin inventory 

thanks, never heard  of them but the curiosity was killing me (like i dont waste enough time on here already) in the process i found another website for a may20 ncl alaska for $229 (perhaps that is the going rate on the ncl site as well, i dunno)  would love to go but i have to work.

On 5/18/2019 at 1:17 PM, JamieLogical said:

Thanks we are 42 days out now

6 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

about 2% of the time

One of mine is showing as sold out. As they have let me bid I’m presuming they are expecting people in them to also bid, I will let you know 😎

I am sailing on the Star to Greek isles on 6/23 (so just over a month out).  I am booked oceanview but have bid on balcony and mini suite.  I have been monitoring available cabins in those categories for weeks and never noticed more than 1 or 2 change each week...on Friday still 47 balconies left.  However this morning, down to 30.  Huge swing compared to activity I’ve been seeing.  Do you think it’s true sales...or assignment for guarantees...any chance it’s bids being accepted this far out (mine still show pending)??  Do they usually assign guarantees or bid first?

1 hour ago, Say811 said:

I am sailing on the Star to Greek isles on 6/23 (so just over a month out).  I am booked oceanview but have bid on balcony and mini suite.  I have been monitoring available cabins in those categories for weeks and never noticed more than 1 or 2 change each week...on Friday still 47 balconies left.  However this morning, down to 30.  Huge swing compared to activity I’ve been seeing.  Do you think it’s true sales...or assignment for guarantees...any chance it’s bids being accepted this far out (mine still show pending)??  Do they usually assign guarantees or bid first?

They will assign GTYs first, but there is a chance it is bids being accepted, because we have observed here that bids are typically processed much earlier on European itineraries than they are for North American itineraries. My suspicion is that it was GTYs being assigned, but some bids being accepted this early on your sailing is certainly possible.

6 hours ago, debgreg said:

One of mine is showing as sold out. As they have let me bid I’m presuming they are expecting people in them to also bid, I will let you know 😎

They have no reason NOT to let people bid on sold out categories, or even entirely sold out sailings. Last minute cancellations can and do happen, but, more importantly, accepting bids allows them to continue collecting valuable data about what people are willing to bid.

1 hour ago, Say811 said:

I'm in a mini-suite on this cruise and I tried to see booking availability this morning - you can no longer book online.  I have bids on several suite categories.  There were only about 3 suites available on Friday, so I'm not too hopeful of an accepted bid.  I believe they are matching and accepting bids today, as we are 4 days out.  I have had bids in the past accepted on Tuesday for a Saturday sailing so I think today is the day for our Friday sailing!  Good luck, if I move up maybe you will get my mini-suite!