What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

2 minutes ago, Kenny1080 said:

In a mini suite on the pearl, would love a 2 bedroom as have a 1 year old with us the 2 bed suite is offers over £595 each and 2 bed Haven is £790

do the upgrade prices decrease or are you referring to the website price?

When is your cruise? 

So perusing an old thread on here with same topic...some posted that they had success getting multiple bids accepted quickly after lowering bid amount by small increments.  Anyone know if changing bid amounts frequently has any effect or is this just coincidence?  I can’t stand the waiting game!!!!

5 minutes ago, Say811 said:

So perusing an old thread on here with same topic...some posted that they had success getting multiple bids accepted quickly after lowering bid amount by small increments.  Anyone know if changing bid amounts frequently has any effect or is this just coincidence?  I can’t stand the waiting game!!!!

The waiting is killing me! We’re 11 days away and I have checked multiple times for the last 69 days! 

Just now, nikechic23 said:

The waiting is killing me! We’re 11 days away and I have checked multiple times for the last 69 days! 

Ugh!  You are closer than me...we are about 25 days out.  My obsessive behavior has turned into a little daily routine now...check to see how many cabins available, check current prices, check my credit card stmt to make sure bid isn’t processing...lol.  

• Haha 1

Be careful what you wish for. Once you've been upgraded there's no going back on your next cruise. I won a bid on my last cruise the day before the cruise because of a last minute cancellation and will bid higher this time to increase my chances. Although I got the rejection email I got a call from ncl last minute. 

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

Now that I have a bid almost near the max for a spa balcony, I will be checking obsessively for the next 75 days.

You do realize a spa balcony is the same size as regular balcony, just near the spa, with spa access and some upgraded toiletries, that’s it, so check to make sure your not overbidding for that spa balcony, you can get the pass for between 200 to 250 per person for 7 days

I know easily worst room in Haven. On newer ship I heard they only put like 4. I heard even on Escape only 4 H9s cause such a downer for Haven. I went from H4s to Spa. !!! Wow!! Best part is passes. Just buy em..

Edited by huntersh2

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You do realize a spa balcony is the same size as regular balcony, just near the spa, with spa access and some upgraded toiletries, that’s it, so check to make sure your not overbidding for that spa balcony, you can get the pass for between 200 to 250 per person for 7 days

Also,  spa balconies are under the gym and the pool deck and certain ones are under the outdoor music stage.

Get a great sandwiched (by cabins) balcony and then buy the spa pass on line, is  IMHO a better option, but everyone has their own explanation as to why one is good or not.

3 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I currently have an inside room, so already purchased the thermal spa pass for the week. I calculated the cost of the pass plus $250. I ended up bidding $475 per person and will cancel the purchased passes if I receive that. If not, I also bid $250 per person on a balcony room and will keep the passes if I receive that offer.

• Like 1

So how does the call to upgrade process work?

if I see that the current online price is $800 more than I paid to book, is this definitely what they will offer me or is there a chance the phone upgrade offer will be $500 or $600?

trying to balance just waiting to see what happens with upgrade offer with spending time calculating price difference and calling when it is minimized.

thanks everyone! Just got sucked into this thread for over an hour...no regrets....

1 minute ago, PugCruiser99 said:

So how does the call to upgrade process work?

if I see that the current online price is $800 more than I paid to book, is this definitely what they will offer me or is there a chance the phone upgrade offer will be $500 or $600?

trying to balance just waiting to see what happens with upgrade offer with spending time calculating price difference and calling when it is minimized.

thanks everyone! Just got sucked into this thread for over an hour...no regrets....

They will let you upgrade for the price you see on the NCL website vs the price you paid

Is it still possible to get an upgrade to a category that shows only guarantees available?  I know there could always be cancellations but in general does this mean it’s close to being sold out?  

18 minutes ago, Say811 said:

Is it still possible to get an upgrade to a category that shows only guarantees available?  I know there could always be cancellations but in general does this mean it’s close to being sold out?  

When I called to ask questions about this and sold out, I was told some rooms are set aside for upgrade advantage. Not sure how true that is, or how many would be set aside.

5 days out from our Alaska cruise on the Jewel — it appears that there are 15 open balconies. Currently in an inside family stateroom based on us paying for an inside guarantee room (assignment was within 2 days). Any insight on balcony upgrade chances? I have read other posts from people saying that the Alaska market is saturated with rooms this summer due to the new larger ships. We got an amazing deal just a few weeks ago for this cruise, so I’m trying not to be disappointed if it doesn’t happen, but I’m hopeful! 

1 hour ago, nikechic23 said:

When I called to ask questions about this and sold out, I was told some rooms are set aside for upgrade advantage. Not sure how true that is, or how many would be set aside.

There been a lot of debate about this but from a financial standpoint for NCL it wouldn’t make sense if they could sell it to someone at full rate rather than getting only the amount you bid on it..

I believe if there at lets say 25 Haven left a week before they may pull 10 for upgrades but not all of them.. Wouldn’t make sense

7 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

There been a lot of debate about this but from a financial standpoint for NCL it wouldn’t make sense if they could sell it to someone at full rate rather than getting only the amount you bid on it..

I believe if there at lets say 25 Haven left a week before they may pull 10 for upgrades but not all of them.. Wouldn’t make sense

I agree, wouldn’t make financial sense. I’m still holding on to hope! 

Anyone have any clue why I wouldn't have gotten an invitation to bid? Today is the 80 day mark for my cruise (Aug 17 on the Joy) and nothing in my inbox. I got a free upgrade to a mini-suite from a balcony a couple of weeks ago because the prices on the mini-suite had dropped to what I'd paid for my balcony. Booked through NCL, not a travel agent, and when my CruiseNext Concierge processed the upgrade, she mentioned the upgrade would give me a better shot for bidding on concierge/haven rooms.

5 minutes ago, ssteinerman said:

Anyone have any clue why I wouldn't have gotten an invitation to bid? Today is the 80 day mark for my cruise (Aug 17 on the Joy) and nothing in my inbox. I got a free upgrade to a mini-suite from a balcony a couple of weeks ago because the prices on the mini-suite had dropped to what I'd paid for my balcony. Booked through NCL, not a travel agent, and when my CruiseNext Concierge processed the upgrade, she mentioned the upgrade would give me a better shot for bidding on concierge/haven rooms.

I booked at 55 days out but it was a couple of weeks until I got the email 

9 minutes ago, ssteinerman said:

Myself along with several other on our cruise in January didn’t receive our offers to bid until 72 days out. I was getting a little worried too but it was fine. 

1 hour ago, Stlcardsfan79 said:

Myself along with several other on our cruise in January didn’t receive our offers to bid until 72 days out. I was getting a little worried too but it was fine. 

3 days left in May + 30 days in June + 31 days I. July + 17august =81 days 

your to early, plus remember then unless you overbid, in most cases you won’t hear until within 5 days of sailing 

and ive won all four of my bids successfully, awarded 5, 4, 3 and most recent on a full full ship 50 hours before sailing 

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

3 days left in May + 30 days in June + 31 days I. July + 17august =81 days 

your to early, plus remember then unless you overbid, in most cases you won’t hear until within 5 days of sailing 

and ive won all four of my bids successfully, awarded 5, 4, 3 and most recent on a full full ship 50 hours before sailing 

Fair enough - I was going by the countdown clock on the NCL vacation page, which says 80 days out.