What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Just curious; I have a Sailaway OV booked (no perks).

I'd assumed I'd not get to bid on anything else but someone upthread said they did,

so, if true, would I be bidding on balconies with no perks, BX, or what ?

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

The total cost has to be known to know if anyone got a "better deal".    It's readily dismissed by a lot of people.   But the "bid" really tells nothing,  for comparing.  

Yes...we don’t know total cost but you can estimate or rather guesstimate. 😆

The other cost increase along with my accepted H5 bid of $1000/pp was the travel protection fee went from $62/pp to $135/pp!

10 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Why was there a penalty charge???  In the past you could just do the same thing,  call and pay for an upgrade?    No penalty involved. 

I'm not 100% sure since they talked with my travel agent.  Something about the room being cheaper now for the first two passengers but more expensive for the third person in our room.  Just had to talk with a supervisor to waive it.

I am sailing on July 15th Sun.  This was originally a cruise to Cuba but now its Key West/Bahamas itinerary.  I booked an OX (outside guarantee) and they just assigned the cabin today.  I know I take a chance with a guarantee cabin but do you all know if they will re assign the cabin closer to sailing to a better cabin?   The cabin they confirmed was an outside porthole room far forward, not the most desirable cabin but I know that's the chance you take with a guarantee assignment.  I've also put in a bid for upgrade but not holding my breath on getting upgraded to balcony.  

20 minutes ago, leawilhelm said:

I am sailing on July 15th Sun.  This was originally a cruise to Cuba but now its Key West/Bahamas itinerary.  I booked an OX (outside guarantee) and they just assigned the cabin today.  I know I take a chance with a guarantee cabin but do you all know if they will re assign the cabin closer to sailing to a better cabin?   The cabin they confirmed was an outside porthole room far forward, not the most desirable cabin but I know that's the chance you take with a guarantee assignment.  I've also put in a bid for upgrade but not holding my breath on getting upgraded to balcony.  

They will not re assign you to another cabin unless you pay to upgrade or have a winning bid. We often book guarantees and we have never had our cabin changed on NCL or any other cruise line.  We have only had one bad assignment, (not NCL) and we were able to get it changed.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:02 AM, pspercy said:

Just curious; I have a Sailaway OV booked (no perks).

I'd assumed I'd not get to bid on anything else but someone upthread said they did,

so, if true, would I be bidding on balconies with no perks, BX, or what ?

You will be eligible to bid on upgrades so long as you booked directly through NCL or a participating travel agent. If you are upgraded, you keep your original booking perks. So in your case, you would get the upgraded room, but no additional perks.

On 7/1/2019 at 5:01 PM, Ozzieru1e said:

Wow...that was a better deal than my $1000/pp H5 accepted bid😳 😣 

This will be my first Haven experience & I plan to surprise my daughter for her birthday.  I was afraid if I bid less there was no guarantee my bid would be accepted.  I had a midship mini suite last year (2018) Mother’s Day on the Escape which was nice with the large bathroom shower.  I wanted a different experience this year since we are taking the same ship & I can’t wait to see my daughter reaction!!!

Enjoy your cruise...I know we will😎

800 pp so $1600.  It will be our first Haven experience as well.  Mine was supposed to be a surprise for my husband but I obviously can't keep my yap shut, lol. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and that your daughter has an awesome birthday!

Just had my bid accepted from BX to H3 on GEM 7/12 sailing. Bid was $1320(x 2). 

There still offering H3’s for $8200.00. Total cost for me is $5046 and then I used two CruiseNexts. 

4 hours ago, threetocruise said:

800 pp so $1600.  It will be our first Haven experience as well.  Mine was supposed to be a surprise for my husband but I obviously can't keep my yap shut, lol. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and that your daughter has an awesome birthday!

Thank you...Have a wonderful cruise too!!!

It’s killing me to keep my mouth zipped🤐 but I look forward to seeing my daughter’s reaction on embarkment day...no long lines!!!

16 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You will be eligible to bid on upgrades so long as you booked directly through NCL or a participating travel agent. If you are upgraded, you keep your original booking perks. So in your case, you would get the upgraded room, but no additional perks.

That's about what I thought.

Booked an inside guarantee on the escape out of NY 8/4/19. Was given the opportunity to bid on ocean view, balcony and spa balcony. I bid 250pp on the spa and 150pp on the balcony. Both fell in the middle of the fair range. Really hoping they get accepted as they would be huge savings and I'm nervous about the inside cabins on the escape. Quick question....what happens if both offers are accepted?

22 hours ago, mjfalk said:

Just had my bid accepted from BX to H3 on GEM 7/12 sailing. Bid was $1320(x 2). 

There still offering H3’s for $8200.00. Total cost for me is $5046 and then I used two CruiseNexts. 

That is a great room.  Don't forget you'll know get unlimited in room bottled water and soda, champagne bottle, and three booze.

If $8200 for two for seven nights, that isn't too bad.

Looks like you got one on 10, even better.

Edited by dexddd

15 minutes ago, DixieChickEmily said:

How do you get in room bottled water and booze?  We have the unlimited drinks package (top one) and are in a 2-bedroom penthouse suite. 

The H3 is an Owner’s Suite. The 2-BR PH suites don’t get the extra booze and other beverages. 

Booked Star July 7-18, about two weeks prior to sail date.  (CAS booking -- discount only, not a "free" one)

Booked IF (was in guarantee status by then). Two days later was assigned ID

Option to bid appeared about a day later

Bid: $230 pp for a balcony cabin (bid was just into the "Fair" range)

Bid range for balcony was $150- $500 (I think)

Received rejection notice about 2:05 EST today, two days prior to sailing.  (Cruise has been sold out for about a week, so I guess I was just in it for any last minute cancellations)

Three passengers

All Gold Latitudes level 

Did an NCL cruise last May and also this March. Have another booked for March next year

On board spending habits: Gambling, shore excursions through NCL (usually), a few small on ship purchases (drinks, souvenirs, $10 sale, arcade, etc. -- nothing fancy)

Edited by macandlucy

Hello All,

I received the upgrade offer email. I am very happy with the mini suite booked especially with the location but I am intrigued with the suite offers on the Star. 

Do I have to bid the minimum they listed?  I wouldn't be upset the slightest if I didn't win but wanted to bid anyway. 

For example the SG Penthouse is listed from $400 PP. Do I have to bid at least $400 or can I bid lower?  I understand that the probability of upgrade will be lower. Just curious if the system won't accept it at all. I didn't try it yet. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Yankee123 said:

Hello All,

I received the upgrade offer email. I am very happy with the mini suite booked especially with the location but I am intrigued with the suite offers on the Star. 

Do I have to bid the minimum they listed?  I wouldn't be upset the slightest if I didn't win but wanted to bid anyway. 

For example the SG Penthouse is listed from $400 PP. Do I have to bid at least $400 or can I bid lower?  I understand that the probability of upgrade will be lower. Just curious if the system won't accept it at all. I didn't try it yet. 

Thank you

When you get on the website to bid you will see a slider bar with minimum and maximum prices and you move the slider up and down until you find the price you want so no you can't go below minimum bid offered because you cannot just type in any price, sorry.  Enjoy your vacation 

2 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

When you get on the website to bid you will see a slider bar with minimum and maximum prices and you move the slider up and down until you find the price you want so no you can't go below minimum bid offered because you cannot just type in any price, sorry.  Enjoy your vacation 

Thank you. This helps. 

17 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I wonder if those with 3 in a room have a better or worse chance of upgrade offer?

There’s no way of knowing and I asked the same question a long way back as we sail with our 9 and 11 year old daughters. I won my bid from inside to family ocean view on the Bliss 15 day Panama Canal cruise this past April. With that being said I will say it obviously can’t hurt you if you have more than two. It really comes down to how high you bid and cabin availability for those that can hold more than two people . 

Edited by tallnthensome