Confirmed! Prinsendam has been sold! (4 threads merged)

cRocky42

We’ve nothing useful to add.
You may not have anything useful to add but please refrain from speaking for others.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

• 2 months later...
Phœnix reisen just realized the new itinerary’s for the former prinsendam, she will go to the Black Sea and Lebanon dd229d413468e544162ed0b5b78c164c.jpg5f5c4d705a9d8a60f1aabdec362f4e8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice, she will do that well. We did the Black Sea on her a few years ago (3?) fabulous cruise and wonderful ports.

I hope all who have the pleasure to sail on her in the future enjoy her. In the meantime, we'll do our swan song on her in April & May next year with a lot of mixed feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

Orlando Ashford spent the night on the Prinsendam while in Bordeaux (Sunday/Monday) allegedly seeing what makes small ships special.

The word is that a new small ship (1,000 pax) is under consideration; it would have to be a "green" (eco-friendly) ship.

If the details come to fruition, HAL would like to announce on the last Prinsendam sailing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Forums mobile app

Orlando Ashford spent the night on the Prinsendam while in Bordeaux (Sunday/Monday) allegedly seeing what makes small ships special.

The word is that a new small ship (1,000 pax) is under consideration; it would have to be a "green" (eco-friendly) ship.

If the details come to fruition, HAL would like to announce on the last Prinsendam sailing.

That indeed would be exciting news if it happens. Thanks!

That would be great news for sure :). Thanks for sharing :D

That news makes me think that HAL is going to join Celebrity Cruises in offering "exploration type cruises" as well as Crystal and Silverseas which also are offering such options (along with other companies).

The Maasdam's current EXC type trips will be viewed as HAL's first step into this market, I think.

If so, a smart business decision, in my opinion. The market must be there or the other companies would not be spending the money that is required to build such vessels.

We are on the Maasdam now. I heard from In Depth organizers that HAL will consider small ships if the Maasdam In Depth is a success We have about 7 lecturers on board and only 1000 guests. We are learning so much. Some lecturers have worked on Linnblad or National Geographic ships.

We are on the Maasdam now. I heard from In Depth organizers that HAL will consider small ships if the Maasdam In Depth is a success We have about 7 lecturers on board and only 1000 guests. We are learning so much. Some lecturers have worked on Linnblad or National Geographic ships.

We’re also on board the Maasdam and enjoying it thoroughly. About to leave Peru for Easter Island.

We’re also on board the Maasdam and enjoying it thoroughly. About to leave Peru for Easter Island.

We cancelled that Maasdam cruise because of the flight (cost and length) home from Tahiti. We will be on the Prinsendam to the Amazon in November this year and the Eurodam RT San Diego to Hawaii and Tahiti in Mar. '19. I envy your trip to Easter Is. as that was the main reason we originally booked your cruise.

November will be our 3rd cruise on the P'dam and HAL is missing the boat by not replacing it with a 'like' ship. I wish that HAL would take the initiative to maybe do a survey of past, returning passengers on their small ships, I think that there is a significant number of us "older" cruisers who prefer the smaller size ships that go to smaller ports--maybe they're afraid that the next few generations coming up behind us have not saved as much for their retirement...We also love the idea of RT cruises to interesting places that originate and end in the US--those long flights are no longer of interest to us.

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago the Prinsendam's Capt and HD held a Q&A where they confirmed that Orlando had told them HAL is looking into the possibility of a small ship to replace the Prinsendam. They would buy a ship or buy a hull and finish it out.

Orlando seems to be good at telling people what they want to hear. We visited the Koningsdam while in port together and told an officier what Orlando had said on the Prinsendam. His reply was that Orlando also visited the Koningsdam and said that the company's future was big ship and that HAL would not build any more small ships.

The two statements are not contradictory, just a different emphasis.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 12:10 PM, kazu said:

Nice, she will do that well. We did the Black Sea on her a few years ago (3?) fabulous cruise and wonderful ports.

I hope all who have the pleasure to sail on her in the future enjoy her. In the meantime, we'll do our swan song on her in April & May next year with a lot of mixed feelings.

Hi Jacqui,  We sail on her again this Friday--28-day Amazon Explorer!  We enjoyed our time woth you last May!  Say "Hi" to you DH as well.

36 minutes ago, Rockers2 said:

Hi Jacqui,  We sail on her again this Friday--28-day Amazon Explorer!  We enjoyed our time woth you last May!  Say "Hi" to you DH as well.

I know, I did your Bon Voyage 😉. Sounds like a great cruise - one we haven't done yet.

I hope you have a fantastic time on board.  We enjoyed sailing with you last May as well.  I hope we have the pleasure again sometime. 😄