Hot Tub and Thalassotherapy jets turned off on the Breeze

I hope that no one takes my original post beyond what I intended. I have no reason to believe that Carnival is eliminating the hot tubs or the thalasso pool. My wife and I enjoyed the fully-functional thalasso pool (jets and all) the first few days of our cruise last week. Later, the thalasso pool was down for two or three days. It did reopen, but the jets were not operating. I asked when the jets would be fixed, and was told that Carnival will no longer be jetting its thalasso pools and hot tubs, and that this is effective across the whole fleet. I cannot verify that this statement is true, but it is a fact that the statement was made to me.

I did observe that for the remainder of the cruise, I saw no bubble in the hot tubs. Well, not jetted bubbles.

In Post #17, there is quoted an "official response" from John Heald. When John says that the hot tubs were fully operational, is he saying they were filled with water, or that the jets were turned on? I don't know what he is referencing as "false news."

So, what are cruisers experiencing this week and last week? Are the jets not functioning? If so, has anyone heard why?

Since no other posters experienced what you have, I would say that you were given incorrect information by the staff member. I would think many spa cabin members would be on this site complaining if it was fleet wide

Since no other posters experienced what you have, I would say that you were given incorrect information by the staff member. I would think many spa cabin members would be on this site complaining if it was fleet wide

I tend to agree with you, but I would also have anticipated those that cruised last week, or did a short cruise this week, to report in saying they had a fully-jetted Carnival ship.

And other than, apparently, John Heald, Carnival has not gotten back with me to confirm or deny.

We just got off the Breeze today and had booked a spa room because of the T-pool. We were so disappointed!! It was just luke warm and no jets. We asked about it and were mostly just ignored. Finally someone at the spa’s front desk told us that none of the jets are operational on carnival anymore. I took this just to mean the T-pool, but not positive because we never did the regular hot tubs. The extra money we spent on the spa cabin was a waste:(

Hoping someone has more information.

About midway through our cruise last week on the Breeze, the thalassotherapy pool was drained. It was opened a few days later, but the jets were not operational. I asked about this at the Spa desk, and was told that the jets have been turned off on all hot tubs and thalasso pools across the whole fleet. I tried to get more info out of them, but they would just shrug.

Anyone know anything about this? I had not heard of any issues, and was curious if this was a permanent situation.

My neighbor just boarded the Breeze this morning about 11:30. Like me, he and his wife are huge Cloud 9 Spa fans. I told him about this thread then gave him an update as the various replies were posted.

He just texted me at 3:29pm. He went to the Spa and there are no bubbles in the T-Pool. I responded with "So no more bubbles ever" and he replied "That is what they said". "They" refers to the workers at the Spa counter.

How I hope CCL gets enough grief over this to reverse this decision and turn them back on by our upcoming cruise next month.

Anyone been on Splendor and can report on the T-Pool or hot tubs? Thanks!

We are big Cloud 9 fans too and if these are not working, what is the point of having a spa cabin or access. On the Breeze in May all rooms were so hot and the T-pool was fabulous...

My neighbor just boarded the Breeze this morning about 11:30. Like me, he and his wife are huge Cloud 9 Spa fans. I told him about this thread then gave him an update as the various replies were posted.

He just texted me at 3:29pm. He went to the Spa and there are no bubbles in the T-Pool. I responded with "So no more bubbles ever" and he replied "That is what they said". "They" refers to the workers at the Spa counter.

How I hope CCL gets enough grief over this to reverse this decision and turn them back on by our upcoming cruise next month.

Oh man - that would be bad. Can't even imagine all the complaints that will come from that. As a previous poster said, Carnival advertises the jets, so that will be an issue. I'm really hoping this is a temporary issue so it will be up and going before our cruise in August. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone reported on the t-pool on Dream?

If the pools are operating as reported, I want to get my money back before the cruise. I really don't want to have to deal with this onboard,

I'm in the same situation. Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Dream in December. If the T Pool is not "working" I want to change cabin categories.

B

I am a T-pool fan and this will make a big difference to me, will definitely follow for future news. Next cruise is Cloud-9 balcony, if T-pool is not working I'd prefer to switch and take a cove balcony.

We couldn't get a spa balcony - took a cove and bought a spa pass. I'll be wanting a refund for it, definitely if the T-pool isn't operational and if what we're hearing about the hot tubs is true, I'm going to be very, very unhappy.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever - practically every cruiseship on earth has hot tubs and lots have T-pools and have for many years. There's absolutely no reason to have the facilities and not operate them. Something about this is untrue; it just has to be.

classic carnival always having problems because they can't maintain their ships.

You have cruised 3 times according to your profile, twice on Princess and once on Carnival.

That’s a pretty harsh judgement based on one cruise on one particular ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sent a facebook post to J Heald and he came back with the same response - it's false. Should be working (unless its a maintenance issue). Fingers crossed that this is the case. I really am looking forward to the T-pool.

Well, these spa pools and tubs are required to have a higher chlorine level than the other pools, have to be super-chlorinated at least every 72 hours, and drained and cleaned every week to prevent any possibility of legionella or other disease, so I disagree with you about not being able to be sanitized. Dropping the air jets was just the last preventative measure.

I assume legionella needs water to survive. If all water is chlorinated, what's the problem with air jets?

Unlike noro, legionella isn't very common on ships?

I sent a facebook post to J Heald and he came back with the same response - it's false. Should be working (unless its a maintenance issue). Fingers crossed that this is the case. I really am looking forward to the T-pool.

I am not sure what he is responding to that is false. I was on the breeze July 1-8. The T-pool was just a little warm and no jets. After asking a few different people that didn’t seem to understand that it was supposed to have jets a person behind the front desk told me that no carnival ships have functioning jets anymore (I am assuming she was regarding T-pool’s only). Is J. hearld saying it is false they aren’t working (I promise they were not), or that it is false it is all of carnival. I was very disappointed in the T-pool as this was our reason for sailing Carnival and getting a spa room. I had originally booked the same week on Royal Caribbean, but switched to a carnival spa room (our first carnival cruise) because of the T-pool. We still had a great time, but the T-pool, and the spa, was such a disappointment. Also, not sure who J. hearld is, but now I feel like I am being called a liar by someone high up at Carnival. Kind of makes for a bad feeling towards my Carnival experience that was originally overall a good one.

Edited by Nrtn

I assume legionella needs water to survive. If all water is chlorinated, what's the problem with air jets?

Not very common anywhere. And like many other illnesses, it affects the elderly and those with existing health issues mores than a healthy person. The air jets would allow it to be airborne and more easily inhaled. And yes, regular maintenance of the pool including proper and easily achieved chlorine or bromine and pH levels will prevent it. Cannot say I have ever heard of a Carnival passenger suffering from it in the 7+ years we have been cruising and following cruise forums, etc.

I sent a message to Carnival (not John Heald) and got a message back that they are checking and will get back to me. I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

Worst case scenario in our case will be we ask for a refund of our thermal suite passes after we board. They could even give it back to me on OBC, since if the T-pool isn't working it just means I'm going to have to buy a lot more drinks to get relaxed!

I think the conversation needs to be very specific. I imagine if you ask Carnival (and John Heald) if the T-pool is working, they will say "Yes", because the pool is filled and open for use. My question to them is, "Has a decision been made to stop (permanently) the use of the 'massaging jets'?"

If they have, why was that decision made, and does it affect the hot tubs also? I am glad that SRQbeachgirl (Post 47) has had some success in getting a dialogue with Carnival. I am still just getting crickets from my inquiry.

I have found a Carnival cruise to be an exceptional vacation, and in general the company and ship crew to be very helpful. But it seems when they don't want to admit something or address something, they are very, very frustrating!!

I don't know about legionaires on ships, but a bunch of people got legionaires from the fancy new hotel at Graceland. And just yesterday I heard that a friend's mother is hospitalized with pneumonia which has turned out to be legionnaire's disease. She recently stayed in a hotel in North Carolina.

It seems to be more common than I had realized.

I just received the following reply from Carnival (not John Heald):

Good Afternoon All. I do apologize for the delay but we have finally received word back and can confirm that the reports are not true. Some adjustments were made to the operation of the spa thalassotherapy pools and Jacuzzis but that was only temporary and all should be back on. It was a simple misunderstanding and all Jacuzzi's are fine; including t-pools. - Shane

I just received the following reply from Carnival (not John Heald):

Good Afternoon All. I do apologize for the delay but we have finally received word back and can confirm that the reports are not true. Some adjustments were made to the operation of the spa thalassotherapy pools and Jacuzzis but that was only temporary and all should be back on. It was a simple misunderstanding and all Jacuzzi's are fine; including t-pools. - Shane

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

There is just a slight uneasiness, though, with the answer. Although it seems obvious that he is implying this, I wish Shane would have specified that the jets have been or are scheduled to be turned back on. Am I being too paranoid?