OBC prior to sailing

robptaylor

I have quite a bit of OBC for an upcoming cruise but when I try to pay for excursions, it requires a credit card. Can you not use OBC to pay for excursions prior to sailing?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have quite a bit of OBC for an upcoming cruise but when I try to pay for excursions, it requires a credit card. Can you not use OBC to pay for excursions prior to sailing?

Yes, you can. I did it not too long ago for our upcoming cruise.

I ended up calling Princess, because there wasn't enough OBC in my bank, but DH had enough for both of us. The rep took care of it.

IIRC when you click the "buy" button, it asks how do you want to pay. There was a choice for credit card or OBC. If that choice isn't there

call Princess.

If the OBC shows in your cruise personlizer(s) under payments and credits you can use it for pre-payment of excursions. If it is T.A. gift OBC that has not been posted to your account then you can not use it. There are some additional quirks. If the OBC is under your name it can not be used for others even if you are in the same cabin with accounts linked together. If this is the case call Princess to book the excursion.

Does the OBC show as a positive balance under 'Payments and Credits' in your Cruise Personalizer?

If it does and you are still having trouble using it for excursions, I would call Princess.

But if the OBC is from your TA and not part of a Princess promotion often it will not show in your Personalizer, thus it can only be used after you board. It all depends on how your agent "pays" Princess for your perks.

Okay, I tried to book a "dummy" excursion and it would let me use OBC to pay for it but it won't let me use OBC to pay for things like flowers, gifts, or specialty dining. Is that just a restriction? Can you only use it for excursions prior to boarding? I'm certain once I am on board we can use OBC to pay for specialty dining.

Okay, I tried to book a "dummy" excursion and it would let me use OBC to pay for it but it won't let me use OBC to pay for things like flowers, gifts, or specialty dining. Is that just a restriction? Can you only use it for excursions prior to boarding? I'm certain once I am on board we can use OBC to pay for specialty dining.

Yes , that is correct.

Has anyone ever used their OBC to purchase the internet minutes online? We would like to take advantage of the extra minutes offered if you purchase prior to sailing, but using OBC doesn't show as an option.

OBC before OB can ONLY be used for excursions...

all others are prepay...now some posters have posted that they have prepaid, then once on board, cancelled and used their OBC - of course that would not work for your internet minutes...:cool:

Has anyone ever used their OBC to purchase the internet minutes online? We would like to take advantage of the extra minutes offered if you purchase prior to sailing, but using OBC doesn't show as an option.

While it's not as many "extra" minutes as purchasing in advance there is always a notice in the Patter about "extra" minutes if you purchase the first day. You could do that and use your OBC.

Thanks, I guess we will be waiting until we are on board. I was looking at it the wrong way I guess..... if it was to purchase something for use while OB then I should be able to use the OBC....silly me:rolleyes:.