2-bedroom suite with an adult staying in the second bedroom

Thinking of a 2-bedroom suite for three adults. These questions may seem strange but before I say yes I would like an idea what I am saying yes to in terms of a room. I would not mind having my own bathroom and space as the living area is a perfect gathering space. I personally do not like the thought of feeling like I am in a dark closet. Getting dressed with the door closed would not be an issue as it does not take long. And no I am not afraid of the "boogie man" just like light.

This is a question for an adult that stayed in the second bedroom. Did you feel claustrophobic in the bedroom? Is there a way to keep the door ajar if you stayed in one? If you kept the sofa bed pulled out how did you feel when you tried to dress etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The room is smaller. Depending on ship, it is just making up the sofa to sleep on vs. "pull out". The room is basically the size of the bed plus a [small] bathroom with a walkway.

Now,,, compared to the master bed room, it will look really tiny. But the room itself is comfortable.

Linda,

I've stayed in the 2nd bedroom (family suite) on the Dawn. It is a very small area but cozy. If you want some light you can leave the bedroom door open and just pull the curtain closed by the bed. This will give you some privacy and whatever light comes through the door.

I personally like a dark, quiet cave to sleep in....the 2nd bedroom with the door closed gives me that.

Hope this helps.

Kelly

The room is smaller. Depending on ship, it is just making up the sofa to sleep on vs. "pull out". The room is basically the size of the bed plus a [small] bathroom with a walkway.

Now,,, compared to the master bed room, it will look really tiny. But the room itself is comfortable.

Sounds perfect since you said I can be comfortable. I trust you. ;)

Linda,

I've stayed in the 2nd bedroom (family suite) on the Dawn. It is a very small area but cozy. If you want some light you can leave the bedroom door open and just pull the curtain closed by the bed. This will give you some privacy and whatever light comes through the door.

I personally like a dark, quiet cave to sleep in....the 2nd bedroom with the door closed gives me that.

Hope this helps.

Kelly

Thanks a great idea about the bathroom light. I can just keep it open a tad and it will help me not fall over my large feet too! Thanks for your input.

....and remember that the additional guest(s) get the Haven privileges - but not the other perks. The booking perks are for the first and second guests only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The perks are not going to be an issue - thank goodness! I do wish the third guest would not have to purchase them if they did not wish as I am only interested in the "adult beverage pkg" as with the exception of the two free Planium dinners I am leaning towards the Haven restaurant for my meals (admit to being a fan).

Would help for a better comment - What Ship ?

If the STAR or the DAWN the deck 11 forward suites match your description.

The 2nd bedroom is right next to the wall that separates the cabin from the

passageway and noise from traffic maybe a problem especially for those

near the elevator foyer. 2 of the these suites are hull balconies with priva-see

probably a little bit more attractive.

The 2nd bedroom in these Family Suites on the STAR and the DAWN are more

like being in a reduced size inside cabin although stepping out in the short

hallway opens into the Main Room - Balcony and the huge Master Bath.

As for leaving the bed open for the day (matter of what you arrange with the

cabin attendant) does inhibit the available dressing room.

I view this arrangement as being more for the kids young adults. Adult seniors

may have reserved feelings about this space - consider that in the Main Cabin

Room there is the convertible couch with Spartan sleeping comfort.

I have not stayed in these 2br family suites only the family suites with balcony

on deck 12. There is something about having that 2nd half bath with aging folks.

Price difference varies from $300 to 8 or 9 depending on cruise sailing between

these Family Suites (w/ balcony) the family suite with no balcony is the least

expensive suite around a $1000 difference. But the difference between the 2br

and the other suites is the degree of private space - the 2br is a plus - the other

suites have only the bathroom and closeted foyer for the quick change artists ! LOL !

Viewing the cabin layout illustrations provided by NCL says a lot. The YouTube

videos also amplify the choice selection.

The STAR and DAWN have quite a variety of suites to pick from - in some cases

it may be best to consider having an inside cabin adjacent to the suite for a better

workable solution - although this negates the 3rd suite guest getting suite perks.

don't-use-real-name, I wish I could give a ship but at this point, it would be guessing either the Pearl or the Bliss to Alaska.

Thanks for the info. I have only sailed in an aft-suite (loved it) on the Star with my DH and he sailed on the Dawn in a family suite with his DB.

don't-use-real-name, I wish I could give a ship but at this point, it would be guessing either the Pearl or the Bliss to Alaska.

Thanks for the info. I have only sailed in an aft-suite (loved it) on the Star with my DH and he sailed on the Dawn in a family suite with his DB.

The PEARL deck 11 suites would be similar to the STAR/DAWN - as for the BLISS new ship waiting for

reports videos pictures commentary.

The perks are not going to be an issue - thank goodness! I do wish the third guest would not have to purchase them if they did not wish as I am only interested in the "adult beverage pkg" as with the exception of the two free Planium dinners I am leaning towards the Haven restaurant for my meals (admit to being a fan).

My understanding is that if the beverage package or dining are chosen as the perk, the third person does not have to purchase it (but if you buy the beverage package , all in the same cabin have to purchase)

I did this on Dawn to Bermuda. You can use the TV as a night light when going to bed or crack the bathroom door. There was plenty of room to get dressed while the bed was open. It worked fine and you had the rest of the room for the time you weren't sleeping.

We have been in the 2 bedroom suites twice. First trip our Aunt (then 95) shared the second room with our grandson. She said it was nice but tight with the upper bunk down. The second time we had our oldest his girlfriend and our grandson in there and they were fine with it. They left the bed open for the trip as they spent all their time in the living space or out and about. Both time we were on the Dawn and not an issue.

Myself I couldn't do it, but I don't even like a larger inside. Only you can determine how much time you will be in there and if it is a fit for you.

Just off the Escape in a 2 bedroom which should be similar to the Bliss. Thew second bedroom is small but usable, the only issue is that when the couch folds out to become a full bed it is very low. You really want to ask for an egg crate to top it. My DD use it and once the egg crate was put on the bed she said it wasn't bad.

f1f1a29f75db8060701d5a90a9fb062f.png

f1eb01a182e79762dc6d760f66de7e23.png

This was the room aboard the Jade. Our sons stayed there and loved it. We used a small door wedge to keep the door ajar most of the time.

Yes, it would be a bit tight, but there IS room to dress, even with the beds in use.

It's a great space, given that it only needs to be used for sleeping, with the nice living room available.

But, seeing this reminds me of our first view of the small 2nd BR:

This would have been HEAVEN had my inside cabin looked like this back in the mid 1970's :)

It's all relative!

RM

I did this on Dawn to Bermuda. You can use the TV as a night light when going to bed or crack the bathroom door. There was plenty of room to get dressed while the bed was open. It worked fine and you had the rest of the room for the time you weren't sleeping.

Sold! Thank you.

We have been in the 2 bedroom suites twice. First trip our Aunt (then 95) shared the second room with our grandson. She said it was nice but tight with the upper bunk down. The second time we had our oldest his girlfriend and our grandson in there and they were fine with it. They left the bed open for the trip as they spent all their time in the living space or out and about. Both time we were on the Dawn and not an issue.

Myself I couldn't do it, but I don't even like a larger inside. Only you can determine how much time you will be in there and if it is a fit for you.

While I never stayed in an inside because I love sitting on the balcony, as a bedroom only I think it would work fine for me. Thanks!

I recently stayed in the second bedroom on the Gem. My big issue was storage. There were a few drawers and hangers but that closet didn't hold the suitcase well. I probably could've found somewhere else to put it. I found it fine for one adult person.