Sky Suite on Equinox

st5310

I have stayed in 2123 and 2125 on S class ships. 2121 thru 2127 are under the carpeted area of the Oceanview buffet. Same thing for the comparible cabins on the starboard side. You may occasionally hear a cart rolling in the pre dawn hours. It didn’t wake me, but if I was awake, I could hear it faintly overhead. The farther back you go, the greater the potential for noise from the buffet and the Sunset Bar.

We have stayed in S2s on both M-Class and had one on the Equinox - they do have different interiors, the S-Class being more modern. We enjoyed both equally. We had 2126 on the Equinox and could hear the rolling carts above us (Oceanview Cafe). IF I had a choice I would try and get the back of the ship (aft cabins) or as mentioned above, closer to the stairs under the carpeted section. The noise didn’t bother DH at all, but at times it woke me up (I am a super light sleeper). Saying that, we have 2133 booked for a 2020 cruise as it was the only suite left at the time. I have waitlisted myself for the back, but IF that doesn’t happen, we are fully content to stay put, as the Sky Suite is worth it to us overall, despite location.

Here are a few photos of 2126, which will give you an idea of the interior:

IMG_4023-L.jpg

IMG_4021-L.jpg

IMG_4024-L.jpg

We like the corner sky suites aft. For example, 9132 was absolutely crazily spacious on Equinox. Otherwise, the sky suites are similar to the mini suites on Princess. (We are platinum on Princess, but we don't like the direction they have taken with their new builds...and will stick with Celebrity from here on out).

The wife and I stayed in 1667 Aft S2 this past March and loved it! Great cabin, a TON of space and we never noticed any noise. The only drawback to aft cabins are everything is a longer walk, its good to get in a few extra steps but we're used to mid-ship cabins on upper decks. I put up a (amateur) video of the cabin on You Tube. We have an S2 booked on Summit for next Sept. Honestly though, unless we get a really good deal I think that Aqua Class is an overall better value (for us) and Blu is about every bit as good as Luminae.

The wife and I stayed in 1667 Aft S2 this past March and loved it! Great cabin, a TON of space and we never noticed any noise. The only drawback to aft cabins are everything is a longer walk, its good to get in a few extra steps but we're used to mid-ship cabins on upper decks. I put up a (amateur) video of the cabin on You Tube. We have an S2 booked on Summit for next Sept. Honestly though, unless we get a really good deal I think that Aqua Class is an overall better value (for us) and Blu is about every bit as good as Luminae.

The husband and I have stayed twice in Sky suites on S Class ships. We chose to be mid-shiip thinking how could we go wrong. Well we heard every cart from the buffet roll very early morning to late at night. Our next Sky Suite was a corner aft two decks below the the buffet, the husband and I couldn’t have been happier. There was no noise, beautiful view and the pole not a big issue.

The husband and I like to get exercise while onboard a cruise so a couple of hundred steps, no big deal.

Blu vs Luminae, whatever.

Edited by Oville

We did B2B Equinox June-July 2017; 1667 then 2155 (booted from 1667, someone beat us to that second sailing), both aft, but 2155 directly under Oceanview Cafe and definitely noisy with chairs scraping across the floor. 2155 also had a support bar in the closet/shelf area so a little less storage. And I agree that the S1's/corner aft are great! (That is, those below deck 12 … )

How do you like the layout of the S1 vs the S2? I've not seen an S1 corner in person, but the pictures didn't seem like the layout was better than the S2. The corner balcony has to be nice, but the layout seems a bit odd.

An S2 just seems a wider regular cabin. S1 is triangular, with an additional round window at the side. The S1 we were on was Silhouette's 1667 (deck 11!); when you walk in, the sofa is in front with the round window next to the sofa, and the bed to the left with the balcony beyond the bed. (There was a substantial support pole next to bed, but we didn't find it obtrusive.) And the corner balcony WAS nice!

We have been on the Equinox in Sky Suite 2155 3 times now and have it booked for two more cruises. Love the aft location and being on top with cover and no one to look down on us. There is sun! The noise from above (sporadically) has never bothered us. There is plenty of storage!

We have been on the Equinox in Sky Suite 2155 3 times now and have it booked for two more cruises. Love the aft location and being on top with cover and no one to look down on us. There is sun! The noise from above (sporadically) has never bothered us. There is plenty of storage!

We are staying in 2155 Equinox leaving July 28th! Glad to hear you have been happy with it and stayed multiple times!

We have stayed in S2s on both M-Class and had one on the Equinox - they do have different interiors, the S-Class being more modern. We enjoyed both equally. We had 2126 on the Equinox and could hear the rolling carts above us (Oceanview Cafe). IF I had a choice I would try and get the back of the ship (aft cabins) or as mentioned above, closer to the stairs under the carpeted section. The noise didn’t bother DH at all, but at times it woke me up (I am a super light sleeper). Saying that, we have 2133 booked for a 2020 cruise as it was the only suite left at the time. I have waitlisted myself for the back, but IF that doesn’t happen, we are fully content to stay put, as the Sky Suite is worth it to us overall, despite location.

IMG_4023-L.jpg

IMG_4021-L.jpg

IMG_4024-L.jpg

We will be sailing on the Equinox in Sept. for 11 nts. We will be in cabin 2133. It was the only one left so we grabbed it. I will post about what it was like when we get back.

• 2 months later...

IMG_4023-L.jpg

IMG_4021-L.jpg

IMG_4024-L.jpg

We just returned from a 12 day cruise on the Equinox. We were in cabin 2133. It was noisy. Carts rolling across the floor day and night. Things being dropped on the floor. Oceanview Cafe always has noises going on. Hope you will be able to change your cabin. Ellen

Considering Equinox B2B June-July 2019 in a Sky Suite S2. Sailed on Summit a few times, but never on Equinox. Any opinions on good Sky Suite S2s on this ship?

1665 and 1667 have got to be a couple of the best bargains onboard--they are Aft S2's but on deck 11 so there are cabins immediately above and below.

I'll be back in one of them this summer of 1/2 of my own b2b. While I love the corner aft S1s, the price difference makes it worth giving up the corner for one week.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck 12. Stateroom #2119, is wonderful! Stayed in there last December! TONS of storage for clothing and luggage! Go Best package and Luminae made it one of the best cruises ever! Use caution when getting in and out of the shower as the tub/shower sits a little higher than most are used to! Always use extra towels on the floor of the shower! It’s marble, so it gets slippery when wet! Murano at least once or twice is not to be missed! Silk Harvest was terrible! I’ve had much better Chinese at Panda and my local Chinese restaurant! Hope after the dry dock refurbishment it’s replaced with Qsine! Wonderful place to eat! Tuscan Grille is really good, but you’ll find better offerings at Luminae! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is fantastic! Huevos Rancheros and eggs Benedict! Michaels Club has crazy good coffee from the machine, can’t remember the name of it! Enjoy your cruise! 

6 hours ago, jobryan56 said:

Deck 12. Stateroom #2119, is wonderful! Stayed in there last December! TONS of storage for clothing and luggage! Go Best package and Luminae made it one of the best cruises ever! Use caution when getting in and out of the shower as the tub/shower sits a little higher than most are used to! Always use extra towels on the floor of the shower! It’s marble, so it gets slippery when wet! Murano at least once or twice is not to be missed! Silk Harvest was terrible! I’ve had much better Chinese at Panda and my local Chinese restaurant! Hope after the dry dock refurbishment it’s replaced with Qsine! Wonderful place to eat! Tuscan Grille is really good, but you’ll find better offerings at Luminae! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is fantastic! Huevos Rancheros and eggs Benedict! Michaels Club has crazy good coffee from the machine, can’t remember the name of it! Enjoy your cruise! 

jobryan56, Are the eggs benedict better than what's serve in cafe?  Huevos rancheros sounds good, could you tell me about it?  We will be in our first suite in December, and are really looking forward to Luminae.

Rollie

3 hours ago, rollie said:

jobryan56, Are the eggs benedict better than what's serve in cafe?  Huevos rancheros sounds good, could you tell me about it?  We will be in our first suite in December, and are really looking forward to Luminae.

Rollie

Here are some photo's of food from Luminae.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPhW1RwMnpvzxtaUEcNn6P0Kw285Wqgm4IKi-6ef53fovRTWG7q53QuTFWZVnWLfQ?key=aVdNblYtNm5NUHNpOUtmTnpvNWVOOW5rQnlnLVR3

So, along these lines - we are currently booked for 2128 and 2126 (with friends) on the Eclipse.  We can move to:  2114 & 2116 or 2148 & 2150.  

Would you all recommend we stay, or move?  And move, which is better?  And the chief consideration is noise.

Thanks!

We leave soon for Barcelona to board Eclipse on Oct 29. I booked S2 2117. We have stayed many time in the C2 cabins just forward of 2117 and everything has been quite. I like the location of 2116 because you can go right out to the pool, up the stairs to get drinks and food to bring back to your balcony. For the aft cabins my concerns are the walk to the aft of the ship and having the Oceanview bar right above you. But the views will be nice off the aft end of the ship.

Haven’t had Eggs Benedict in a Ocean Cafe! The ones in Luminae are superb as are the Huevos Rancheros! Basically corn tortilla with refried black bean purée, eggs done how you like them, whatever protein on the side, fresh made salsa, and enchilada sauce on the side! To this I would add my eggs Benedict with extra Hollandaise sauce and create a Nuevo huevos rancheros experience! Just make sure that you order the eggs Benedict soft, sometimes they’ll be hard boiled otherwise! Pairs nicely with coffee and cream and if you care to a mimosa! Enjoy!!

Edited by jobryan56
Typo

10 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We leave soon for Barcelona to board Eclipse on Oct 29. I booked S2 2117. We have stayed many time in the C2 cabins just forward of 2117 and everything has been quite. I like the location of 2116 because you can go right out to the pool, up the stairs to get drinks and food to bring back to your balcony. For the aft cabins my concerns are the walk to the aft of the ship and having the Oceanview bar right above you. But the views will be nice off the aft end of the ship.

So if we take 2114 and 2116, it's likely to be quiet?