Credit Card Change

The card I used to book my cruise was stolen therefore the CC company will issue a new card with a different number. How big a problem will it be to work with HAL in advance to switch the card for check in?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The card I used to book my cruise was stolen therefore the CC company will issue a new card with a different number. How big a problem will it be to work with HAL in advance to switch the card for check in?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No problem at all. You can do it online, get your TA to advise HAL or do so yourself if you aren't using one. You can also change cards when you check in at the port. It will only add a couple of minutes to your check in.

I would go to your online check in (if you can) or have your TA/PCC/call to do it.

My fear is that old card will no longer work and when the go to check there might be an issue. they will most likely check to make sure your card is valid before you sail I would think.

You can definitely change the card when you check in.

No problem, even after checking in. I lost mine the night before the cruise (stupid me forgot it at the restaurant) and I just let them know the new card at the front desk (as I had cancelled the old card over the phone after boarding).

If you are changing cards prior to final payment, make sure your Cruise/Travel agent or HAL (if booking direct) updates your records so the final payment is processed to your new card number. If after final payment it is really a non-issue since you can simply ask them to update your onboard account information during the embarkation process.

Hank

I had a similar issue before my July 1st Noordam cruise. I had already completed the online check-in before my credit card info was stolen and updated it on the HAL website the week before the cruise. The second morning I had a notice in our room's mailslot that there was a problem with my credit card. They still had the old credit card info on file, but it was easily fixed by a quick visit to guest services.

I had checked in on line long before the cruise. In the time between then and boarding the ship, the card company had a problem and had to issue new cards. I forgot all about it. The first day on the ship I received a note to come to Guest Services where they got the new number.