Wonderland, should I surprise my girlfriend [emoji14]

Hi[emoji3]

Sailing on the symphony at the end of the year, my gf talked me about how nice wonderland looks like but she is not sure about how much they food they serve or if is it really worth the experience overall.

We never eat at specialty restaurant since we believe there are lots of free options onboard but this is a new experience and different concept.

Any advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed it very much. Many choices of food are served and the waitstaff checks to see if there is anything you don't like to eat. My no-no's were asparagus and anything fish. Still left satisfied and enjoyed the presentations very much.

Skip

We did it because it was included with our room, but I think if I had paid for three people I would have been disappointed. That said, it is a neat concept and probably worth doing as a lot of people really enjoy it. Dessert is spectacular.

My husband and I and our three (early 20's) daughters did Wonderland on the Harmony this past June. The atmosphere is great and the servers were awesome. I agree with others-some will like the food, but unfortunately, my family didn't. Dessert was great. I liked the experience, but I would not do it again.

We're gonna do it because it looks like a fabulous experience even if it's not great food. We already booked and paid for it so by the time we leave in 90 days, it'll be a done deal! If she expressed interest and it fits in the budget, I say do it. We don't typically do a lot of paid restaurants because like you, we find the options that are included to be just fine.

We have been three times on two different ships and always enjoyed it. As for quantity of food, there is plenty! Don't order off the menu - just tell the waiter what kinds of food you like and dislike and he will bring you a sampling of all the dishes.

We dined in Wonderland on Anthem as part of our dining package. Of the venues we chose (Chops, Jamies, Izumi, Wonderland), Wonderland was our favorite. The food was excellent, service was good, and we enjoyed the unique aspect to the experience. That said, I'm not sure we would feel that we had gotten our money's worth had we paid full price. If you are in a position where you can overlook the pricetag -- it's a great night and an escape from a sometimes monotonous mdr/windjammer stretch. I say go for it!

The best way to decide is to look a the menu to know if what they offer agrees with taste. See the menu

I feel that all cruise specialty restaurants are over priced for what they are. I don't find them to be any better than a chain steak house on land and I have had better Italian food and fresh sushi at the local restaurants where I live. What does attract me to Wonderland is more of the presentation and entertainment value. It's very unique and nothing that you can find on land. For me that holds some value. My son ate there on the Anthem. They didn't order off of the menu the waiter just brought everything and if they wanted more of something they were served more. We plan on eating there to celebrate DW's 50th birthday.