Desert on X

It was a serious question about allergies, not necessarily you. I wondered if there was some chemical transformation that occurred.

Sorry. Your use of the word “you” in response to my post made me think “me.” You meant if one is allergic to raisins are they also allergic to wine. I must say I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the Crepes Ballon (sp?) Rouge in Murano prepared tableside. YUMMMMM!!! Sadly there is no more Ocean Liners/Murano on the M class ships.

I think we're on one of the older ships ourselves. If we get spoiled and like Celebrity then I'll have to take Cindy on one of the new ships. Deserts prepared tableside she'll love.

It was a serious question about allergies, not necessarily you. I wondered if there was some chemical transformation that occurred.

Well I can tell you that I'm allergic to most raw veggies. If they are cooked, I don't have a reaction. I also have allergies to certain fruits, once cooked I can eat them.

I have some crazy allergies. My sister didn't believe me about the fruits and veggies but then it started happening to her. I noticed it a few years ago while eating raw broccoli and nectarines. I thought there were pesticides or something on the nectarines that I was reacting to. I managed to get in and see an allergist and he said it's from the oak trees and the pollen from them gets onto the fruit before it's even formed.

I have been going to a Naturopath for almost a year and I have stopped eating certain foods (he did testing) and shortly after eliminating (dairy, wheat, corn, potatoes, sugar, etc.) I stopped having asthma attacks. I was so allergic to smoke that someone smoking over 10' away could cause me to have an attack. Now I can stand next to someone smoking and nothing happens. The bad news is that this diet was suppose to help with the raw veggies. I tried eating snap peas and that was a big mistake. I never expected to have the reaction I had. Normally raw fruits and veggies give me itchy eyes. The peas made my throat start to swell. I was lucky and my inhalers and benedryl worked well enough I didn't have to call 911.

No we already have airfare to Newark. We're just talking about cancelling our balcony and going with one of the cheaper suites.

How does the Aqua class restaurant compare?

How does (Blu) compare to what? Luminae? The MDR? The Specialty Restaurants? There are multitudes of threads on these very subjects, very current. Just do a search and you will have plenty of reading.

And your question is confusing - if you're going to cancel your balcony (regular, not Aqua I presume?) and go with a Suite, you will have nothing to do with Blu. Blu is for AQ, Luminae is for suites, MDR is for everything else.

And your question is confusing - if you're going to cancel your balcony (regular, not Aqua I presume?) and go with a Suite, you will have nothing to do with Blu. Blu is for AQ, Luminae is for suites, MDR is for everything else.

Suite guests--assigned dining room is Luminae--have access to Blu on a "space available" basis; advance reservations not accepted... AquaClass guests--assigned dining room is Blu--have access to the Main Dining Room on a "Select Dining" basis; typically works best--so as to minimize potential wait time--to have the Blu Maitre 'D make an advance reservation in the MDR...

As you note, only suite guests have access to Luminae... Guests occupying interior, Oceanview, standard verandah, and Concierge Class verandah staterooms [everything other than suite and AquaClass cabins] have access to the Main Dining Room...

Edited by Xport

Sorry to briefly get off the sweet track, but I was wondering if an assortment of cheese [emoji893] is ever offered as a dessert. If so, did you enjoy it? It’s not something I normally order for dessert, but it can be a nice change when one is “over sweetened.”

Sorry to briefly get off the sweet track, but I was wondering if an assortment of cheese [emoji893] is ever offered as a dessert. If so, did you enjoy it? It’s not something I normally order for dessert, but it can be a nice change when one is “over sweetened.”

There is a cheese plate offered for dessert. Sometimes I order it for an appetizer. On any ship I've ever been on its the most mild assortment of cheeses with no specific flavour or taste, served usually with dried fruit and crackers. There is always a better selection of cheese at the buffet. On other cruises, I've collected my own cheese plate and enjoyed it in the cabin with a glass of wine before dinner.

How does (Blu) compare to what? Luminae? The MDR? The Specialty Restaurants? There are multitudes of threads on these very subjects, very current. Just do a search and you will have plenty of reading.

We're in a balcony and folks have been showing me tempting picture of Luminae. It is double price compared to our balcony but still affordable. Aqua isn't much more $ so if the two restaurants are close - maybe I'm better off trying Blu instead.

When you say "self serve" ice cream I think of the soft swirly stuff out of the machine - is that what you want, or real scooped ice cream? I can't believe a ship let people scoop their own ice cream.

Celebrity has free ice cream in the buffet and gelato at Bacio (for a cost), neither of them "self serve".

When you say "self serve" ice cream I think of the soft swirly stuff out of the machine - is that what you want, or real scooped ice cream? I can't believe a ship let people scoop their own ice cream.

Celebrity has free ice cream in the buffet and gelato at Bacio (for a cost), neither of them "self serve".

Yep the soft swirly out of the machine. I wouldn't have any more problem with folks scooping their own ice cream out any more than anything else in the buffet. I saw a woman once sneeze into her hands and then grab food without the tongs from the buffet. That is part of why Cindy wants to move on and try better lines.

Yep the soft swirly out of the machine. I wouldn't have any more problem with folks scooping their own ice cream out any more than anything else in the buffet. I saw a woman once sneeze into her hands and then grab food without the tongs from the buffet. That is part of why Cindy wants to move on and try better lines.

You will see poor hygiene behavior even on Celebrity. Never understood why anybody thinks it is okay to feed yourself and lick fingers while walking around the buffet to keep filling your plate. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a cheese plate offered for dessert. Sometimes I order it for an appetizer. On any ship I've ever been on its the most mild assortment of cheeses with no specific flavour or taste, served usually with dried fruit and crackers. There is always a better selection of cheese at the buffet. On other cruises, I've collected my own cheese plate and enjoyed it in the cabin with a glass of wine before dinner.

Thanks! The buffet it will be. I prefer a more flavorful cheese than milds, so making my own plate [emoji893] and having it as an appetizer with a glass of [emoji485] sounds like a great idea.

Speaking of ice cream - we didn't have this on Carnival. Just self serve

Gelati-from-the-Gelateria-on-Celebrity-Eclipse.jpg

I would pass and go for the free ice cream in the buffet which is made onboard (except the sugar free is not) and is very good. The Gelato that you pay for is meh. Although my kids like it so the Captain's Club coupons don't go to waste!

Got news for you, dude … you will see this on "better lines" as well … some of the worst offenders we have seen in this regard were on our Oceania cruise. People engage in this unhygienic behavior no matter where they are …

Got news for you, dude … you will see this on "better lines" as well … some of the worst offenders we have seen in this regard were on our Oceania cruise. People engage in this unhygienic behavior no matter where they are …

:eek: If that's true then the folks on Crystal might be worse than the ones on Oceania!

Got news for you, dude … you will see this on "better lines" as well … some of the worst offenders we have seen in this regard were on our Oceania cruise. People engage in this unhygienic behavior no matter where they are

:eek: If that's true then the folks on Crystal might be worse than the ones on Oceania!

Um, no. That wasn't what the PP meant at all. The take away was the second sentence, not the first. Cruisers on any given line are not a homogenous lot, but individuals. You are going to find both slobs, germaphobes, and everything in between on every line. Only the proportions may differ.