Comedy Show and Kids

We're on Mariner end of August. From cruise compass recently posted, there are 2 comedy shows the first night....one at 7:30pm and one at 9:30pm. We booked specialty dinner first night at 6pm so we won't be able to make the 7:30pm show (if our cruise has same timing). When there are 2 comedy shows, are generally the same? Or is only the earlier show kid-friendly? Our kids are 9 and 13 year old.

Perfect, thanks for clarifying.

I mentioned Mariner as i know for Oasis class, you can't even book the comedy show kids (forget exact age cut off but know we couldn't in the past for our kids). :-)

Yes even on other Royal ships the Adult Comedy is later, usually 10:30 or 11pm... Earlier shows are ok, Might still have a few off color jokes that usually go over kids heads...

I will disagree slightly with this one, though prior to my Jewel cruise last May I might have agreed. They had a 5:30 and 7:30 show The compass listed the 7:30 show as adult and the comedian noted this and said, ok, that is the set I'm going to do. It was enjoyable, he was good, but I wouldn't have brought a 12 year old or less to it. (I haven't had a 12 year old in 22 years, I'm just now dealing with grandkids 3 and 5)

I guess my take it is, listen to the cruise director during his welcome a board show and his evening show and check the compass.

Thanks...if they tell us, then that's even better. Looking at posted Mariner cruise compass, it just lists "Comedy Showtime starring Royal Comedians" for both showtimes.

Its been my experience that they are very open about which shows are for adult audiences. I've seen it referred to in the compass and then when the CD introduces the comedian they make a statement about how now is the time to take your kids out if you mistakenly brought them and that you are forewarned and its on you if your kids hear something offensive.