Breakawy..Ice Bar ..Is it worth it ?

sparkey25

Is it worth it? No, not really.

Is it something you do because there is an opportunity to do it [relatively cheaply]? Sure.

Kinda like when you paid a lot of money to go to a movie,,, do you lay $6 for that cup of soda and $8 for that bag of popcorn. The soda and popcorn are not worth $14,,, but you’ll probably do it.

We did the ice bar on Epic, which I'm assuming is pretty similar? It was a fun thing to do once as a novelty, and I enjoyed the drinks. I'm glad I did it, but don't plan to do it again. I think my husband and the friends we went with feel the same way.

I've sailed on a few of the ships with the Ice Bar, and have never been inside. Paying $20 for a couple of weak drinks when I already have the UBP seems like just a waste. Also not much a fan of the cold, but I guess the novelty of it is the attraction...

Hi,

Just wondering if the ice bar is worth it ? Pros and cons

If you've never been in a walk in freezer it might be interesting. If you every go in a walk in it is definitely not worth the effort.

Hi,

Just wondering if the ice bar is worth it ? Pros and cons

okay here goes...

cons...its FREEZING

cons...you only stay in long enough to do a shot..beer..drink..etc..

cons... there is an admission fee...i think like $20

pros:

Take a pic and post on FB..get likes...lol

I did it with my wife and two boys (9 and 7). Wife and youngest liked it, but didn't last long. They did love sitting in the ice chair and drinking out of a cup made of ice. The first drink I got was too sweet for me. I talked them into pouring me just straight ice wine. Which was great. Bottom line for me: it's a fun, vivid memory. Great picture opportunity and something to tell stories to your friends about. I value experiences over things. Enjoy.

• Like 1

I guess I am in the minority, I LOVED the ice bar on Epic & would do it again. Pro tip: don't wear flip flops! I bundled up pretty well (not like parka bundled... think yoga pants, shoes with socks, and a light hoodie under the cape) & I was perfectly comfortable staying for the full time. I didn't think the drinks were particularly weak. In fact, I got more hammered than expected because several of my new friends gave me their second drink ticket when they left early! (They were all wearing flip flops!)

I decided against it initially when I found out on the Getaway you have to order the drinks they have made up. Not a big fan of sweet drinks. I would have probably gone in if you could get vodka shots. That being said, we probably will try it this fall. Have never been in an ice bar before and would like to do it one time.

Yeah, you should definitely do it, at least once. If you have friends who haven't gone in then it's worth doing again. It's not really that much for two drinks and you'll have a picture for Facebook. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe its something everyone should do once (although I did it twice). Its a cool experience (pun not intended). Its a great photo op too. Everyone should see how long they can stand it. The vodka definitely helps. I've been there and done it twice and probably would not do it again. But how could you not be curious to drink in an Ice Bar :cool:

BTW if you are a drinker you can easily drink more than 2 drinks. Tip the bartender and he does not care how long you stay. But the biggest way to score more drinks are the people that come in with their drink coupons and run out the door after the first drink. They are giving them away and I am always the taker LOL

If you are on a ship in the Baltics, skip it. Do the real ice bars in Stockholm. Ship has an excursion including a visit to one or do on your own. If it’s anything, it’s a mostly a one time thing. An experience most don’t have at home. Which is why I think most of us vacation!

We went to the Ice Bar on the Breakaway and it was fun to experience just for the novelty of it. Didnt care for the drinks (as others said too sweet) and didnt care to stay in there long enough to consume 2 of them anyway. its fun to now look at the the pics we took in there.

We did the ice bar on the Epic to celebrate a 50th birthday. 8 of us. It was a LOT of fun! Bartender was great! We all tried several drinks. They limited us to 30 mins which was plenty of time...I was ready to defrost by then lol!! I can now cross ice bar off my bucket list! It’s worth at least a one time experience IMO.