I caved...just got FTTF!

DramaQueen22

The last few cruises DH and I have taken have been from ports we could drive to. We didn't see the need to purchase FTTF as we simply selected an arrival time after 1:30. Our next cruise is on the Horizon out of Miami in September 2019. We are flying down the night before. Decided to get FTTF for this one since we could basically check out of our hotel and check in to our cruise within an hour or so.

Now if only the 430 days we have left would go faster! :D :D:D

:D:D:D

I always drive and always get it. Its worth it to me to be on first and drop my junk off. In Sept we are doing a 3 day. I think we are only going to pack one suitcase and carry it on since we can drop it off. That way we don't have to wait for it. Yes, I know with FTTF you get your suitcase first. Last cruise it was late in the day when we got it.

There are literally thousands of posts regarding FTTF. And just as many opinions ;p. We always purchase FTTF when it's available. For us, getting our luggage before anyone else (supposedly) is the last reason for purchase. We enjoy getting on board among the first groups. We enjoy dropping off our carry-ons and often only bring carry ons so that we can be unpacked and having our first drink, before many are even on the ship! BUT one of the best reasons for us is Customer Service. We never wait in a line and always have issues that need to be resolved there. From losing something and needing to visit Lost and Found, to putting spending limits daily on our kids' accounts, not having to spend part of my vacay standing in a long line, is WELL worth it for me. Enjoy!

I think FTTF was worth it when we needed it, however, the price has soared over the years. When I bought it 2013, it was only $49.95 then it was $59.95 in 2015 then $69.95 in 2017 and now it is $89.95. On my last cruise on the Splendor in March, it went for sale for over a month before the cruise as it looked like no one wanted it. I have now become Platinum and am grateful to save $90x2 (my teenagers have their own room so I would need to book 2). If I wasn't Platinum now would I still by it? The answer is yes. It gets you on the tender right away, you get your own line at customer service (the regular line can get VERY long). No waiting in the terminal. You get to wait in a nice place to disembark and you get to disembark right after the people who carry their own luggage off. You usually wait with coffee and pastries. Disembarkation is much more pleasant with FTTF. You usually get your luggage right away but the last time I had FTTF, our luggage was the LAST to arrive. My DH was worried they forgot it in the terminal when we sailed away. Some people would rather spend their money in other ways but I think FTTF is worth it.

Thanks to FTTF we dropped off our luggage to the porters then basically walked right through boarding etc. Passing many people sitting (and standing) there waiting to board. Then once we boarded our room was waiting for us. These 2 things alone made FTTF worth it for us

Definitely worth it to us. After spending $2500 for the cruise what is another $100? We love getting on earliet, dropping carry ons off in room, priority customer service, fast luggage delivery, and priority debarkation. If I was going cheap for a deck 1 interior, maybe I would think differently.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I really got it so we could get on board soon after checking out of our hotel. Getting my luggage earlier isn't a huge deal. It will be nice not to have to lug our carryons around with us since out cabin will be ready and waiting at boarding time. Plus, I want to be in a lounger with a drink in my hand in the Havana area ASAP!

I am JEALOUS!!!!! I am waiting to get FTTF for my September 2019 cruise!! It hasn't been released yet, I keep checking every single day!!

Keep checking! This one just came out this week, so maybe you can snag one soon. Happy hunting!

It's a waste of $90, most get there luggage after non FTTF.

As usual from you, useless information. Do you know this for a fact? No, probably not. A lot of people get FTTF and buy it again. So please provide correct info.

I have never booked FTTF either for the same reason...but I am considering it because the people we are cruising with is buying it. It would be a little annoying if they are able to do FTTF things while we are still waiting.....

BTW, we are book on a different cruise in September 2019, only 442 days away. So exciting!!!

I have never booked FTTF either for the same reason...but I am considering it because the people we are cruising with is buying it. It would be a little annoying if they are able to do FTTF things while we are still waiting.....

BTW, we are book on a different cruise in September 2019, only 442 days away. So exciting!!!

You must be on the September 29 run. Cannot wait to set sail!

It's a waste of $90, most get there luggage after non FTTF.

Really? Do you cruise each of the ships and walk the cabin decks monitoring luggage delivery?

After about the third time some one posts an outlandish statement about something they couldn't possibly know,

I don't put much stock in anything they post.

I bought it for my last cruise, which was a late San Juan departure. We got on rather late as we were enjoying some time in PR. There literally was zero use for the program for me unless I wanted to get to my room as early as possible or needed to bypass guest services line. To each their own.

The last few cruises DH and I have taken have been from ports we could drive to. We didn't see the need to purchase FTTF as we simply selected an arrival time after 1:30. Our next cruise is on the Horizon out of Miami in September 2019. We are flying down the night before. Decided to get FTTF for this one since we could basically check out of our hotel and check in to our cruise within an hour or so.

Now if only the 430 days we have left would go faster! :D :D:D

:D:D:D

Hey DramaQueen. How did you get that far in advance. I thought it usually didn't come available that early.

Thanks

Heimey

I bought FttF as well for my cruise - my Mom gets a little (actually a lot) uptight and anxious about time constraints. If the pundits recommend getting to an airport 2 hours ahead of time, you had better believe she will be there at least 3 hours ahead of time just in case. I don't want to stress her out and ruin her cruise. People choose FttF for different reasons and if it works for you, don't listen to the naysayers. Enjoy your cruise!

Hey DramaQueen. How did you get that far in advance. I thought it usually didn't come available that early.

Thanks

Heimey

I was checking out the shore excursions for our trip. If it is available for your sailing, it will be in the ones offered for the embarkation city. It only just showed up there this week. I know others have said you have to keep watching and checking for it. I have no idea why it is there so early...but I sure did pounce on it!

Thanks

Heimey

We're sailing in Sept 2019 and I was able to purchase FTTF a few months ago. :)

We always get fttf...On our last cruise we pulled up in an Uber and when we got out there was a loooooong line.

It looked like a couple 100 people if not more. I asked my son to go to the front of the line and see about the fttf line while we waited in the long line. There were two women in front of me and I was talking about fttf and they told me that was the only line to wait in, not nicely either. My son came back and said "come on" we (4 of us) went to the front of the line around the corner and there was another entrance for fttf and we walked right in!!!

So..I get fttf for this reason and also so I don't have to stand in a long line at CS, priority boarding for tender (grand cayman), getting luggage early (so I can touch up clothes in the self serve laundry) and be done with it, etc. As for the two ladies in the long line...they were also in a long line at CS and I walked up to the fttf window and they gave me a dirty look...while I waited my turn while the person at the count finished one of the ladies walked past me and tried to see my card....I showed her and said "fttf" baby:D :DWell worth it to us!!