Room refrigerator

JellyBean07

For the first time in our cruising life we will have an unlimited beverage package (free perk) on our upcoming New England cruise on the Gem. Will the refrigerator in our cabin be stocked daily with soft drinks, spirits, beer etc? If so, will the steward know that we have the unlimited package and not keep a running tab of what we are consuming other than to restock what we have been favouring? Am I fantasizing and will the refrigerator be empty?

Can we purchase the bottled water package through the room steward for delivery to the cabin?

I would suggest that you get the steward to empty your fridge so you can put in it any extra alcohol you have from your package you want cool. You will be charged for anything you drink from the minibar so don't mix up your extras with the minibar!!

The refrigerator will probably be stocked but those drinks are NOT included. You can ask for it to be emptied when you get there. You can order water online and it should be in your room when you get there. Once you have the fridge emptied you can put your water in a few at a time as needed. :)

For the first time in our cruising life we will have an unlimited beverage package (free perk) on our upcoming New England cruise on the Gem. Will the refrigerator in our cabin be stocked daily with soft drinks, spirits, beer etc? If so, will the steward know that we have the unlimited package and not keep a running tab of what we are consuming other than to restock what we have been favouring? Am I fantasizing and will the refrigerator be empty?

Can we purchase the bottled water package through the room steward for delivery to the cabin?

I think the drinks from the UBP includes those that you get at a bar, all ready to drink.

It would also include soft drinks, but in a glass/cup/etc., not in a can.

And bottled water is ordered separately, and not included.

I'm not sure if a steward would bring it, and have you sign for it, if you needed more than the originals you ordered before boarding.

(In suites, the Butler takes care of these things, but again, it's typically something you have to sign for.)

GC

For the first time in our cruising life we will have an unlimited beverage package (free perk) on our upcoming New England cruise on the Gem. Will the refrigerator in our cabin be stocked daily with soft drinks, spirits, beer etc? If so, will the steward know that we have the unlimited package and not keep a running tab of what we are consuming other than to restock what we have been favouring? Am I fantasizing and will the refrigerator be empty? Can we purchase the bottled water package through the room steward for delivery to the cabin?

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

Almost the most expensive water for sale in bottles on the planet!!!!!

Not even close. Never ever attend a major league baseball game in the U.S., or see a concert. Water is usually around $5 a bottle.

Thank you all for your answers. Maybe I can take bottled water on board with me?

Not a snowballs chance in hell!!!!

If you take water off the ship in the morning make sure that you empty the bottle before boarding or you will lose the bottle.

Until you EMPTY the mini-fridge AVOID it at all cost !

YES the items in the fridge COST and are NOT part of any perk or package*** !

*** exception for staterooms with TITLE Owners Suite.

You don't know the shelf life of some of the STUFF that has been in there !

Miniatures may not have their original contents secure and untampered with !

Gummie Bears and Peanuts maybe well pass the taste test !

Beware canned beer if it is WARM - a geyser of foam waiting for the unwary !

Some Diet drinks maybe past their useful consumption date.

SIMPLY have your cabin attendant bag it all up and remove it from your use.

Fill the mini-fridge with known items of YOUR CHOICE !

Lastly the temperature of the mini-fridge is the ole YMMV rule - will the items

placed within be -cold- -cool- -tepid- or something else ?

Been there - been a victim of mini-fridge consumer guest games - never again !

We were in a Haven 2 bedroom suite and huge sign on fridge that nothing inside was included in beverage package! Crazy with what you pay for the suite- and with the ubp. I took a picture of it because every day that big yellow sign was ‘right there’. Photo in the trip report if you like. Lol. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't think the bottled water was crazy expensive compared to airport prices. 12 - 1 liter bottles for $28 plus tip and service charge. Was nice to have in cabin when we arrived. I did notice later in the week they were selling them in the buffet, maybe a little cheaper (and you wouldn't have the service charge). Do we need bottled water? No but I prefer it.

Until you EMPTY the mini-fridge AVOID it at all cost !

YES the items in the fridge COST and are NOT part of any perk or package*** !

*** exception for staterooms with TITLE Owners Suite.

Actually even in an Owner's Suite, I don't believe the little bottles of liquor/wine are included. The water and snacks yes. The mini-bottles of alcohol not so much.

Actually even in an Owner's Suite, I don't believe the little bottles of liquor/wine are included. The water and snacks yes. The mini-bottles of alcohol not so much.

I believe the mini-fridge is stocked with items prearranged with your Butler.

Owners Suites get a selection of liquor items aside - full liter bottles as opposed to miniatures.

If you don't want to waste money on bottled water, you can bring your own reusable water bottle on board. That's what I do. Your room steward will fill your ice bucket every day and the "tap water" in your room is the same as the water all over the ship. It is desalinized and filtered right on the ship and tastes fine. You can also refill at the cafe if you prefer.

No bottled water is not included. I ordered water on line and was in our cabin when we arrived. Beware they are the big bottles, I ordered 12 and didn't end up needing that many.

Do you remember what brand?