No straws, what are my options?

phoenix1181

I want to bring my own straws and a silver-coloured straw case on my next NCL cruise. The case is to prevent the straws from breaking or bending in my pocket. This way I can still carry around disposable straws with me and not have to worry about losing metal ones or bringing them back to my cabin. Also, I can impress people by opening up a shiny case of straws and handing them out :)

I'm just going to have my suite butler keep the straws that I bring, and when I need a straw for my drinks, I can call him and say "Please bring me my straw!" :tropical-drink::tropical-drink::halo::halo:

While I completely understand the reason for eliminating straws, I'm trying to figure out how I can enjoy my drinks without them.

I always end up with a face full of ice when my drink is more than half gone.

I can bring my own straws but then I need to find a way to carry them.

I can purchase stainless steel straws which are washable but am I going to have to run back to my cabin several times a day to clean them? And I still have the problem of carrying them.

I just don't know what to do! All thoughts and suggestions are welcome...............

I slurped my frozen margarita, spilled it all over my face then DH got me a SPOON!!!

While I completely understand the reason for eliminating straws, I'm trying to figure out how I can enjoy my drinks without them.

I always end up with a face full of ice when my drink is more than half gone.

I can bring my own straws but then I need to find a way to carry them.

I can purchase stainless steel straws which are washable but am I going to have to run back to my cabin several times a day to clean them? And I still have the problem of carrying them.

I just don't know what to do! All thoughts and suggestions are welcome...............

1)Eliminate beverages that you feel a need to use a straw .

2)Bring your own plastic cups with built in straws that can be used over and over again .

I cannot recall the last time I used a straw ,possibly when I was in my teens.

To be clear plastic straws or all other plastics for that matter are not the problem, it is proper disposal of these plastics that is the issue. I hope this chart puts into perspective how much removing straws from cruise ships will effect this problem.

IMG_0081.JPG.d515a17d4ae6a8b3b75296eabd725a35.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be clear plastic straws or all other plastics for that matter are not the problem, it is proper disposal of these plastics that is the issue. I hope this chart puts into perspective how much removing straws from cruise ships will effect this problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It may be insignificant but we have to start somewhere and it's better than doing nothing at all...

Just back from the Dawn. The hotel director (Alain) told our M & G that they expect to have paper straws 'soon'. He said hold up has been getting a supplier that can provision 15 ships with individually wrapped paper straws.

(Wish I had stock in one of those companies!)

Now if they just hand out those paper straws to those who request them, perhaps all of this will settle down.

Just back from the Dawn. The hotel director (Alain) told our M & G that they expect to have paper straws 'soon'. He said hold up has been getting a supplier that can provision 15 ships with individually wrapped paper straws.

(Wish I had stock in one of those companies!)

Now if they just hand out those paper straws to those who request them, perhaps all of this will settle down.

We were on the Dawn 5/11/18 and they didn't have them either. They didn't even give you one if you asked. We ended up picking some up while in Bermuda just for those frozen concoctions!

I truly can not believe people worry about whether or not they can get a straw, seriously, I am no activist at all but we are talking about a plastic straw, you do know people actually drank liquid before the advent of a plastic straw?

Yes. They used paper straws.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums