NCL Joy coming to West Coast year round

LrgPizza

Wonder if they'll paint over the hull art. I kind of like the Dragon, and they do have a ship with the Statue of Liberty on it sailing in Europe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Apparently it is going to be repainted as the ship is being completely rebranded - good on NCL made a mistake and hands up and spin it how ever they want Shares went up so very happy!

Some people seem shocked by the Joy prices but at least for the Alaska sailings (I didn't check the Mexico ones), they don't seem that much higher than comparable sailings on Royal Caribbean, Princess, and Carnival. The Joy is more than those but not by much, $200-$300 from what I saw. I don't know much about the ships from the other lines but I would think the Joy is newer and has more to offer than they do.

Alaska cruises are always pricey. I was looking at the Mexican cruises and they are WAY higher than the competition currently.

Smaller race track to take up less space with something I wouldn't want to do... Smaller spa to take up less space with something I wouldn't want to do... Concierge suites instead of studio cabins, offering more options for my family... American Diner instead of Margaritaville... They got rid of the Cavern Club... Looking forward to the Galaxy Pavilion... One person's negatives are another's positives. I'd take the Joy over the Bliss any day. We all cruise for our own reasons.

Yes, it seems that the "Galaxy Pavilion" would be a more American thing. I wonder why it was not put on "Bliss". I'm wondering if it will be on Encore ?

Why have two of the same ships at the same port (Bliss and Joy). I have a feeling it will end up in NYC... Fingers Crossed:champagne-toast:

increase capacity for that port/itinerary. If NCL deems it is a success to have two mega ships in port, i am sure they will do the same to other ports

Here is a nice video review on the Bliss..looks fantastic! Remember, the Joy & Escape DO NOT have this fantastic observation lounge, which looks like to me is worth the price of the cruise itself!! This video is 20 minutes, but I thought VERY well done::

Here is a nice video review on the Bliss..looks fantastic! Remember, the Joy & Escape DO NOT have this fantastic observation lounge, which looks like to me is worth the price of the cruise itself!! This video is 20 minutes, but I thought VERY well done::

The Joy had a smaller Observation Lounge, it is being expanded during dry dock

NCL was going to release Jade and Spirit itineraries from the Mediterranean to Asia via the Indian Ocean on August 6 -- but as of now they are not in the website.

Looking forward to seeing the itineraries as this may be determining my retirement date. Not that I am in a rush or anything...

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-enhancements-2019-and-2020-itineraries-meet-strong-de

NCL was going to release Jade and Spirit itineraries from the Mediterranean to Asia via the Indian Ocean on August 6 -- but as of now they are not in the website.

Looking forward to seeing the itineraries as this may be determining my retirement date. Not that I am in a rush or anything...

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-enhancements-2019-and-2020-itineraries-meet-strong-de

This was posted a couple of days ago for Spirit, I assume it will be segmented into several cruises:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56706081&postcount=106

• 4 months later...

Well NCL did me a big favor😎😎😎.

The Joy will be doing Caribbean cruises out of Miami in the fall of 2020. So I booked my fav cabin overlooking the bow....on a Nov sailing.

So now I have. A Caribbean sailing on Encore in Nov 2019 and the Joy the following year. Only away class I have missed is the Breakaway. After sailing the Bliss...not sure the Breakaway would excite me.

Leonardo class......late 2021?

Happy New Year everyone!

1 hour ago, RMS Olympic said:

Well NCL did me a big favor😎😎😎.

The Joy will be doing Caribbean cruises out of Miami in the fall of 2020. So I booked my fav cabin overlooking the bow....on a Nov sailing.

So now I have. A Caribbean sailing on Encore in Nov 2019 and the Joy the following year. Only away class I have missed is the Breakaway. After sailing the Bliss...not sure the Breakaway would excite me.

Leonardo class......late 2021?

Happy New Year everyone!

The Bliss is a Breakaway class ship with some changes.  I was disappointed in the Bliss - I missed the outdoor space that was taken up by the Observation Lounge.  Probably will not do Joy, Bliss or Encore unless it's Alaska or cruising from cooler climates (New England/Canada, Northern Europe).  Escape is by far my favorite ship with Getaway and Breakaway close behind.  We're considering going back on one of those again next...

1 hour ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

The Bliss is a Breakaway class ship with some changes.  I was disappointed in the Bliss - I missed the outdoor space that was taken up by the Observation Lounge.  Probably will not do Joy, Bliss or Encore unless it's Alaska or cruising from cooler climates (New England/Canada, Northern Europe).  Escape is by far my favorite ship with Getaway and Breakaway close behind.  We're considering going back on one of those again next...

Not sure what outside space you are talking about. NCL removed rooms for the observation lounge which is why there are fewer passengers contending for the same resources on the Bliss and even fewer on the Joy. 

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure what outside space you are talking about. NCL removed rooms for the observation lounge which is why there are fewer passengers contending for the same resources on the Bliss and even fewer on the Joy. 

That's exactly what I was going to ask. The deck space used for the observation lounge was used for staterooms on the Escape. Maybe they meant the laser tag or go cart tracks?