CruiseNext Program Cruise Next Deposit Certificate FAQ

pghflyer

1 hour ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Why do they only sell CruiseNext Lite on the Sun and Sky when other ships occasionally have sailings of less then six days?

Just an FYI - early November I booked a 5 nighter on the Sun for Dec 12, in an inside cabin. I was afraid my CruiseNext (regular ones) would not work, since I had read about the “Lite” ones.  Low and behold, they accepted 2 of them. If that is going to work, there is no reason to purchase the “Lite” ones.  

2 minutes ago, dd likes to cruise said:

Just an FYI - early November I booked a 5 nighter on the Sun for Dec 12, in an inside cabin. I was afraid my CruiseNext (regular ones) would not work, since I had read about the “Lite” ones.  Low and behold, they accepted 2 of them. If that is going to work, there is no reason to purchase the “Lite” ones.  

Sometimes they will run a promo and let you use the regular certificates on any cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Thankyou all, for the info provided in this forum.  I see that the DoubleUp offer has again been extended, through the month of January.  From NCL's website https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

Also, for January only, they'll let you use the CruiseNext deposit even if the cruise is LESS than 6 nights.  But can only apply 1 CND, not 2.

I didn't see anything restricting this to cruises 6 months out.  So am i understanding correctly that I could purchase a Feb 2020 cruise right now and redeem a CND?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought 8 x $250 deposits for $1,000 recently on an NCL Sun 5 nighter thinking that they would be ok to use on cruises of that length. I'm confused about the 6 day cruise limitation which I now see on the small print, after all 5 nights is spread over 6 days, right? I'm having second thought now. If they cannot be used for those cruises, am I right in thinking you can get refunded for the purchase of the cruisenext deposits within 30 days? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, eastender said:

I bought 8 x $250 deposits for $1,000 recently on an NCL Sun 5 nighter thinking that they would be ok to use on cruises of that length. I'm confused about the 6 day cruise limitation which I now see on the small print, after all 5 nights is spread over 6 days, right? I'm having second thought now. If they cannot be used for those cruises, am I right in thinking you can get refunded for the purchase of the cruisenext deposits within 30 days? Thanks.

Yes, you can get a refund within 30 days.

NCL counts nights for their cruise info - so a 5-night cruise is 6 days but classified as 5 days and normally you could only use a CruiseNext Lite.  However, NCL will sometimes allow them to be used in other ways.

Booking Window: January 01, 2020 – January 31, 2020 11:59pm EST

Offer Details: $250 CruiseNext Deposits are applicable to 3-5 day sailings through March 31, 2020. Only one $250 CruiseNext Deposit can be applied to sailings that are 5 days or less.

Thank you for your reply. We had a flyer left in the cabin about nextcruise deposits stating quite clearly "Pre-paid deposits good for ANY future Norwegian CL sailings".  At no time during the sale process was it mentioned that the deposits were no good for cruises same as the duration we were on! (5 nights). Cruise lite was not on offer and never mentioned, so now going through the process of a refund.

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this has been asked, but I didn't see it.  Can these be applied as an onboard credit or must they be used only as a deposit for a future cruise?  We have booked and paid for our cruise in June.  I now see a bunch of these being sold on ebay and thought it could save a little money if we could apply to our stateroom as an onboard credit.  Thanking you in advance, Crystal

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, aquarion said:

I have 4 next cruise certificates that expire Dec. 21. I would have thought they would have extended the date since their has been no sailing this year. Any suggestions? I have no intent on sailing in 2021.

Call them.  If you make a reservation, they have been extending them to cover that reservation.  Not sure how far out they are letting you make a reservation for.

3 hours ago, aquarion said:

I have 4 next cruise certificates that expire Dec. 21. I would have thought they would have extended the date since their has been no sailing this year. Any suggestions? I have no intent on sailing in 2021.

Hello,

If you're looking to get rid of them, I'm looking to book a cruise in about an hour. (12:30PM EST Wed, Dec 09th, 2020)

Sorry, I can't offer anything in return as that would violate the T&C of CC. But I would see that they are put to good use before they expire.

Let me know and I can be reached at (nybarterme at yahoo dot com)

Edited by WYB!