CruiseNext Program Cruise Next Deposit Certificate FAQ

pghflyer

On 7/18/2018 at 7:11 AM, pghflyer said:

I will make this short...in May we took a family cruise, where my in-laws purchased cruisenext certificates. My mil recently passed.  My fil would like to get a refund if possible.  If not he will transfer, but he, at the moment, has no intention of cruising without her.  I told him we can wait, and that he has time to decide what to do with them.  Just thought I would try to find out if anyone has had any success in obtaining a refund in this situation?

TIA

My condolences. We had a similar situation with my father, we had to cancel a cruise with another cruiseline, due to my mothers sudden illness, the deposit had been paid with a similar deposit to CN and also we had a 25% discount due to a previous failed port call, we had to cancel as mum passed away, the cruiseline (Princess)  would not refund the deposit and would not extend the 12 month expiry of the 25% discount, my father obviously needed a long time to grieve and would not be booking a new cruise during that time. Cruiselines, from my experience will not move the rules even in sad situations. Our travel insurance policy would not provide reinbursement for vouchers so we could not claim. 

On 2/17/2019 at 5:04 PM, KeithJenner said:

When you book you give them your latitudes number and make sure you mention the certificate. They should arrange it for you, but make sure they apply both certificates if appropriate (I have seen a few people mention this not happening automatically).

My guess is that you won't be able to do it online with many travel agents.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, brandycroz said:

You CAN redeem online. I just did it with a cruise for Alaska. You should see the certificates in your account and when you go to make a down payment or any payment, one of the options is to use the certificates. It listed both of mine and I was able to apply to my booking. All done on the NCL website.

My travel agent used 2, no problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

Ok I admit I’m not great with numbers but think I’ve got it!

Can I buy the certificates and book the new cruise whilst cruising?

You can, but it is generally easier to communicate with your travel agent once the cruise is over. Otherwise, you'd have to buy Internet access and book it yourself online.

3 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

So they don’t book cruises on board like most other lines?

They do not employ an agent onboard to book cruises. However, that does not stop you from booking online or calling your Travel Agent on the phone and booking...IMHO, either way works, but can simply wait until your return.

Thanks, not a problem, just as I said, on other lines I have booked my next cruise with the future cruise people on board. If NCL don’t do that then I’ll book when I get home. 
My next cruise is only my 2nd with NCL so still learning some of the differences! 😂

2 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Thanks, not a problem, just as I said, on other lines I have booked my next cruise with the future cruise people on board. If NCL don’t do that then I’ll book when I get home. 
My next cruise is only my 2nd with NCL so still learning some of the differences! 😂

You can definitely have a "meeting" with one of the Cruise Next team members who will gladly book your next cruise for you. They even advertise it and say you will get some sort of upgrade.  I was on Dawn and met with one and the "upgrade" is from one level in a category to the next in that same category (like BF to BD).  We both concluded I would be better off just doing it through my TA who might have better offers.

They were also able to tell me about the 20% Latitudes offer that at that time (end of Aug.) was just coming on stream so I benefitted from that information.  Team on Dawn was fantastic - helpful and friendly - while still selling Cruise Next vouchers.  

• Like 1

I wish the search function on here was more user friendly as I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but my search is coming up with nothing!

What is the advantage of applying 2 cruise next certificates? I just got 2 on my last cruise and looking to book the next one, but not sure why the need to apply 2? Also, it says applies to any stateroom but I thought Haven had different rules?

Basically, I’m looking to book a Haven room and have 2 regular certificates. What is the best way to use them?

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I wish the search function on here was more user friendly as I’m sure this has been asked and answered, but my search is coming up with nothing!

What is the advantage of applying 2 cruise next certificates? I just got 2 on my last cruise and looking to book the next one, but not sure why the need to apply 2? Also, it says applies to any stateroom but I thought Haven had different rules?

Basically, I’m looking to book a Haven room and have 2 regular certificates. What is the best way to use them?

Because you will have then paid $500 towards your cruise fare, while only spending $250.  

Oops just saw the second part of your question.  The Haven, I believe requires a higher deposit than regular cabins.  The Haven cruise next fulfills the entire deposit.  I think if you use regular Cruise next, you still have to pay the balance to bring it to the Haven deposit amt.  I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct this.

Edited by KarlChilders
add info

5 hours ago, KarlChilders said:

Because you will have then paid $500 towards your cruise fare, while only spending $250.  

Oops just saw the second part of your question.  The Haven, I believe requires a higher deposit than regular cabins.  The Haven cruise next fulfills the entire deposit.  I think if you use regular Cruise next, you still have to pay the balance to bring it to the Haven deposit amt.  I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct this.

Thanks! I wasn’t sure if I was missing something!!! Never used one before!

I have used Cruise Next credits in the past.  On every cruise that I have used them, I was awarded double the Latitudes points for that sailing.  It has been a few years since I have used these credits.  Are they still awarding double points?

3 hours ago, Bratman64 said:

I have used Cruise Next credits in the past.  On every cruise that I have used them, I was awarded double the Latitudes points for that sailing.  It has been a few years since I have used these credits.  Are they still awarding double points?

Pretty sure they did away with giving you double points for using a cruisenext cert.  We did not get it last NCL cruise. They got pretty stingy with the double points a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Pretty sure they did away with giving you double points for using a cruisenext cert.  We did not get it last NCL cruise. They got pretty stingy with the double points a few years ago. 

Thanks for the reply. The additional Latitude points made the deal even sweeter. It still is a good deal and I will be purchasing credits on my next cruise in January. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bratman64 said:

The 2 were never related.  You got double points because you booked 9 months or further ahead.     This program ended February 2017.      Now there are specific Latitudes rewards sailings that offer double points.    Complete list online.    

The previous double point received may have been due to latitudes insider offers or booking 9 months out.

The double points for booking 9 months out has now finished, as noted above, but latitudes insider offers are still there. You just have to book a sailing that is included.

Hi Everyone! I have a question that I am hoping you can answer so I don't have to spend time on the phone with the cruise next people for nothing.

We just got off the Norwegian Getaway and spoke with the cruise next people while on board. I had done my research before so we booked our Alaska cruise with them. We purchased 2 of the $250 certificates to put our deposit down for our balcony and the person tried to get us to buy additional ones since we knew we would cruise with them again. We declined as we don't have any future ones in the plans.

So he then offered us an additional $250 certificate to use if we declined the OBC for the current cruise which made sense to me since the OBC would have been the same amount. We are going to gift that to my parents to apply towards their deposit to go to Alaska with us. However I am not showing any certificate in my latitudes account when I log into it. We got off the ship on Sunday so it's only been a few days but we already received the email thanking us for booking our Alaska cruise through cruise next.

How long do you think we should wait to see the certificate appear before calling them? Has anyone else been offered the same and then it not show up? We did not show any OBC in our final bill so I am hoping we don't get screwed out of our certificate and OBC. Please tell me I don't have anything to worry about.

Thanks!!

For us, we most recently received a letter in our room for each certificate a day after buying them, and then we received an email for the certificates a day after the cruise ended FWIW. If you don't have it within a few days of being back and they didn't give you credit, I would think time to call.

41 minutes ago, Dina7 said:

Dumb question, but can a Cruise Next certificate be used on ANY stateroom category or only Balcony & above?

Depends on # of days for your sailing, but yes for 6 days or longer.   I copied a section off of NCL's website below:

Norwegian Cruise Line’s CruiseNext Deposit
Terms & Conditions

5. CruiseNext Deposits ($250 each) and CruiseNext Haven Deposits ($500 each) are valid for sailings of 6 days or longer. CruiseNext Lite Deposits ($100 each) are valid for sailings 5 days or less and are only available for purchase on select vessels. CruiseNext Haven Deposits act as the full deposit for all staterooms onboard qualified sailings. CruiseNext and CruiseNext Lite act as full deposit for rooms up to a MiniSuite or can be applied as partial deposit payment towards higher categories.

6. Limit of one (1) CND may be used per stateroom. You may apply two (2) CNDs to one (1) stateroom only when booking a cruise that qualifies for the DoubleUp! promotion. DoubleUp! promotion eligibility is based on redemption date and not on CND purchase date. DoubleUp! promotions may be subject to change and are subject to availablitly. Visit www.ncl.com/cruisenext for offer details when you are ready to book your next cruise.

They have been running a 'special' that allows you to use 2 certificates on ANY category. As you can see below, current special has been extended every month since August.

CruiseNext DoubleUp! Offer

Booking Window: August 01, 2019 – December 31, 2019 11:59pm EST

Offer Details: Book ANY category stateroom and apply TWO Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

52 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

They have been running a 'special' that allows you to use 2 certificates on ANY category. As you can see below, current special has been extended every month since August.

CruiseNext DoubleUp! Offer

Booking Window: August 01, 2019 – December 31, 2019 11:59pm EST

Offer Details: Book ANY category stateroom and apply TWO Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits.

Thank you for posting this as well! The last DoubleUp promotion I received an email about expired Nov. 30th. So I thought I was out of luck.