LPC menu

fizzy1

I am allergic to all shellfish and we went to LPC they offered a substitute and I had the sea bass which was great. They will work with you with no problem.

That's very good to know, but isn't part of the issue, though, not the food substitutions, but rather that the gimmicky chef video only ties in to that "menu extraordinaire"? So you would be paying big bucks to see this dancing chef prepare and serve a meal that is not the meal you would be eating?

Just trying to understand...

For people saying that they can't eat shellfish, that knocks out 2 of the dinner items and settling for the other choices that are offered instead makes no sense to me. You are paying top dollar for the "experience" of LPC (the little video on your plate that accompanies each coarse)

If you order the substitute items, you get nothing but your plate of food and no "show"

The concept is cute, but the choices are nothing special and the limited menu makes it not worth it.

If they had more choices, that included the concept, then it might be something to check out, but the way it is now, we'd never eat there.

And those who think this will appeal the the "young crowd" I think would be mistaken. I would think those savvy enough in that demographic would find it incredibly gimmicky and hokey.

My husband and I are in our mid 30s with no kids - not sure if that's the younger crowd that people speak of - and we completely agree with the above.

I was excited to finally be sailing on a ship with Qsine (Silk Harvest was bland and Americanized) and when I couldn't find it in our cruise planner and looked up/watched what the replacement was...we're not happy to put it lightly. Perhaps this would be fun and cutting edge ten or more years ago? It seems like a huge step backwards now. I cannot imagine in the least that this is aimed at a younger crowd.

The menu is also strange, with odd course selections (two desserts?). On top of that, my husband doesn't eat seafood and I'm nearly vegetarian so I'm not sure what we would eat. If the menu was a la carte and the show was individualized for each person, that could perhaps be a draw.

Edit: I mean, we're also very fortunate to be able to cruise and take time off and this is just random complaining! We're in AQ anyway and absolutely love Blu.

Edited by Forever42

We will go back to Le Petit Chef on our next cruise. As I mentioned before we did enjoy the food, it really was very good and the experience really is good fun....nothing like just watching a YouTube video. After another visit we would probably need a video and menu change to keep us interested.

The issue is that Celebrity have changed their minds at present and instead of running LPC chic nights only with the Q’sine menu other nights they are running it every night. No one would, I think, want the experience and same menu twice per cruise. I assume that they are filling both seatings at present most of the time as it is a new concept. As more guests have experienced and like us don’t rebook then bookings will drop and they will have to rethink....

Much as we enjoyed it I don’t think it is worth $55. We can enjoy it free with our room package, if I was paying I would be looking for a discount.

In terms of the future I think Q’sine was becoming a Marmite venue....a few guests loved it but many didn’t. Personally, I thought the whole iPad thing was so outdated....Last few cruises we have been on Q’sine has been very quiet, they obviously had to do something to get more guests in.

So, I guess what I am suggesting is if you can book at a reasonable price give it a go, have some fun with your food, enjoy a good laugh with a tasty menu....We are always keen to try something new, we try never to dismiss new experiences without giving them a go, so glad we did!

Last few times we've sailed on X Qsine has been packed :D and we ate there 2 or 3 times. I will be very disappointed if it's totally replaced by LPC. I have no interest in this menu at that price.

That’s fab !! My hubby is the same . So he will just ask for the onion soup and the sea bass as substitute and keep the rest of the main menu . Do you think they will be ok with that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No problem they will work with you and when you tell them you are allergic they will tell the chef so that there is no cross contamination.

That's very good to know, but isn't part of the issue, though, not the food substitutions, but rather that the gimmicky chef video only ties in to that "menu extraordinaire"? So you would be paying big bucks to see this dancing chef prepare and serve a meal that is not the meal you would be eating?

Just trying to understand...

It was a fun experience and it was ok that I ate something else and because we are in a suite we pay nothing

For people saying that they can't eat shellfish, that knocks out 2 of the dinner items and settling for the other choices that are offered instead makes no sense to me. You are paying top dollar for the "experience" of LPC (the little video on your plate that accompanies each coarse)

If you order the substitute items, you get nothing but your plate of food and no "show"

The concept is cute, but the choices are nothing special and the limited menu makes it not worth it.

If they had more choices, that included the concept, then it might be something to check out, but the way it is now, we'd never eat there.

When you substitute you still get the show

We will go back to Le Petit Chef on our next cruise. As I mentioned before we did enjoy the food, it really was very good and the experience really is good fun....nothing like just watching a YouTube video. After another visit we would probably need a video and menu change to keep us interested.

The issue is that Celebrity have changed their minds at present and instead of running LPC chic nights only with the Q’sine menu other nights they are running it every night. No one would, I think, want the experience and same menu twice per cruise. I assume that they are filling both seatings at present most of the time as it is a new concept. As more guests have experienced and like us don’t rebook then bookings will drop and they will have to rethink....

Much as we enjoyed it I don’t think it is worth $55. We can enjoy it free with our room package, if I was paying I would be looking for a discount.

In terms of the future I think Q’sine was becoming a Marmite venue....a few guests loved it but many didn’t. Personally, I thought the whole iPad thing was so outdated....Last few cruises we have been on Q’sine has been very quiet, they obviously had to do something to get more guests in.

So, I guess what I am suggesting is if you can book at a reasonable price give it a go, have some fun with your food, enjoy a good laugh with a tasty menu....We are always keen to try something new, we try never to dismiss new experiences without giving them a go, so glad we did!

I would like to try it once but I am not pre-booking and hoping for a discount offering on our 15 n Panama Canal cruise. I am really surprised that they are not just doing it a few nights a cruise and having Qsine the rest of the nights.

I would like to try it once but I am not pre-booking and hoping for a discount offering on our 15 n Panama Canal cruise. I am really surprised that they are not just doing it a few nights a cruise and having Qsine the rest of the nights.

I think you attitude is spot on! Over a 15 night cruise I am sure you will get a discount on some nights....

I also agree with your ‘a few nights per cruise’, especially on the M class ships with less choices of speciality restaurants to choose from...

Hope you enjoy it as we did...

It was a fun experience and it was ok that I ate something else and because we are in a suite we pay nothing

You paid for a Suite at an inflated price for the privilege of getting "free" specialty dinners. The cost of the dining package was buried in thew price. Suite prices rise every time they add a benefit. You are able to afford it, go for it and have fun!

We had the full five courses (yes two desserts).

You either choose the first menu that follows the ‘story’ or you can swap any items for the alternatives.

It may not be a stunningly different menu but we enjoyed it and found it tasty and found the experience great fun! Those who have only watched on YouTube and dismissed it have missed the giggly experience with family and friends it can be!

When we experienced it on Reflection we were told it was only going to be on chic nights and other nights the Q’sine menu would run. This now seems to have changed. Next cruise I would happily visit LPC again but once per cruise unless there are alternative story lines and menus would be enough!

It looks like fun!

I agree, on longer sailings--of 12+ days or more--different menus/different video presentations would be clever

How did we go from truly fine dining in the Olympic in the early 2000s to this Carnivalesque LPC? What a total degradation of the Celebrity brand...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I "hear" you on the point of the LPC...haven't done it

That said--the MDR was a HUGE disappointment on our last sailing with X. Some things were so bad they were just inedible.

We did buy a package at ate at Murano twice, Tuscan Grill once and Lawn Club once.

Our prior cruise we had UDP and never ate in MDR--

I dont recall well enough how the MDR was on the Connie many years back--however the goat cheese souffle used to be available in MDR. Now its in Murano...

So I suspect as X has changed MDR and cut corners there... that one must go to the specialty dining, AQ (Blu) or Suites (Luminae) for "modern luxury" meals

We did Qsine once--and the food was terrific --however it IS best done with a group. I suspect the same for LPC... more fun in a group

I never actually got to eat in Q'sine, but I wonder based on what I have read about it, if that it is too expensive and complicated to keep both menus active - Q'sine sounded like it was a fairly complicated prep with lots of little plates and variety of dishes?

We will be on Silhouette early November, I hate that we missed Q'sine.

Interested reading all the views about LPC and I'm interested in giving it a try on our upcoming Reflection cruise, although I am disappointed there is no Qsine as I've enjoyed it on two previous cruises. Can someone confirm if LPC is definitely included in the dining packages (I'm not sure if the poster above was referring to a package that was included in the cruise price or bought separately)? We're thinking of buying the 4 night package and it's not clear from the cruise planner if LPC is included. Thanks!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Forums mobile app

Interested reading all the views about LPC and I'm interested in giving it a try on our upcoming Reflection cruise, although I am disappointed there is no Qsine as I've enjoyed it on two previous cruises. Can someone confirm if LPC is definitely included in the dining packages (I'm not sure if the poster above was referring to a package that was included in the cruise price or bought separately)? We're thinking of buying the 4 night package and it's not clear from the cruise planner if LPC is included. Thanks!

I am assuming it is part of the Specialty dining package as it replaces Qsine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LPC was eligible for inclusion in all specialty dining packages on our 10-day Reflection sailing in June. We paid $125 per person for a 4-night package, and included LPC on one of the nights.

Thanks, also just got confirmation from Celebrity that it will be included on the Reflection so all is good!

I should mention again that even at the reduced price we would never do LPC again. The food was in our opinion substantially inferior to other specialty restaurant options, particularly Murano, which you can enjoy for the same price within a dining package. So you're basically paying a premium primarily for the entertainment. Unless they expand the menu choice to match an equally expanded video performance, once and done for us.