New itineraries 2019-2020. NCL will NOT be sailing from Southampton anymore?

ace2542

Norwegian Dawn will replace Norwegian Star in 2020 as it is listed in both Palma's and Cannes's port registries in early May 2020 and appears to be heading towards Eastern Med. Interestingly, Norwegian Getaway is listed in Cannes so that will be a pleasant surprise that it will replace Norwegian Jade in 2020. So that's why both Norwegian Star and Norwegian Jade are heading to Northern Europe.

Yeah, I have seen the same.

I am wondering if Escape is coming to Copenhagen, IMHO it would make sense.

But I am also wondering that Bliss is sailing out of NYC until April 2020. Actually she is the ship for Alaska.

If she heads black, she needs to do a very long reposition via Panama Canal from NYC to Seattle.

I could well imagine that Encore sails from NYC during summer season.

Further it seems to me that NCL Pearl is replacing NCL Dawn our of NYC in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone on Facebook was speculating yesterday on whether the fact that the Encore artwork is by a Spanish artist is relevant. They were fairly confident that it means the ship will be sailing out of Barcelona for the summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's difficult for this to happen because Norwegian Epic is already listed again for the 2020 season in Palma's port in the same itineraries as the previous years.

It's difficult for this to happen because Norwegian Epic is already listed again for the 2020 season in Palma's port in the same itineraries as the previous years.

That doesn’t actually make it difficult at all. It could easily be changed.

I don’t have any particular view on this, by the way, just mentioning something that did seem to have some logic behind it.

• Like 1

Of course, Epic could be a placeholder or the deployment might be changed.

But anyway, for the deployment season of 2020, there’s several question marks for me: which Breakaway-Plus-Class ship sails from NYC during summer? Which Breakaway-Plus class sails Alaska, apart from Joy?

Where does Escape really go? Questions, questions...

We just booked a 2 week cruise on Spirit from Southampton in August of next year. Great trip up to the Baltics, ending in Stockholm. Based on the pricing, NCL doesn’t seem worried about selling it out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it is a fantastic itinerary. NCL have done a great job in the past few years with the itineraries in Europe. See you onboard. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The UK cruises have been selling very well! Hopefully they will carry on having a home port in the UK... it is so useful!

As some port schedules state, NCL Star is the most likely candidate for Southampton.

She is not listed there directly, but other ports show her. The calls are very comparable to those of NCL Spirit in 2019, which sails from Southampton next year.

It’s easy to derive though that Star will replace her in 2020.

Early info at port registrations suggest that the following ships will be in Europe for the Summer 2020 period:

Northern Europe

1) Norwegian Star (https://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal)

2) Norwegian Jade (https://www.ptamsterdam.nl/nl/cruises-portal)

3) Norwegian Getaway (http://www.portsdebalears.com/es/previsiones?inicio=2020-04-30&fin=2021-12-31)

Norwegian Star & Norwegian Jade are both registered in the port of Amsterdam in May 2020 so they will probably replace Norwegian Pearl & Norwegian Spirit from 2019. Norwegian Getaway is listed in Palma in May 2020 indicating that it will be again in Europe and I suspect it will do the same itineraries as 2019.

West Mediterranean

1) Norwegian Epic (http://www.portsdebalears.com/es/previsiones?inicio=2020-04-30&fin=2021-12-31)

Norwegian Epic is registered again at Palma port for the 2020 period indicating it will repeat the same cruises as 2019.

Eastern Mediterranean

1) Norwegian Dawn (http://www.portsdebalears.com/es/previsiones?inicio=2020-03-01&fin=2021-12-31)

2) Norwegian Pearl?

It seems that Norwegian Dawn is registered at Palma's port in May 2020 indicating it will be replacing Norwegian Star which is going North. Probably its absence will be covered by Norwegian Encore in USA. No news on Norwegian Pearl but it will be possibly take Norwegian Jade's place as the latter is going North too.

The Star does a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Venice in May, then back again in November. Based on what you post here, any guesses which ship would do that itinerary in 2020? It's the one i'm looking most forward to (and only one we'll do in 2020) so I enjoy the dreaming part ;-)

Any idea which ship will go to Iceland?

NCL Star several times. She’s likely to take over Spirits itineraries from 2019.

-Star: starting from Southampton to: Iceland/Norway, British Isles, probably Baltic

-Jade: starting from Amsterdam and maybe Hamburg later on, to: British Isles and Norway, probably Baltic