New itineraries 2019-2020. NCL will NOT be sailing from Southampton anymore?

ace2542

8 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Every year the Northern European cruises are very late to become available. Every year people are surprised.

I booked the Spirit for summer 2019 on the day they became available to book last year. The date of my booking was May 2018.

It could be months yet.

This gives me hope that they will offer something similar to the summer '19 Spirit itineraries in summer '20. 🙂 I'm looking for a 12-15 day Baltic on a smaller ship and those Spirit itineraries are perfect in everything but the timing. 🙂 

Probably NCL can afford to wait that long, while other companies already have published their itineraries. And they still fill up there ships to their satisfaction I guess.

I don't wan't to wait that longer. The prices of NCL are getting ridiculous. I'm a frequently returning customer of NCL, but have now booked a 7 night cruise to the Norwegian Fjords with RCCL Independence of the Seas out of Southampton in may 2020 for a price (including beverage package) of which I am sure NCL will not match, judging their already published prices. NCL is for a balcony cabin going to or beyond € 600 / night (2 persons including beverage package and gratuities). I booked the RCCL cruise for a balcony cabin, beverage package and gratuities for around € 400 a night (2 persons).

Edited by rolandvanvelzen

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, Steff79 said:

Two cruises for Star out of Southampton in May 2020 are now online, looks like around Great Britain.

Those look great.  Just need them to be in June.  For now, we've got Regal Princess booked for the British Isles in June.  I'm really hoping we can get to the British Isle in 2020.  They're just so expensive!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are a few more Star itineraries listed now in July/August.

A couple of Iceland/Norway/UK, but also a UK only one at the end of August.

As far as I can see, there is still a two week break from 26th July to 3rd August. I assume that is likely to be another Iceland one, but I am holding out a slither of hope for an extended Norway one (which I would certainly book).

Still nothing for the Jade in Amsterdam after June.

NCL Star's summer itineraries between May and September are listed now without any gap.

-May 03, 17: 14 nights British Isles

-May 31, June 28, Jul 12 & 26, Aug 09, 2020: 14 nights to Iceland and North Sea (GB and/or Norway)

-June 14: 14 nights to Norway/North Cape

-Aug 23, Sep 04 & 16: 12 nights British Isles

All cruises are starting from Southampton.

Hopefully the Jade itineraries will be released soon. 

Edited by shipfriend_max

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, shipfriend_max said:

Hopefully the Jade itineraries will be released soon. 

Thanks for the info on the Star.  Where are people thinking the Jade will go?  I'm hoping for a British Isles cruise in the summer.  The Star's itineraries are while the kiddo is in school.  We're booked on Princess now because the dates are perfect. 

4 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Looks like the Spirit is in Japan and China in summer 2020.  Jade is missing June 13-27th.  Is that for a drydock or is it just not finalized yet?

Yes, the Spirit is going to Asia. This is its last Summer in Europe, at least for a while.

It isn’t just that the Jade is missing June 13th-27th. It is missing a whole chunk from July-Sept as well. The itineraries aren’t finalised yet.

The Star was very similar until last week, with July-Sept not available. I’m hoping they finish the Jade itineraries soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, kirsty_r said:

I guessed it would be the star too. emoji846.png

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter and I are booked on the Star in April 2020 transatlantic from NY to Southampton.  We've been looking to another TA for years now that included ports we like/are interested in and this is the one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, lanceholt said:

My daughter and I are booked on the Star in April 2020 transatlantic from NY to Southampton.  We've been looking to another TA for years now that included ports we like/are interested in and this is the one.

Im thinking about that itinerary for my first TA. Exciting. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:14 AM, Steff79 said:

4 months of the Jade are still missing. Seems that NCL do not know what to do with the ship😃

or a long charter or hotel ship for some events?

Looks like they added some Jade cruises. Unfortunately, July, August, and the 2nd cruise in June are still missing.  September and October are Greece/Italy.  Still waiting...

33 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Looks like they added some Jade cruises. Unfortunately, July, August, and the 2nd cruise in June are still missing.  September and October are Greece/Italy.  Still waiting...

My initial thought was that they have always had some Jade cruises for next Summer, just not the July/August period, but just having a quick look, is that Baltic one in late June new?

If it is then maybe they are finally adding them. It is usually done one by one, at least with these ones as the itineraries often vary.

Edited by KeithJenner

57 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

My initial thought was that they have always had some Jade cruises for next Summer, just not the July/August period, but just having a quick look, is that Baltic one in late June new?

If it is then maybe they are finally adding them. It is usually done one by one, at least with these ones as the itineraries often vary.

I think that one has been there for a little bit.  I've been waiting on the June 13th one.  I re-read this thread, checked out the Le Harve port schedule, and I don't see the Jade there during that time (or in July).  Since I'm dead-set on seeing Mont Saint Michel, I think the NCL itineraries are out for me now.  But I'll keep watching, just in case.

1 minute ago, Steff79 said:

that is the last stop i see at leHavre, coming from southampton and going to Hamburg,

waiting for that cruise

That time may work.  I was hoping for June (because of my birthday) but any time the kid is out of school is fine. 

I just checked the port schedule for Dublin and the Jade is only listed in the beginning of June.  I only see the Star for July and August.  Does that mean she won't be calling on Dublin then or just that they haven't figured out the schedule yet? 

We're looking for British Isles without Norway or Iceland, since we've been there.  We have an ok price on Princess, but I'm just more comfortable with NCL.