New itineraries 2019-2020. NCL will NOT be sailing from Southampton anymore?

ace2542

Curious what is happening in Miami. They are building a new, giant NCL terminal at the port of Miami for NCL. However, starting in April 2020, I don't see any megaships in Miami. Has the Miami/Caribbean market slowed so much that spring/summer is a bust? I have not seen what ships will be sailing Miami summer of 2020. The Encore leaves Miami for NYC in April 2020. What comes next? I know the Breakaway will be in Miami but that's it? I thought the new terminal was going to have 2 megaships in the port at the same time.

Curious what is happening in Miami. They are building a new, giant NCL terminal at the port of Miami for NCL. However, starting in April 2020, I don't see any megaships in Miami. Has the Miami/Caribbean market slowed so much that spring/summer is a bust? I have not seen what ships will be sailing Miami summer of 2020. The Encore leaves Miami for NYC in April 2020. What comes next? I know the Breakaway will be in Miami but that's it? I thought the new terminal was going to have 2 megaships in the port at the same time.

Keeping an eye out as to what is going on in Miami also. My daughter was planning on going on the Encore for her honeymoon in May 2020 and not that ship will be in Bermuda. Which is not a bad thing except they are going on the Escape this May to Bermuda and she wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean. They are only showing Western right now which is not as interesting as the Eastern.

Fingers crossed for something good to go out of Miami May 2020.

the TA with the Getaway is now online. from New York to "Rom".

23. April bis 08. Mai 2020

New York (New York); Ponta Delgada (Azoren); Lissabon (Portugal); Sevilla (Cádiz) (Spanien); Granada (Málaga) (Spanien); Palma, Mallorca (Spanien); Barcelona (Spanien); Cannes (Frankreich); Florenz/Pisa (Livorno) (Italien); Ausschiffung Rom (Civitavecchia) (Italien)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

some Jade  cruises for 2020 are now online. for northern Europe only the Rome to Amsterdam and the first cruise out of Amsterdam to

14-Day British Isles, Norway & Ireland from Amsterdam

Great, thank you so much!

Sadly it's the only one so far indeed, but I am sure the next days the other cruises will be uploaded succesively - including the following Jade cruises and the ones from NCL Star. 

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are outrageous. Don't know what is happening in the cruise industry, but for the "cheapest" balcony cabin, paying over € 600 a night out of season, is ridiculous. You can see it  happening at a lot of companies, RCCL, Celebrity, NCL. Ad your transport costs, your extra expenses on board and the amount of money you will spend at the destinations and you will end at € 10.000 + for a 14 day cruise.

For that amount of money you can have the most wonderful land vacation. You can go to the most luxury hotels in the Maldives for that amount of money.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor emoji nadenkenJade baltic capitals - Maldives - Jade baltic capitals - Madlives, hmmmm............

Edited by rolandvanvelzen

49 minutes ago, rolandvanvelzen said:

Prices are outrageous. Don't know what is happening in the cruise industry, but for the "cheapest" balcony cabin, paying over € 600 a night out of season, is ridiculous. You can see it  happening at a lot of companies, RCCL, Celebrity, NCL. Ad your transport costs, your extra expenses on board and the amount of money you will spend at the destinations and you will end at € 10.000 + for a 14 day cruise.

For that amount of money you can have the most wonderful land vacation. You can go to the most luxury hotels in the Maldives for that amount of money.

Agreed...   

I try to justify it to myself for the convenience factor of a "floating hotel"   I like to go multiple places when we vacation, so this is easier than getting a rental car and packing/unpacking at multiple hotels.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 3:15 PM, Steff79 said:

nothing new. why NCL is so late with their northern Europe routes? i think the last cruise line without announcement for their northern europe cruises.

No, not really yet, the two NCL Jade itineraries to the Baltic and British Isles in May/June 2020 were the last ones that have been uploaded, and there's no itineraries for NCL Star right now.

ANd those ships you can even book for winter 2020/21?! I also don't know what the hell NCL is doing... 😕 

• Thanks 1

Every year the Northern European cruises are very late to become available. Every year people are surprised.

I booked the Spirit for summer 2019 on the day they became available to book last year. The date of my booking was May 2018.

It could be months yet.