NCL Haven compared to MSC Yacht Club

hbe

For those that have sailed both, how do they compare, thanks

Maybe do a search as there have been threads both here and on the MSC boards that are quite good at answering your questions.

Although I have never sailed in a Haven Suite, but I have in the Yatch Club...the biggest difference is PRICE! I do believe most Haven Suites are larger but when comparing prices it’s sometimes staggering. Also, MSC is currently status matching which gets some cruisers perks even before their first MSC cruise.

I’ve also heard that The Haven restaurant doesn’t change menus daily (?), not sure if that’s true, but the food and service on the Seaview was excellent.

Maybe do a search as there have been threads both here and on the MSC boards that are quite good at answering your questions.

You are absolutely right in suggesting this to the original poster. It made our decision to try out MSC very easy. Though we do love the Haven there are many things that made our decision to move easy. We are Platinum so I must say we will moss the free laundry.:D

We have not sailed YC yet (May 2019) and given Black status with MSC match. These are things that switched us from the Haven to try YC in no particular order as these items are not offered in the Haven.

--Cabin open mini bar - it will be restocked as often as needed and items stocked with what you prefer if you want to switch out.

--Thermal Spa pass - included with YC

--Unlimited drinks not only in the YC but through our the ship - no package necessary

--20 hours a day buffet which is in the YC (though you can get order something on NCL the "buffet area" in the Haven Restaurant is not the full-meal offered in the ship's buffet area.

Many things are similar except as in having an assigned Butler, the Butlers work together as a team. However, with the price to book the YC and other items included with the price made it a good option for us.

A big thing for me is that MSC prices the YC right and therefore the demand is steady.

NCL jacked up prices, do not have as much demand and created the "Priceline for cruises". It is frustrating that I pay a lot more than many for basically the same product.

When MSC matched my loyalty to BLACK I booked the Seaside YC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are absolutely right in suggesting this to the original poster. It made our decision to try out MSC very easy. Though we do love the Haven there are many things that made our decision to move easy. We are Platinum so I must say we will moss the free laundry.:D

We have not sailed YC yet (May 2019) and given Black status with MSC match. These are things that switched us from the Haven to try YC in no particular order as these items are not offered in the Haven.

--Cabin open mini bar - it will be restocked as often as needed and items stocked with what you prefer if you want to switch out.

--Thermal Spa pass - included with YC

--Unlimited drinks not only in the YC but through our the ship - no package necessary

--20 hours a day buffet which is in the YC (though you can get order something on NCL the "buffet area" in the Haven Restaurant is not the full-meal offered in the ship's buffet area.

Many things are similar except as in having an assigned Butler, the Butlers work together as a team. However, with the price to book the YC and other items included with the price made it a good option for us.

add to this live music in the YC lounge every evening.

The YC lounge bar does not close at 10 pm every night the way the Haven bar did when I was in the Breakaway Haven.

YC Restaurant menu changes daily.

With the exception of the room size, my YC experience was superior my Haven experience in every way.

We are actually just beginning to work on planning an MSC YC cruise based on feedback on these boards. We've been on multiple "Haven" ships, Pearl, Epic, Escape, Getaway and the pricing just keeps climbing like crazy. We have kids, so have to travel during school breaks, so it's difficult to have much flexibility. I did an extensive review of the Getaway haven here: https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Hopefully the detail helps; but once we cruise MSC YC, I will be following up here for sure.

I'll let you know after this November. The price for MSC is what made me try. If all's good, that will be my go to cruise line.

NCL prices are through the roof on most sailings. Although I just got a fairly good deal on Jade but we all know the haven area on those ships can not compare to the yacht club and you don't even have to have sailed them to see that.