Is Oceania Feeling Squeezed?

isbclarin

I agree with those that tried Viking and went back to O, been there and done that.

ONE reason to keep those brochures (stacked away) is in the event you decide you want to book a wait listed cruise. Once all categories are wait listed, it is hard to find the prices on line if you decide you do want to wait list. At least having the brochure gives you an estimate...

All of the cruises I've looked at that are wait listed had prices for the categories. Maybe TA sites don't have them.

BTW I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to pay for an Oceania brochure. And $3.75 shipping is added, to boot!

One thing I did find useful in the brochures was information on the scheduled guest lecturer on our upcoming cruise. Unfortunately, when I looked him up on the Internet, I discovered that he had passed away in March, yet he was still listed in brochures I received in May. I'm not sure if his family forgot to tell Oceania or if the brochures were printed so far in advance that they could not be changed. And I'm quite sure it was the same person because he was listed as a maritime expert in the brochure and on his website. I assume they'e figured it out by now.

I am sure the brochures are printed many months in advance. Marketing campaign are rarely last minute and the production of custom pieces takes a air bit of time. With a month+ intervening interval I venture the brochures were already at the company that does the mailing and distribution, perhaps already packaged with printed labels affixed.

My sympathies to the family. I hope this reminder does not cause them more sorrow.

Fortunately O in the UK don't do as much mailing, I think we have only had two since we booked in April, but we do get emails very regularly, which is fine. We get nearly as much postal advertising from Azamara, who we haven't sailed with in two years. I think once you have shown any interest in a cruise line, either registering on a web site or booking a cruise they all follow up with you, trying to tempt you back, O isn't any different to the others.

I’m from Scotland and we receive anything upto 5 flyers a WEEK! Oh and then there are their brochures. Mind you they don’t come in my name now cos I opted out so now they arrive with hubbys name. 😂

We’ve sailed with them once in 2016 and our second is next month.

I didn't realise it was hitting Bronze Level that stopped me getting the brochures. Seems ages since I had one. Perhaps I'm getting out of the Oceania habit. Last 3 cruises have been on Paul Gaugin, Cunard and a river cruise. I rather liked the brochure with the complete cruise calendar.

I was Silver & still getting them so do not see the connection

:confused:

I think that idea is from post #3. Flatbush Flyer stated "You'll be bombarded with Oceania literature until you ask to be removed from mailings and/or hit the Bronze loyalty level."

Like you we are still getting (lots of) them

I think that idea is from post #3. Flatbush Flyer stated "You'll be bombarded with Oceania literature until you ask to be removed from mailings and/or hit the Bronze loyalty level."

Like you we are still getting (lots of) them

I no longer get them My wonderful TA helped get me off the list :halo:

I no longer get them My wonderful TA helped get me off the list :halo:

LOL, and I had to have her get me back on it...twice.

I generally won't look at the itineraries online, but I'll flip through a brochure.

I don't know how I've been so lucky but I've never gotten any brochures from Oceania in the mail. Not one. We've been on 3 O cruises and have our 4th booked for 2019.

be careful what you wish for :evilsmile:

LOL, and I had to have her get me back on it...twice.

I generally won't look at the itineraries online, but I'll flip through a brochure.

I did enjoy the new Brochure but all the sale flyers were too annoying

seems you cannot get one without the other :halo:

So funny to see this thread. I booked my first Oceania cruise. For 2020. And I am now getting 1-2 brochures a week. Also I seem to be on Regent and Seabourn mailings though they are way too rich for my arts administrator’s budget.

Princess (I have 16 cruises with them) sends me their quarterly newsletter and the annual cruise book. And Carnival (15 cruises) just sends me the gambling flyers. They don’t have brochures, per se.

Viking also bombards me and I have NO desire to go on Viking. I once booked an AMA river cruise I had to cancel, and I NEVER hear from them.

I also just booked my first Cunard and nary a word from them.

Man, would I love to be a fly on the wall in some of those marketing meetings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So funny to see this thread. I booked my first Oceania cruise. For 2020. And I am now getting 1-2 brochures a week. Also I seem to be on Regent and Seabourn mailings though they are way too rich for my arts administrator’s budget.

Princess (I have 16 cruises with them) sends me their quarterly newsletter and the annual cruise book. And Carnival (15 cruises) just sends me the gambling flyers. They don’t have brochures, per se.

Viking also bombards me and I have NO desire to go on Viking. I once booked an AMA river cruise I had to cancel, and I NEVER hear from them.

I also just booked my first Cunard and nary a word from them.

Man, would I love to be a fly on the wall in some of those marketing meetings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like when you book a cruise you will start hearing from a lot of lines. I get a lot of flyers from Oceania from just our first cruise. I'm sure we'll get more after our upcoming cruise. We get flyers from Princess(1 cruise)HAL(never cruised) a lot from Regent(Oceania's sister line)None from NCL, which is fine by me! Still a lot from Cunard, though the last cruise was 2012.A lot from Viking & like you not interested. None from Seabourn, but some from Crystal. Celebrity I just get a ton of E-mail "flyers". We gave them a break, due to the cutbacks & currently love what Oceania offers.