Redeeming RCL Visa Rewards Points

jjtt

I recently redeemed OBC points for an upcoming cruise next month. Do I have to call Royal and apply them to my reservation? :confused:Not sure if I have to do anything else for them to show up as onboard credit. We sail in a couple weeks. :DThank you in advance.

I recently redeemed OBC points for an upcoming cruise next month. Do I have to call Royal and apply them to my reservation? :confused:Not sure if I have to do anything else for them to show up as onboard credit. We sail in a couple weeks. :DThank you in advance.

When you filled out the form, you entered your reservation/booking number, right?

Look in your Cruise Planner and see if the amount shows up there.

This thread reminded me to check on my redeemed MyCruise points that I haven't yet seen in the cruise planner.

According to the folks I spoke with, I am supposed to see the OBC in the cruise planner approximately two weeks before sail date.

Can anyone confirm or deny this with their experience?

When you filled out the form, you entered your reservation/booking number, right?

Look in your Cruise Planner and see if the amount shows up there.

Yes, I did enter my reservation number yesterday. I will go to my cruise planner now and see if its there.

Well, with this new :rolleyes:website I cant seem to find anything any more. Can someone please explain to me how to find the page where the onboard credit is???

I redeemed my Visa RCCL cruise points a month prior to my sailing in two weeks and within the week the OBC shows up when I open my cruise planner. I leave in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, with this new :rolleyes:website I cant seem to find anything any more. Can someone please explain to me how to find the page where the onboard credit is???

It should show up on the Cruise Planner main page.

OBC from Visa points is applied in the order of cruise date, so if your cruise is far in the future, it could be quite some time before you see the OBC.

Our cruise is in 10 days!! Still can't seem to find where the obc is located. I printed out the receipt / statement that I received through email and will bring it with us.

Our cruise is in 10 days!! Still can't seem to find where the obc is located. I printed out the receipt / statement that I received through email and will bring it with us.

When you sign into the Royal Caribbean website, you should see your cruise reservation. On the right you should see Cruise Planner.

Click on that. There should be a pop up that, well, pops up and says the OBC that you have. If not, look on the top line of that first page in the Cruise Planner.

If you don't see it in either place, go through the process of buying something. When you click "check out", you should see the option to pay with your OBC.

If all three of these things are negative, the OBC has not yet been entered into your reservation.

I redeemed points a few weeks ago for a mid September cruise. A few days ago, I received an email from Royal with an attached statement showing the added OBC. At first, I couldn't figure out why they sent another zero balance statement but after a closer look, I saw they had added the OBC. The OBC is also showing on my Cruise Planner.

Takes the FOREVER to apply the VISA OBC. That is one of the main things I don't like about the card. I redeemed my points MONTHS ago and still have not been applied. Cruise is end of Sept so guessing it will be at least another 6 weeks or so before I get to see it there. IMO the OBC should be applied as soon as you redeem your points.

I don't use the card anymore other than as a secondary emergency card. My regular CC gives me way better benefits than the Royal card does.

We just called (1-888-305-4626) to book our on board credit on both ctusies and they e mailed a receipt. For us this is important as in the past they told us on board that we didn't have any credit. The receipt ended that conversation and things went fine.

Crusin Nut

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We just received our OBC on our upcoming July 12 Adventure.  Like our March/April Visa OBC, It came less than 24 hours after we contacted the redemption folks.  Maybe a coincidence?  Once it shows up on our cruise, we get an email with an updated invoice that shows the OBC.  And then it appears on the cruise planner as available OBC.

6 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

Just checked out this card.  The sign on bonus is pretty cool but the rewards are not that tempting.  

There are certainly cards out there that have a better payback. With no annual fee, the RCI card is a good one to have. Sign up for the card and take advantage of the initial reward which is usually in the 15,000 point ($150) range. Use the card for any RCI expenses and you'll get double points for those purchases.

I recently redeemed points as well. My sailing is not until October, but when I called the agent let me know that they should be reflected on my planner two weeks prior to sailing and that if they do not show up to call them back. 

Also to note, I booked a Guaranteed Balcony Room and do not have a room assignment yet, which may be why I have to wait. 

Edited by Kayla103

As long as we're on the subject of redemption, its been awhile since I redeemed points. I want to redeem 50,000 points to get $500 off my cruise. Do I redeem the points before or after final payment. I remember after you redeem them you usually have to sail within a certain amount of time.

6 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

As long as we're on the subject of redemption, its been awhile since I redeemed points. I want to redeem 50,000 points to get $500 off my cruise. Do I redeem the points before or after final payment. I remember after you redeem them you usually have to sail within a certain amount of time.

You can do either.

However, if you think you will spend $500 onboard, then consider using the points for OBC.  Redeeming points for a discount is much less flexible than redeeming for a discount.  You can change categories and still retain your OBC.  However, if you change categories after applying the discount, you lose it because they apply that redemption as a one time discount to that category, and it won't transfer to another.

Also, OBC from Visa points is fully refundable, so you can get any unused OBC back as cash on the last day of the cruise.

Just to throw my experience into the mix, I applied points three different times for our cruise last January.  I applied points for a cruise discount about a week or ten days before final payment was due, and the discount was posted immediately.  I applied points twice for OBC, and they appeared about two weeks before sailing.  All points are applied based on the date of your cruise.  Since my final payment was due, the points for the discount were applied immediately.