Back2back discount???

Provence55always

Can anyone help me please. We are doing a B2B 7 days each leg. I rang Celebrity and they claim to know nothing about this $50 discount for each leg.....really feel annoyed!!

I booked through Celebrity and then transferred to my TA who also is not very helpful.

As suggested, there are often differences between US and International bookings relative to deposits, discounts, refundability, etc. If both the Celebrity office you are contacting and your travel agent are not aware of a B2B booking discount, then it may not apply in your case.

BTW, many lines don't offer a discount for B2B's as they view each itinerary as an individual booking with a separate reservation number that just happen to be on successive weeks on the same ship.

Can anyone help me please. We are doing a B2B 7 days each leg. I rang Celebrity and they claim to know nothing about this $50 discount for each leg.....really feel annoyed!!

I booked through Celebrity and then transferred to my TA who also is not very helpful.

At least in the US there isn't a problem getting a B2B discount. It varies with the length of the cruise. Call Celebrity again and talk to someone else. However eventually I think you'll need your TA to call Celebrity for the discount. We work with a Big Box retailer as our TA and they called Celebrity and got the discounts without a problem.

Good Luck

At least in the US there isn't a problem getting a B2B discount. It varies with the length of the cruise. Call Celebrity again and talk to someone else. However eventually I think you'll need your TA to call Celebrity for the discount. We work with a Big Box retailer as our TA and they called Celebrity and got the discounts without a problem.

Good Luck

"At least in the US" is the key phrase. While I agree with contacting Celebrity again for confirmation of this, the results you suggest may not be the case with the OP's booking. International booking rules do vary, and the B2B discount may not be applicable.

"At least in the US" is the key phrase. While I agree with contacting Celebrity again for confirmation of this, the results you suggest may not be the case with the OP's booking. International booking rules do vary, and the B2B discount may not be applicable.

Could be, but there is a previous thread from February 2018 and there were a couple of people from the UK that indicated they got B2B discounts of 64 and 32 pounds depending on the length of the cruise.

Could be, but there is a previous thread from February 2018 and there were a couple of people from the UK that indicated they got B2B discounts of 64 and 32 pounds depending on the length of the cruise.

Perhaps then if you know of the thread and can locate it, copy and paste the link here for the OP as additional information. If there are in fact discounts available for which they should be entitled, that thread may contain information that may be useful for them.

Perhaps then if you know of the thread and can locate it, copy and paste the link here for the OP as additional information. If there are in fact discounts available for which they should be entitled, that thread may contain information that may be useful for them.

See if this works:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2600341

All we ever do in is b2b in Europe since its a 10 hour flight from the west coast and I always get a $100 discount per b2b. These cruises are booked onboard so no idea why you didn't get the discount last year we booked a b2b2b2b2b and got the discount for each additional cruise.

I am in the US and booked a B2B but when I called for the discount I was told since I booked a "discounted" rate (senior rate), I could not get the B2B discount.

If you booked with Celebrity, I hope you called back and asked a different agent for the same B2B discount. There is little communications or consistency between the folks in Celebrity HQ.

We got the discount earlier this year .

Booked through Celebrity U.K. 8 nights followed by 7 nighys.

£32 per cruise.

Initially they said they did not know about it!

Then a different person gave it immediately.

Sandra

I am in the US and booked a B2B but when I called for the discount I was told since I booked a "discounted" rate (senior rate), I could not get the B2B discount.

We had been given similar excuses in the past as well. One agent even claimed that we were not eligible for it because we already had the maximum number of perks allowed.

Then someone (I don't remember who or I would be very happy to credit that person) told us to call the Captain's Club, and so we did.

Ever since then we have been calling the Captain's Club to get our B2B discounts applied, and have never again had a problem with getting them, no matter which category of discounted rate we had used for the booking.

It is certainly worth a try.

Their toll free US number is

1 800 760 0654

This is a really interesting thread and to be honest I have never heard of this 'perk' . We will be embarking Infinity at the beginning of September and doing a back to back. Obviously, our trips are all paid in full by this stage. Am I too late to mention this discount or is it worth a request to the Captains Club at celebrityonetouch.com. Nothing ventured - nothing gained springs to mind.

This is a really interesting thread and to be honest I have never heard of this 'perk' . We will be embarking Infinity at the beginning of September and doing a back to back. Obviously, our trips are all paid in full by this stage. Am I too late to mention this discount or is it worth a request to the Captains Club at celebrityonetouch.com. Nothing ventured - nothing gained springs to mind.

For us it has always been a discount and not OBC, but perhaps since you have already paid they will give you the OBC.

It seems like a reasonable request. Good luck.

I rang the Captain's Club this morning and spoke to Bonnie and she informed me that 34 pounds per cruise would be credited to my account so that 68 pounds....Happy Days:D.

Also we will be Elite after the 1st cruise and she told me we will receive all the benefits of Elite on the second cruise!

I still get the feeling if I did not follow this up myself that I would have missed out on the B2B discount.

Hope this information helps other cruisers.

Thanks again to everyone for all the information.

Also we will be Elite after the 1st cruise and she told me we will receive all the benefits of Elite on the second cruise!

Even though she told you this, I would still strongly recommend speaking with the Captain's Club host/ess on the ship about it sometime during the first few days of your first cruise.

S/he is the one who will make sure that it really happens for you and does not get overlooked.

Then when you receive your new seapass card for your 2nd cruise, it should already have your Elite status on it and you won't need to waste any time running around trying to get things corrected.

Good Luck

I called Captain's Club today to check if the B2B discount was applied to our Jan 2019 B2B and to our Jan 2020 B2B. The answer was that the discount had been automatically applied - no need to request it. I was told that a 7-9 day B2B get $50 per room per leg ($100 total for a B2B) and if over 9 days gets $100 discount per room per leg ($200 total for a B2B) . We are in the U.S.

That's great....was having difficulty until I called Captain's Club. Even my TA in Ireland know nothing about it....need to get a U.S. TA so unfair we seem to get none of the perks US OR Canadian cruisers get. When we book if price goes down before final payment we do not get the benefit. Anyway we are so lucky we can cruise and afford to do so:o