Anyone Tried the New AI Yet?

Eglesbrech

I was on the 21st July on the Azura. We got on at 1pm and headed straight to Brodie’s bar and purchased. It took them a while to put it on our account and they did apologise and said it was a new product. We had some on board spend which we did use towards the cost.

There were a few glitches on board, day 9 I was told that a Costa Cooler drink was no longer in my package when I was in Java. I explained I’ve been drinking these all holiday?! So I went to reception who said they are included in the package and went and informed Java that they were. We feel like some staff got trained on it more than others. Another incident was also on day 9, my mum ordered a coke to which the waiter said they are not included in the package - bottled soft drinks are not included. To which we explained again we’ve been drinking these all holiday. He then said Pepsi from the tap is included?!

The only snag which I find really bad is “premium drinks” are not included in the ultimate drinks package meaning I cannot have a smoothie or a J2O?!?! But I can order myself a tequila🤣 (we did know this before we purchased)

The feedback we have given is that P&O need a list of all brands/drinks that are included like RCCL/Celebrity. As well as the staff being more trained on what drinks are included.

Overall we didn’t quite get our money’s worth, but we mainly did it so we knew how much our bill was at the end. We didn’t want to keep checking our account and thinking the bill is getting a bit higher now we should slow it down.

They put stickers on your cruise cards so they can identify who’s got what package. And I saw loads of people with the same sticker as us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the 21st July on the Azura. We got on at 1pm and headed straight to Brodie’s bar and purchased. It took them a while to put it on our account and they did apologise and said it was a new product. We had some on board spend which we did use towards the cost.

There were a few glitches on board, day 9 I was told that a Costa Cooler drink was no longer in my package when I was in Java. I explained I’ve been drinking these all holiday?! So I went to reception who said they are included in the package and went and informed Java that they were. We feel like some staff got trained on it more than others. Another incident was also on day 9, my mum ordered a coke to which the waiter said they are not included in the package - bottled soft drinks are not included. To which we explained again we’ve been drinking these all holiday. He then said Pepsi from the tap is included?!

The only snag which I find really bad is “premium drinks” are not included in the ultimate drinks package meaning I cannot have a smoothie or a J2O?!?! But I can order myself a tequila🤣 (we did know this before we purchased)

The feedback we have given is that P&O need a list of all brands/drinks that are included like RCCL/Celebrity. As well as the staff being more trained on what drinks are included.

Overall we didn’t quite get our money’s worth, but we mainly did it so we knew how much our bill was at the end. We didn’t want to keep checking our account and thinking the bill is getting a bit higher now we should slow it down.

They put stickers on your cruise cards so they can identify who’s got what package. And I saw loads of people with the same sticker as us.

Thanks - at last a review from experience!

Don’t spose you noticed the prices or got any pics of the drinks menu’s?

Wondering if prices went up?

Great to hear from someone with first hand experience. Many thanks for posting. I had thought that the attraction may be the perceived 'certainty' of the final bill, but in reality it may end up costing people more or the saving would be insufficient to warrant the restrictions - all of which seems to be confirmed by your personal experience. Let's hope more people post. My hunch is that we may hear from those for whom it worked but but won't hear as much from those who realised that it hadn't been worth it, so thanks for your very honest appraisal. I guess that, unless someone tots it all up as they go, most will be unaware as to whether it was a good decision or not, which may not be a bad thing as once you've committed to it you probably just want to forget about it and enjoy the cruise!

It just doesn't seem worth it to me. We don't always drink the same amount each day, ie I often have a glass of wine in the bar and we have a bottle on the table at dinner which lasts a couple of days. Quite often my husband won't drink at all or will have a juice. Wouldn't work for us at all. Do you have to have 15 drinks a day to make it worth it? LOL

It just doesn't seem worth it to me. We don't always drink the same amount each day, ie I often have a glass of wine in the bar and we have a bottle on the table at dinner which lasts a couple of days. Quite often my husband won't drink at all or will have a juice. Wouldn't work for us at all. Do you have to have 15 drinks a day to make it worth it? LOL

Well clearly it is not worth it to you, nor to me probably, but in my opinion, having a system like this that people can choose to buy into is not a bad thing. If it encourages people to drink more, provided they don’t cause any trouble, so what? They are on their holidays and have paid for the privilege of over indulging.

Not for us either there is no way we would ever get anywhere near the cost of £1118-60 on drinks on a 14nt cruise so if we ever cruise again with P&O we would pay as you go like we used to do. Only ever had a fully inclusive drinks package and that was a freebie with Princess as compensation for "double charging" episode. It worked very well but we didnt drink anywhere near what it would have cost but there were no silly rules like on P&O if it cost below the price per drink limit doesnt matter what it was it was included i the package.

Well clearly it is not worth it to you, nor to me probably, but in my opinion, having a system like this that people can choose to buy into is not a bad thing. If it encourages people to drink more, provided they don’t cause any trouble, so what? They are on their holidays and have paid for the privilege of over indulging.

The voice of reason [emoji5]

Not for us either there is no way we would ever get anywhere near the cost of £1118-60 on drinks on a 14nt cruise so if we ever cruise again with P&O we would pay as you go like we used to do. Only ever had a fully inclusive drinks package and that was a freebie with Princess as compensation for "double charging" episode. It worked very well but we didnt drink anywhere near what it would have cost but there were no silly rules like on P&O if it cost below the price per drink limit doesnt matter what it was it was included i the package.

The Princess stated policy on packages look very similar to the P&O version. I suspect that is what they have copied. Only difference I could see was that you could have one person in a cabin with the deal and the restrictions on doubles was not there only a double spirit was more than the $12.00 limit.

We did not take the free package as there was a massive price drop worth far more than the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Princess stated policy on packages look very similar to the P&O version. I suspect that is what they have copied. Only difference I could see was that you could have one person in a cabin with the deal and the restrictions on doubles was not there only a double spirit was more than the $12.00 limit.

We did not take the free package as there was a massive price drop worth far more than the package.

When we asked on Crown Princess we were told as long as the drink is under $12 it was available and none of this silly 15 minutes between drinks and you cannot have large bottles of water, canned or premium bottled soft drinks, fresh juices and smoothies. Other than that it was exactly the same as P&O ;p;p;p

Edited by majortom10

We had many fruit juices, martinis and as for wine in the Vine Bar as soon as our glass was empty he was at our table with the bottle of wine asking if we wanted another one. Every night last thing we had a hot chocolate in International Cafe and then asked for a bottle of water at the bar and was given a litre bottle without asking and at the end of the cruise we didnt have one payment for any drinks.

When we asked on Crown Princess we were told as long as the drink is under $12 it was available and none of this silly 15 minutes between drinks and you cannot have large bottles of water, canned or premium bottled soft drinks, juices and smoothies. Other than that it was exactly the same as P&O ;p;p;p

On RCI you were restricted to a $12 limit per drink which excluded quite a number of wines as their prices were so expensive - it also excluded fruit smoothies and bottled mixers.

I think the 15 min rule isn’t something to get too riled up about - most people I know (and these are folks who like a drink) couldn’t keep that pace - it’s more a way to stop abuse of the package and people ‘buying’ drinks for others

I am not getting riled up about it as it doesnt apply on Princess cruises as soon as you finish your drink they ask you if you would like another. It is P&O who have the petty 15 minute between drinks and daiB is saying that Princess and P&O are the same when there is many differences. One other major difference is that American spirit measures are larger than the 25ml UK standard measure as served on P&O that is why there is no rule about doubles not being allowed.

I am not getting riled up about it as it doesnt apply on Princess cruises as soon as you finish your drink they ask you if you would like another. It is P&O who have the petty 15 minute between drinks and daiB is saying that Princess and P&O are the same when there is many differences. One other major difference is that American spirit measures are larger than the 25ml UK standard measure as served on P&O that is why there is no rule about doubles not being allowed.
As ever what is written down in cruise rules and what happens in reality are not the same.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

As we’re on the P&O forum I was clearly referring to the P&O rule of 15mins between drinks which you said was ‘petty’? I said it wasn’t an issue and was referring generally to people thinking this was a draconian measure - my view is that it isn’t a problem as many wouldn’t have a drink every 15 mins.

As we’re on the P&O forum I was clearly referring to the P&O rule of 15mins between drinks which you said was ‘petty’? I said it wasn’t an issue and was referring generally to people thinking this was a draconian measure - my view is that it isn’t a problem as many wouldn’t have a drink every 15 mins.

I agree but my comment was in reference to DaiB who stated that Princess drinks package is the same as P&O when it is clearly not. If I read correctly on P&O you have to wait 15 mins between drinks which IMO is petty when on Princess once you have finished your drink the waiters will straight away ask you if you would like another so therefore there is a difference, one of many, between P&Os and Princess drinks package.

I agree but my comment was in reference to DaiB who stated that Princess drinks package is the same as P&O when it is clearly not. If I read correctly on P&O you have to wait 15 mins between drinks which IMO is petty when on Princess once you have finished your drink the waiters will straight away ask you if you would like another so therefore there is a difference, one of many, between P&Os and Princess drinks package.
Isn't it 15 min between orders.So when the waiter put your 1st order thru the till and then took your order after you finished and then put the 2nd order thru the till,it could be well over 15min allowing for delivery and drinking time.Just wondering.

See my next comment, regarding what is written by the company is not what happen on the ship.

Isn't it 15 min between orders.So when the waiter put your 1st order thru the till and then took your order after you finished and then put the 2nd order thru the till,it could be well over 15min allowing for delivery and drinking time.Just wondering.

Yeah I would think so - time your order gets to the bar and then delivered to you is probably 10 mins! It’s to stop you ordering for others not on the package