(An American) Just Off Seaview in Europe .... Ask Away!

OceansOfTravels

Did you have an Italian theme night? wear red white green?

Not that I remember. But, I do remember white night and tropical night, as well as the elegant nights. I wish they had a nationalities day onboard where everyone wore the colors of their country, I always thought that would be cool.

Did you have an Italian theme night? wear red white green?

I was waiting to see what Ocean's experience was before rowing in as I haven't been on Seaview. But it's my experience on our last 5 cruises, at least, that Italian night has been replaced with Mediterranean night (except for US cruises, from what I can ascertain from reports/reviews on here). The "theme" really only extends to the menu which has dishes from various Med countries; the table runners and the waiters' aprons/dickie-bows are an olive-coloured green on the night.

I was waiting to see what Ocean's experience was before rowing in as I haven't been on Seaview. But it's my experience on our last 5 cruises, at least, that Italian night has been replaced with Mediterranean night (except for US cruises, from what I can ascertain from reports/reviews on here). The "theme" really only extends to the menu which has dishes from various Med countries; the table runners and the waiters' aprons/dickie-bows are an olive-coloured green on the night.

Yes, there was a Med themed dinner menu, and I cannot remember if there was a corresponding theme for a deck party that night. But there was a Med menu on the Seaview. And the menu we had did have very similar items to the one Beamafar provided.

• 1 month later...
Yes! You must pay for water and any other drink in the MDR. This was very annoying and one of my big complaints with this cruise. I had to pay 3,30Euro for each bottle, and I didn't understand why I couldn't just get tap water.

This is good to know. We are booked on the same itinerary for June 2019.

On Meravigilia and Musica, since there is no tap water, US passengers were given free bottled water in the MDR and buffet. Apparently only us Americans drink tap water?

I do not know why MSC did way with it. Bummer.

On Meravigilia and Musica, since there is no tap water, US passengers were given free bottled water in the MDR and buffet. Apparently only us Americans drink tap water?

I'm very surprised to hear this - especially as MSC is now including water, tea & coffee in the MDR for bookings from Ireland and the UK. :confused:

We are doing a cruise on the Sinfonia in Nov, with many of the same ports. We have never been to several of these ports and would love to see them, but we also would like to get 'out' and see some of the other, smaller towns that have been mentioned. Several people commented on catching a train, is that near the port, or how would we find out where the train station is and how do we get to it?

Did you met many of the other passengers and di most of them speak English?

Were you seated with Americans for dinner?

Cheers

Len

Was the bottled water automatic in the mdr or did you have to ask for it? How did you get it in the buffet?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I didn't on those 2 sailings. It was notated in our reservation that we get free bottled water for lunch and dinner in MDR and Buffet.

Why? Were you not able to get the bottled water?

Hoping its noted in my reservation but don't see it anywhere. When I sailed Divina and Seaside (both Caribbean) had the most difficult time getting tap water in mdr. I'm fine with tap water on upcoming cruise (based on what you said may not be an option)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

True, I always like it in the US that we get water in restaurants with our meal. At least here in Germany (and in other European countries as well) it is not common to get free (tap) water automatically. You can of course ask for a glass of tap water but I hardly ever see anyone doing it. :)

First 2 questions.....how many elegant nights are there ? And are the men wearing suits? It seems that there are two Buffets - what's the difference between them ?

Now two comments,,,,, in Malta it is uphill to the actual city of Valletta but there is a panaromic lift about 5/10 min walk from where the ship docks. It leads to the Barakka Gardens with a lovely view of the Grand Harbour.

Second - next year the Sea view will not be cruising the Med. It will be replaced by the new Bellissima.

Thanks for all your information (will be on the Seaview next month)

next year the Sea view will not be cruising the Med. It will be replaced by the new Bellissima.

The Seaview will still be sailing the Med just a different itinerary to this year !! (I am booked on her )

The Bellissima will also be sailing the Med on the same itinerary as the Seaview has this year !!