Transportation from the Summit (Cape Liberty) to JFK?

gerelmx

I just saw the dailies that posted PiratessLooksAt40, Summit to Bermuda, and I wonder if Celebrity offers transportation to the JFK airport? Our flight is Sunday Oct 21 AAXYZ to DFW at 2:55 pm, what other options do I have to get to the airport on time?

16d230d9c635d40c3b78fb07ebdb7a25.jpg

I just saw the dailies that posted PiratessLooksAt40, Summit to Bermuda, and I wonder if Celebrity offers transportation to the JFK airport? Our flight is Sunday Oct 21 AAXYZ to DFW at 2:55 pm, what other options do I have to get to the airport on time?

I am not aware of any transfers to any airport other than EWR from Cape Liberty. I would suggest that you post your question in the East Coast Departures board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415) as the folks there would be most familiar with what is offered and the best way to navigate NYC.

Steve

We used Dial 7 to go from Manhattan to Liberty port, and to a train station a number of times. Excellent transportation and cheaper than any ship transfer or others I checked....which isn’t all of them.

Den

Definitely check the East Coast Departures board, don't think they would run transportation to JFK since its the most inconvenient airport to fly into or out of for Cape Liberty. People at East Coast Departures board will help.

We were on Summit last September for Canada itinerary out of Cape Liberty. On disembarkation day, for late flights out of both JFK and EWR , NYC city tours with airport drop off and luggage handling were offered as shore excursions. We had a good tour, some walking at 9/11 World Trade Center Memorial, and afternoon drop. Shore excursions were either jfk or EWR bus tour with onboard narration by guide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Summit earlier this summer, and what I remember for disembarkation shuttle service offered by Celebrity is the information posted by "gerelmex." We flew out of Newark, and used Dial 7 for transportation from Cape Liberty to the Newark airport. We were very pleased with Dial 7, and will definitely use them in the future. But I agree that this question should be posted on the East Coast Departures CC forum as the regular posters there will have the inside information.

Just a note, transport from Cape Liberty to JFK. could be costly.

We had a park and stay at a hotel in Staten Island pre cruise. My DH did not want to take the hotel shuttle to the pier,so we opted for a cab.

Fare was $60 plus tip. That was for an approximate 20 minute trip.

The distance from the pier to JFK is significantly longer.

I have three suggestions- 1- take the post cruise excursion that includes a tour of parts of NYC with a drop off at JFK, 2- change your flights to arrive at Newark airport, which is the closest airport to Cape Liberty.

3- call car services such as Dial 7 or Carmel to give you a quote for the drive to JFK.