Suitcase space in DB cabins

Kitco

Hi, I’m travelling as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) and all of us sharing a DB cabin. Just realised that if we all have a suitcase each, are they all going to fit in the cabin or shall we see if the ship has any storage? We are going on the Regal Princess. Thanks in advance [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For our long cruise this past winter (extra bags and larger), we used UTB for the first time. When we cruise Caribbean with carry-ons, we usually have stacked them in the closet area, but UTB works great as there is good height room under there.

How about just putting them under the BED

With four cruisers and only one real bed, it may need to be set up as twins for the passengers 3 and 4 to get up in the bunk, there may not be sufficient room. Thus the need to nest.

Thanks for your advice people, who helped greatly in enabling me to understand how to store FOUR cases in one cabin. Of course I am not dense enough not to know to store them under the bed, but being a first time cruiser, and the fact I don’t normally store cases under beds in hotels, I really appreciated any extra advice.

In a DB cabin with two kids in their own beds will require the floor level bed to be split into two single beds so that the upper bunks are accessible. If the suitcases are not too large (short side width) they can lay flat under the beds. Be aware that the ship often stores extra bedding under the beds taking up space. The only other alternative is the closet area where they can be put on the floor under the hangers. I don't think Princess will allow pax to store suitcases outside the stateroom. Rule of the day is to think small in packing and don't bring your entire wardrobe. Often quoted on here is to put all your clothes to bring on the bed, take half of it and put it back, then pack the other half for the cruise.

Thanks, I definitely won’t overpack and might just bring 3 cases instead of 4. And I wouldn’t normally unpack the entire wardrobe first either :)

It’s hard to visualise the kids beds and how it all unfolds, so might just find a video to find out before we go!

Thanks, I definitely won’t overpack and might just bring 3 cases instead of 4. And I wouldn’t normally unpack the entire wardrobe first either :)

It’s hard to visualise the kids beds and how it all unfolds, so might just find a video to find out before we go!

Or bring 2 mediums that will nest inside the 2 larger ones.

Three of us use 2 large suitcases, which we usually store in the closet, side by side, opened. I usually hang some clothes in the closet, but the rest of it doesn't wrinkle, and we find it more convenient to just fish out what we need out of the suitcases.

Cruise ship beds don't have a box spring; the mattress rests on a metal frame, like kids bunk-beds. Saves weight, offers storage space, easier to vacuum under and less inviting to bed bugs (which can't climb metal)

There's not enough room for the big hard-sided cases to fit when closed, but if left open they'll slide under like drawers.

In some cabins, the life vests take up a ton of space in the closet -- we look for room to cram them up into the very top of the closet, into the bottom-most cubby, anywhere to free up valuable space.

They generally store the extra bedspreads under the bed so if it feels your cases are not going under just check if they are in the way. If you do not need to access the suitcase during the cruise just leave them on the bed and the cabin steward will take care of them. Where do they go??? :confused: They will return the day before you disembark.