Soda Package Question

I purchased the soda package years ago and am considering doing so again. They used to put a sticker on the SeaPass card and one could simply go to a bar or pretty much any place on the ship and get a fountain soda just by showing the card. Looking at the website, it states the following: :"Your complimentary Coca-Cola souvenir cup can be used at bars and lounges, or while dining at the Windjammer cafe or main dining room."

I have no interest in walking around the ship with a big souvenir cup. Did they change the method or do they still put the sticker on the SeaPass card as an alternative to using the souvenir cup?

Yes. You only need to use the cup if your ship has a freestyle machine with a ton of different flavors. There is a chip in the bottom of the cup which activates t machines. If you just want a glass of the limited flavors available at the bars, your card is all you need.

A sticker is placed on your SeaPass card if you buy the soda package on the ship. if you pay for the package before you board, the soda package is printed on the card. No need to carry around the souvenir cup unless you intend to use the freestyle soda machine.

Good news that I don’t need to walk around with the souvenir cup. Thank you for the replies.

And yes, the Anthem does have the Freestyle machines. Windjammer (Deck 14), Sorrento's (Deck 4), and some place else I can't remember.