Must-go restaurants in Miami

jabils360

Hello all,

I'm staying in Miami the night before my cruise departs, and want to get a great meal the night before. So, I'd love to see recommendations of must-go-to restaurants in the Miami area that are not necessarily fancy, but have fantastic food and service. Being from Tampa, I'm talking about something of the caliber of Bern's Steakhouse, Armani's, Ruth's Chris, Charley's, Capital Grill, Council Oak, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

Hello all,

I'm staying in Miami the night before my cruise departs, and want to get a great meal the night before. So, I'd love to see recommendations of must-go-to restaurants in the Miami area that are not necessarily fancy, but have fantastic food and service. Being from Tampa, I'm talking about something of the caliber of Bern's Steakhouse, Armani's, Ruth's Chris, Charley's, Capital Grill, Council Oak, etc, etc.

Always loved Joe’s Stone Crabs; it’s a busy place when stone crabs are available - be prepared to tip the Maitre d’ to get a table. Have the key lime pie after the stone crabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Always loved Joe’s Stone Crabs; it’s a busy place when stone crabs are available - be prepared to tip the Maitre d’ to get a table. Have the key lime pie after the stone crabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you for your excellent recommendation! While I'd definitely like to check it out, unfortunately they are closed until October 12th, and we'll be arriving on September 2nd (cruise leaves on the 3rd). Will have to make a trip there when they are open, though, even if it is a 4.5 hour one-way drive from Tampa =)

What area are you staying in?

We have so many great places. Are you looking for steak, seafood?!

We're staying right by the Airport, so within 25-30 minutes drive of that area would be preferable. And D) All of the above! Steak, seafood, Italian, etc: all recommendations welcome! =)

ONLY because you mentioned Bern's am I replying ..... as many of the others on you list are chain places (Ruth C)

For steak the original Shula's is a destination but not up to Bern's IMO

many who come to Miami for a visit want a quick dose of CUBAN and from the airport area the most known place is close by

http://www.versaillesrestaurant.com/

personally I ask the desk person where they grab a quick bite near by .... and find a local mom and pop with the BEST Cuban food.

Miami Spice Month runs through September 30. It’s a fantastic way to have lunch or dinner, at a fixed price, at some of the best restaurants in Miami / Miami Beach.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month

Some of my faves are Seaspice, Area 31, Bazaar, River Yacht Club .... and so much more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all,

Take a look at Truluck's. It's on Brickell.

It is in the same caliber you mentioned.

It has seafood and beef.

It has locations in Florida and Texas. Not lots and does a superb job.

I have eaten at the one on Brickell three times. Loved it.

Keith

CRUST!!!!! If you don't LOVE it, I will pay for it:

One of the best restaurants I have been to in my life. It goes back and forth to #1 and #2 as the best restaurant in Miami..on Trip Advisor.

I agree, it is a great little gem of a restaurant. I believe it is on the Miami Spice list too!

How much do you want to spend and how adventurous are you? I think the best restaurant in Miami, by far, is NAOE - and it's probably the best Japanese restaurant in North America. If Miami had Michelin ratings, it would probably be the only 3 star.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations: keep them coming!

How much do you want to spend and how adventurous are you? I think the best restaurant in Miami, by far, is NAOE - and it's probably the best Japanese restaurant in North America. If Miami had Michelin ratings, it would probably be the only 3 star.

This also looks good, will have to investigate it!

Take a look at Truluck's. It's on Brickell.

It is in the same caliber you mentioned.

It has seafood and beef.

It has locations in Florida and Texas. Not lots and does a superb job.

I have eaten at the one on Brickell three times. Loved it.

Keith

I have reservations there Dec 6th. It has a great reputation...

We will be staying in the Blue Lagoon area and would like to go to a Steak place close to the hotel. I don't like driving at night so 5 to 10 miles tops.

I have looked at 94th Aero Squadron and that might be where we end up. Just not sure about the quality of the restaurant.

We will be staying in the Blue Lagoon area and would like to go to a Steak place close to the hotel. I don't like driving at night so 5 to 10 miles tops.

I have looked at 94th Aero Squadron and that might be where we end up. Just not sure about the quality of the restaurant.

You may want to rephrase your driving distance in minutes. We don't talk about driving in miles around here! Reason being, 10 miles would get you to South Beach, but I'm guessing you are not wanting to drive that far?

94th Aero is a great choice if you want something close by. If you don't mind a little extra drive, we have a Smith and Wollensky at South Pointe in Miami Beach. It's an incredible location, if you go early enough and ships are in port, you will see ships leaving. It's right smack on the water all by itself. Really incredible location and I think worth the drive, nothing quite like it. You can go for a nice walk before or after dinner as well. It's about a 25 - 30 minute drive. Use Google Maps for the time you would think about going just to double check traffic.

Our MUST every time we are in Miami is Cipriani's. Best Italian food I've had and amazing service. It can be rather pricey depending on what you order.

In April we also found a little place in Brickell, Delores but you can call me Lolita. Great outdoor dining space and excellent food and drinks.

You also probably cannot go wrong with Joe's. We are lucky enough to have one here so we've always skipped it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trulucks is amazing! I have eaten at both the Trulucks in Naples and here on Brickell more times than I can count and it’s always amazing.

In the Brickell/Downtown area.

Toscana Divino

Boulud Sud

Bazaar Mar

Zest

Where in the world is there a Joe's Stone Crab other than Miami Beach?

Lol. They are confusing it with Joes Crab Shack I bet. They would be in for quite a surprise if they visited the real Joe's.

Where in the world is there a Joe's Stone Crab other than Miami Beach?

In 2000, a partnership was born between the Sawitz/Weiss family and renowned restaurateur Richard Melman, founder of Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises (LEYE). Based in Chicago, LEYE, is one of the nation’s leading independent restaurant groups, owning, managing and licensing nearly 100 establishments. Together they opened Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab in Chicago, a restaurant featuring a selection of prime steaks, quality seafood and the signature dishes of Joe’s Stone Crab. The restaurant quickly built a reputation as one of the most popular restaurants in Chicago.

In 2004, Joe’s premiered in Las Vegas at The Forum Shops at Caesars and soon became one of the most sought after dining destinations on the Strip. In 2014, Joe’s opened in our nation’s capital at 750 15th Street NW, Washington, DC, just steps from the White House.

http://joes.net/

Hello all,

Came across your post and it brought back memories of at trip to Miami many years ago. We were looking for an upscale restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and asked the concierge for a suggestion . He quickly said " The Forge "

I'm not sure that is as good today as it was then but will say we have been to many of the restaurants you mentioned and would rate as good or better than anyone of them.

You may want to check it out. It is located on First St in Miami Beach

CRUST!!!!! If you don't LOVE it, I will pay for it:

One of the best restaurants I have been to in my life. It goes back and forth to #1 and #2 as the best restaurant in Miami..on Trip Advisor.

It looks fantastic:)...they just opened it in 2015...….no wonder I have not tried it...….the last time I sailed out of Miami was prior to that date...…..next time I sail from there I will be trying it!!!

Any thoughts on Rusty Pelican ?

I went there with a friend who lives in the southern part of Miami......it was a beautiful day, the venue is outstanding and the seafood was delicious.:D…...if you go when it is not so hot outside, it is even better...…It is located on Key Biscayne and right on the Bay:)