Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

More good vaccine news/progress this am.  Getting closer, but still many months to go for these current types of "lock-down", etc., before any type of return to me for of "normal"??!!  

Nice and sunny here in Central Ohio.  But cooler.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

2078533972_ScreenShot2020-11-16at10_45_20AM.thumb.png.ba12700788a8553f1abaeaef5e359f1b.png

777034260_ScreenShot2020-11-16at10_45_37AM.thumb.png.627d6ff6fff72d4921d7a462b847c441.png

On 11/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, Fletcher said:

I took this shot last Friday - about half a mile from our house . . . 

IMG_1258.jpg

I agree with Mysty, magical, and a great picture Jeff.

Going to offer up this picture of our street just past our house.  Your photo reminded me to look around and see things a little brighter today.

image.png.d9ac3b222634d10e9eee8c937bad760a.png

• Like 1

Hi folks,  it is a really nice day here....around 70 and sunny🙂 This is one of those multiple

Dr's appts weeks for me...tomorrow is the Periodontist for a good cleaning of the pearly 

whites/gums...Wednesday is my quarterly visit to the Hematologist for blood work.

Then I have an additional visit to Quest for more blood work (later in the week) from the 

Nephrologist.    If it is not one thing............

And for the first time in my life I have been researching health care from the Government.

Since retirement I have been on Cobra but as of 2021 it is much cheaper for me to find a plan

through Obamacare.   It is a lot different finding something on your own.  (I have always

had insurance through my employer).   I have gone through the process and am all signed up

and found something for much less $.   Since my income will be way less than when I worked

I am also eligible for a credit🙂.  So that is a good thing too.  I cannot be without Health

Insurance and am not old enough for Medicare.  So getting that taken care of is important. 

A message to all labradors:

If you run through muddy fields then roll in a still steaming pile of horse poo, mummy and daddy will put you in the shower, scrub you with dog shampoo and then wrap you tightly in a drying coat:

IMG-20201108-WA0009.thumb.jpg.be53a62deb6bececf8b7ba96a1c6c07b.jpg

You have been warned! 

And its no use hiding:

IMG-20201109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4774a920cfc00a15041ccd518f9b3a0a.jpg

IMG-20201108-WA0009.jpg

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

You are correct.  All we need to feel better is to look out the window.

This is a photo of our driveway yesterday.

20201115_123105.thumb.jpg.9eaf4f5486eceae335e6dc73ec780307.jpg

That delivery would me smile brightly too Flying!  😁

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

A message to all labradors:

If you run through muddy fields then roll in a still steaming pile of horse poo, mummy and daddy will put you in the shower, scrub you with dog shampoo and then wrap you tightly in a drying coat:

IMG-20201108-WA0009.thumb.jpg.be53a62deb6bececf8b7ba96a1c6c07b.jpg

You have been warned! 

And its no use hiding:

IMG-20201109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.4774a920cfc00a15041ccd518f9b3a0a.jpg

IMG-20201108-WA0009.jpg

FB_IMG_1605553464866.jpg.edc96dc62e65713b1b1504cf3ab6900f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We are surrounded on all sides by field crops. Right now we have potato picking in the field to the west, deep ploughing to the north and east and the southern field has a cabbage crop ready to harvest. 

The tarmac of our lane is now under about 3 inches of mud. I used to wonder why people in the flattest county in England drove 4x4s. Now I know. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

You are correct.  All we need to feel better is to look out the window.

This is a photo of our driveway yesterday.

20201115_123105.thumb.jpg.9eaf4f5486eceae335e6dc73ec780307.jpg

Now that's something to cheer about! Enjoy it (hope it lasts longer than a week).

• Like 2

Wife had to work late tonight, dinner soon.  Trying roasties again with pan fried Alaskan rockfish and a can of DelMonte green beans (sorry, but I don't want to overextend).  After reviewing previous posts, I think I'm going to miss the mark again.  What do you use to feather the edges of the spuds?  Pan fry or oven bake?

I'm thinking I need to spend a week in the UK sometime soon to taste how good they really can be, get in touch better with our mother country, and learn a few things.  Love you UK folks hanging in on this forum.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Wife had to work late tonight, dinner soon.  Trying roasties again with pan fried Alaskan rockfish and a can of DelMonte green beans (sorry, but I don't want to overextend).  After reviewing previous posts, I think I'm going to miss the mark again.  What do you use to feather the edges of the spuds?  Pan fry or oven bake?

I'm thinking I need to spend a week in the UK sometime soon to taste how good they really can be, get in touch better with our mother country, and learn a few things.  Love you UK folks hanging in on this forum.

Par boil them QSS then drain them, chuck them back into the pan and give them a real rufty tufty shake. Add the goose fat/dripping/lard or butter, S&p, fresh rosemary and thyme and shake again until coated then pop them into the roasting tray. Looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2