Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, loves to claim the UK as world leading, world beating . . . we're the first, the best.  Well, we are now world beating again . . . we have Covid-19.2 and it's proving to be very popular.  Everyone in London has it.  So in a fit of jealous rage, many countries are preventing us from exporting it to a waiting world by stopping flights and closing Dover.  

Edited by Fletcher

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

Our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, loves to claim the UK as world leading, world beating . . . we're the first, the best.  Well, we are now world beating again . . . we have Covid-19.2 and it's proving to be very popular.  Everyone in London has it.  So in a fit of jealous rage, many countries are preventing us from exporting it to a waiting world by stopping flights and closing Dover.  

YES!!  Following with interest that new, faster-spreading variation of Covid in the UK.  Understand that Christmas is being "shut-down" there in the UK!!  Right??  Will follow with interest and hope for the best.  

Fortunately, here in the U.S., the second vaccine has been approved and is starting to be distributed.  The next group to be getting it will be for priority workers (teachers, prison security, front-line grocery, etc.), plus those age 75+.  Getting closer for my "younger" age category??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1155542792_ScreenShot2020-12-21at7_59_33AM.thumb.png.81f523f32a48541e3caa9d010a4ea4d0.png

Not ideal weather coming up for later this week in parts of the U.S.  Good news?  Some will have a white Christmas.  For others?  Rain, cold, etc.   

From the AccuWeather this morning, they had this headline: “Drenching rain, gusty winds, thunderstorms eye East for Christmas Eve” with these highlights: “While a large winter storm will usher in a blast of Arctic air into the eastern U.S. around the holiday this week, heavy rain, gusty winds and even some locally strong thunderstorms will threaten to dampen the holiday first.  'A potent storm will slowly move across much of the eastern U.S. Christmas Eve during the day and on Christmas itself,' explained AccuWeather Meteorologist Jessica Storm.”

Everyone ready for winter and Christmas?  Will it be better in Florida and the South?  See their projected weather map below. 

Full story at:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/severe-weather/drenching-rain-gusty-winds-thunderstorms-eye-east-for-christmas-eve/870610

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1706907581_ScreenShot2020-12-21at8_17_43AM.thumb.png.638940330eb7e9fb903986b5159f4bc3.png

12 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Dose #1 of Moderna vaccine is in! Let's crush this COVID-19 virus! 

20201221_135836.thumb.jpg.736e7a047f22220aa3bfa101a5cfea6c.jpg

Yay science! Amazing to live in a time where we have the technology to make a vaccine this quickly. 

Is that it in the orange jug sitting beside you?  

25 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Yay science! Amazing to live in a time where we have the technology to make a vaccine this quickly. 

Yea!!!!!👍😀🙂

• Thanks 1

I try very hard to stay positive and optimistic.   Those attitudes are being put to the test now.   The Grinch is giving us a sliver of Christmas before locking us down from Boxing Day until at least January 23.  Non-essential businesses must close.  Restaurants can not offer indoor dining.   Social interaction without social distancing is restricted to the people you live with.  School closures to be extended after Christmas break.  Our little piece of the province has a total of 5 cases and yet the restrictions are in place for the whole province.   Our glorious plans to usher in a brighter and more sparkling New Year have gone up in smoke!  I will get over this!  I just need a few minutes  (and a cocktail) to wallow in disappointment!  Sorry to spread my gloom! :classic_sad:

29 minutes ago, mysty said:

I try very hard to stay positive and optimistic.   Those attitudes are being put to the test now.   The Grinch is giving us a sliver of Christmas before locking us down from Boxing Day until at least January 23.  Non-essential businesses must close.  Restaurants can not offer indoor dining.   Social interaction without social distancing is restricted to the people you live with.  School closures to be extended after Christmas break.  Our little piece of the province has a total of 5 cases and yet the restrictions are in place for the whole province.   Our glorious plans to usher in a brighter and more sparkling New Year have gone up in smoke!  I will get over this!  I just need a few minutes  (and a cocktail) to wallow in disappointment!  Sorry to spread my gloom! :classic_sad:

I just read that! Welcome to the club. Still not as bad as the UK, I think?

• Like 1

Apparently the Covid-19.2  has arrived in Australia with two people from the UK in mandatory hotel quarantine in Sydney.   I’m sure the authorities will do everything in their power to keep it confined. 
Our Christmas plans are going ahead as we have rented a farm house a few hours from Melbourne and we don’t have to cross any state borders.

Friends are not so lucky, like many others planning a Sydney holiday, as there will be a 14 day quarantine on their return.  

Sydney has had a new cluster of COVID and after all states being pretty free of community spread everyone is very disappointed.  It spread from hotel quarantine of a returning Australian traveller. 
The real dilemma is the thousands of Australians trying to return home and some testing positive once in quarantine. Victoria had a 2nd wave with many deaths after COVID spread from quarantine hotels in June.  We have had over a month of no community transmission after a very hard lockdown for people in Melbourne. 
It does work Mysty, so hang in there!!  
Many  thanks to all here at the cooler as it has been a bright spot for me. You are all in my thoughts in this horrible time. 
Stay safe and although our Christmas and New Year will be very different than other years, enjoy it as much as you can. I’m hoping to see and hear what everyone is cooking on Christmas Day. 
Jill

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Yay for you! I can't wait to get ours!

When does Chris get hers?

Tomorrow we get our booster Shingrex shots.

Just hit the send button on our next Empire Wine order.  Can't wait till Thursday!

• Like 1