To its pre-ordained place in the stars.
And I gaze at the planets in wonderment –
At the trouble and time they spend
Just to warn me to be careful

In dealings involving a friend.

--Flanders & Swann

And you wax poetic Jazz!  Nicely done! 😁

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Very weird!  We are listening right now to a program on Bob Dylan's 1960's music on Vermont Public Radio.

And the Times, they are a changing...........

• Like 1

About a year ago, watching the pandemic unfold, I recall considerable fear (expressed in media) that the food chain in US would collapse.  We have two big freezers, full of frozen food we prepared (chili verde pork, minestrone, various curries, buffalo chili, beef bourginon, soups, broths, etc).  Also considerable pantry with lots of flour and pasta, dried beans, and canned goods.  Also keep chickens and bees, and have huge garden, and store lots of frozen veggies we raise.  That fear seemed to pass, people stopped hoarding TP.  However, in reality, the Coronavirus is killing people off at a much greater rate now, so in truth - one should be more worried now about food supply.  I think we will mostly survive, and with familiarity with the problem, worry seems to be down about the fundamentals, like can I buy food at the market.  But it does serve to remind you not to take for granted much of anything.  Meanwhile, when can we plan on another SS cruise where we can decide which of 8 great dining venues we want to visit, whilst plowing through some far flung seas??  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

About a year ago, watching the pandemic unfold, I recall considerable fear (expressed in media) that the food chain in US would collapse.

At that time I watched with humor at the 'crazy people' stocking up on toilet paper etc.  But it recently hit me:  if you are exposed to someone with Covid [even if you never get it] you are expected to quarantine in your home for 14 days.  We don't do take-out or supermarket delivery.  We tend to have a well-stocked larder, but 14 days???  I know we could avail ourselves of those delivery options, and we have plenty of friends and neighbors who would leave food on our porch – but I'm not laughing at the 'hoarders' so much anymore...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mysty said:

I think weather forecasting is about as reliable as reading goose entrails!  Much like many other kinds of forecasts!  Eye witness testimony is more reliable for me!  😁

Haha, is that a Canadian thing? I Think I'll stick with my trusty pine cone. 

• Haha 1

For us in Central Ohio, AccuWeather and our local TV forecasters nailed it perfectly in warning us about the overnight snow storm.  Need proof and real evidence??  See below my iPhone pix from our front door down looking to our driveway and the ravine that I just snapped.  

Notice the deer out exploring this morning in the roadway?  Real snow!!  On NBC's Today Show this am, their weather person said about a third of the country would be affected.  New England will experience "IT" in a hard way.  It's coming!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

IMG_5723.jpeg.2805291ee407bea4f94e5eecf34c1f37.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mysty said:

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.  😁 

Cute comment above  by our Canada friend.  We'll soon see what happens for New York City, New England, etc.  Below is what AccuWeather is predicting now as to what is ahead for New York City.  Sounds like a big storm to hit there, etc.  

Personally as we have planned over the years for various major trip to SE Asia, Africa, the Amazon, New Zealand, South Pacific, etc., I have checked and compared the forecasts for AccuWeather versus The Weather Channel.  I have found AccuWeather to be much better in their performance and very helpful in preparing us for what would be happening.  This is just my many years of personal experiences and detailed monitoring for what it is worth.  Also, I have known and worked with some of our local TV weather personnel in Central Ohio and been impressed by their always improving technology and  the skills they have and do display on a daily basis.  It's not always perfect, but the science is fairly accurate and always improving.    AND, mostly accurate!!

From AccuWeather, here is their upcoming forecast for New York City: 

1321156321_ScreenShot2021-01-31at8_47_36AM.thumb.png.8bbe6ee6d596b523f290c6bb5791f286.png

2 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Good Morning... Our part of Maryland (Northern/Western) is expecting 11" out of this winter gift!   Stay Safe....  Joseph

YES, Joseph, your part of NW Maryland is beautiful!!  From many drives back and forth along Interstate 68, we have super enjoyed that scenic part of the USA.  Good luck with your upcoming snow storm.  

From the New York this morning, they had this headline: “Powerful snowstorm could dump over a foot of snow on NYC” with these highlights: “A  monster storm is set to pummel the metro area Monday with as much as a foot and a half of snow, bringing ferocious winds with it, forecasters said.  The Big Apple can expect to see flurries starting Sunday night that will intensify throughout Monday and into Tuesday, bringing 14 to 18 inches of snow, the National Weather Service said.  'By the time most people get up tomorrow morning, it will be snowing,' Accuweather senior meteorologist Dan Pydynowski told The Post.”

Soon we will find out what really happens for the New York area, the East Coast, New England, etc.  

Full story at:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/nyc-braces-for-snowstorm-that-could-bring-a-foot-of-snow/

From a 2018 picture, here was what the NY Post was posting to predict how things might look soon in NYC.:

1111423981_ScreenShot2021-01-31at2_01_57PM.thumb.png.bac9966f7a44e1a04b16d6b8444dd543.png

21 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Jupiter is passing through Orion
And moving to conjunction with Mars.
Saturn is wheeling through infinite space
To its pre-ordained place in the stars.
And I gaze at the planets in wonderment –
At the trouble and time they spend
Just to warn me to be careful

In dealings involving a friend.

--Flanders & Swann

My father was a great fan of Flanders and Swann and I had the opportunity to see them live several times!  

• Like 2