Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

35 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

When we originally posted this last year, we included the title with the picture.

But for COVID brains missing the original caption gave us an interesting challenge!  All good! 😁

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

And all this time I thought it was SpongeBob SquareSink, with a side of mayo....

Ya gotta be pretty swift on the uptake to keep up with this crowd, boy howdy!!  

Thankfully I – and my kids – are old enough that that reference goes completely over my head! 🤣

• Haha 1

I miss the great food posts, hope they return.

As either Aristotle or F Rabelais first said "Nature abhors a vacuum"  Myself  had a couple of baking firsts today.   Made my first loaf of sourdough bread and my first made at home dog biscuits.  Bread from scratch, the dog treats from a mix (believe it or not) provided by King Arthur Flour, Vermont, USA.

694951966_breadandbiscuits.jpg.f78ecdf2914a3a6238edea5331b632f1.jpg

Hope you can tell them apart.  Bread did not rise sufficiently but tasted pretty good.  Fortunately, dogs seem not to care a whit about appearance and will eat most anything 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I miss the great food posts, hope they return.

As either Aristotle or F Rabelais first said "Nature abhors a vacuum"  Myself  had a couple of baking firsts today.   Made my first loaf of sourdough bread and my first made at home dog biscuits.  Bread from scratch, the dog treats from a mix (believe it or not) provided by King Arthur Flour, Vermont, USA.

694951966_breadandbiscuits.jpg.f78ecdf2914a3a6238edea5331b632f1.jpg

Hope you can tell them apart.  Bread did not rise sufficiently but tasted pretty good.  Fortunately, dogs seem not to care a whit about appearance and will eat most anything 🙂

Bread looks delicious Que!  And so do the dog biscuits!  

• Thanks 1

I was scrolling through some of the other boards.......all kinds of postings about everything........especially vaccines.....and now that it looks like cruises will really be starting up soon, it is kind of funny reading about how many cruises some folks have booked. One guy said they decided to book 16 at once.  He had a bunch of cruises that were cancelled since the beginning of the virus and they decided to just book....book....book...........wow.

I have 4 booked.........July, Oct, Dec and March...........that is enough for me right now🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

I was scrolling through some of the other boards.......all kinds of postings about everything........especially vaccines.....and now that it looks like cruises will really be starting up soon, it is kind of funny reading about how many cruises some folks have booked. One guy said they decided to book 16 at once.  He had a bunch of cruises that were cancelled since the beginning of the virus and they decided to just book....book....book...........wow.

I have 4 booked.........July, Oct, Dec and March...........that is enough for me right now🙂

^^^^ The reason why inventory-based pricing algorithms jack up the price of a cruise unnecessarily. At least UK/European cruisers cannot do that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It was actually W. H. Hoover, speaking of his dog 'Nature.'  :classic_biggrin:

Only took me two seconds to get that one, Jazzbeau, and I love it,  but I did feel completely stupid about the sink and mayo - until I saw the wording.

Keep up the good work, everyone; when your brain is as dozy as mine it is stimulating to see funnies which need interpretation.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Lola

• Like 2

Alsatian Flammeküche (tarte flambée) for dinner. Not quite authentic as I was missing one ingredient, but tasty just the same.

20210508_164231.thumb.jpg.337a4204118576e4df64257e1ee4326c.jpg

20210508_165335.thumb.jpg.534ee0136881c5dd15e5e80e6566231a.jpg

It went well with an Alsatian Gewürztraminer. 

20210508_170449.thumb.jpg.53f661a0d1cd6a4b0ed60d5b96ec1569.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 6

Good morning, I echo Mysty and wish all of you Mom's, Grandma's, Step Mom's--or whatever role you are in this world of a caregiver a 

Happy-Mothers-Day-message-on-a-wooden-heart-next-to-a-yellow-flower-blog-image_b  - Rossi Honda

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I echo Mysty and wish all of you Mom's, Grandma's, Step Mom's--or whatever role you are in this world of a caregiver

YES!!!   Happy Mother's Day.  It's rainy here, but we are trying to enjoy this special and important day.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image1.jpeg.80ec980181d0bccc14cfb6e317a4bac6.jpeg

• Like 2

It’s been a fun and busy Mother’s Day weekend.  

Started off Friday night with poached halibut in a white wine, vidalia onion, roma tomato, and castelvetrano olive compote with wilted basil and fresh parsley garnish.

E3FCDA9B-E2E9-4F3F-A800-085D973E099B.thumb.jpeg.760d13e7a0f4da60e00792bd5915fdf6.jpeg

Saturday was spent raking out the native grass area of our property.  Removed 20-yards of yard waste made up of nothing but pine needles and cones.  Daffodils are just starting to peak their heads above ground, so since nothing is ready to be cut, went to the florist for a pretty bunch of tulips.

40764E64-645C-4876-85EA-882BE4DBFAB5.thumb.jpeg.107951e62b1dbcbb034346f88f2ef94a.jpeg

This morning was a kitchen sink omelette with avocado toast and strawberries.

1882F19E-150F-419C-A888-2FAF78204688.jpeg.9cdb7fbb35d169d8e372c3e825dedd4a.jpeg

Followed up this afternoon with wildflower seed planting while snow flurries fell before the main event arrives Monday and Tuesday; 8” - 14” of snow.  As you can tell, technique is everything when planting seed on Mother’s Day. 😁

• Like 5