Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We are having some people round to dinner  tomorrow night and have decided to serve for dessert “îles flottantes“ (floating islands) which is one of my favourites .

The make or break for this recipe is for me a really good crème anglaise so living in Madagascar there is no shortage of vanilla. 

Unfortunately I had to replenish our stock today and was disappointed to see that its gone up in price by 15% from the last time. Anyway bought a tube of 10 pods for the equivalent of $ 31 or £ 22 not so cheap as it once was here. I wonder how much it will be the next time I need to buy some.

20210520_163924.thumb.jpg.7097b42d9b7bc793de5f71165cfa1b63.jpg

20210520_163852.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

We are having some people round to dinner  tomorrow night and have decided to serve for dessert “îles flottantes“ (floating islands) which is one of my favourites .

The make or break for this recipe is for me a really good crème anglaise so living in Madagascar there is no shortage of vanilla. 

Unfortunately I had to replenish our stock today and was disappointed to see that its gone up in price by 15% from the last time. Anyway bought a tube of 10 pods for the equivalent of $ 31 or £ 22 not so cheap as it once was here. I wonder how much it will be the next time I need to buy some.

20210520_163924.thumb.jpg.7097b42d9b7bc793de5f71165cfa1b63.jpg

20210520_163852.jpg

Your dessert plan sounds delicious Reef!  Enjoy your dinner!  

3 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Wait, what?  Most of the folks here have slept with cilantro?  What have I been missing?  Where’s zqtchas when you need him?

Ok honest up Stumble!  Have you not been tempted?  🤣  And yes we are missing the wisdom of Chas!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Wait, what?  Most of the folks here have slept with cilantro?  What have I been missing?  Where’s zqtchas when you need him?

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

Ok honest up Stumble!  Have you not been tempted?  🤣  And yes we are missing the wisdom of Chas!

Was going to post something mildly risqué in reply but thought better of it. We did have some cilantro from the garden tonight, in a charmoula sauce served with grilled shrimp...

Edited by jpalbny
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Was going to post something mildly risqué in reply but thought better of it. We did have some cilantro from the garden tonight, in a charmoula sauce served with grilled shrimp...

Have more wine JP and walk on the wild side! 😁

• Haha 2

Shrimp? I had fried shrimp tonight! We have a new place that opened near me....all kinds of seafood on the menu.  I usually go with grilled or broiled but decided on a Fried Shrimp basket with sweet potato fries.  It was really good🙂....I never do fried food so this was a treat.😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Well, I for one don't have to worry:  DW hates cilantro!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We did have some cilantro from the garden tonight, in a charmoula sauce served with grilled shrimp...

Sexy!

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Have more wine JP and walk on the wild side! 😁

Where’s Que when you need him?

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

DW hates cilantro!

That’s what she wants you to believe. 😉

• Haha 2